Herpy.nu will close down in January 2018 - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018, and years of smear campaigns have given us a reputation that has been hard to shake. We therefore made the choice to close the site and move on to a brighter future. While the forums will be archived as a memory of times of past greatness, new funds have been raised and new admins have been recruited to start working on a entire new community far away from Bad Dragon and any association with that company. The gallery will remain operational in the meantime. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send a PM to Valcyrie.

Herpy have always been my little lovechild since I joined over a decade ago. But he grew up, and as he has aged with dignity its time for his hatchling to take over. A fresh start for a new generation in a new era.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

Any fellow musicians/composers out there?

Do you like listening to it, or do you even create it? Talk about it here!
Draco Solis
I am a: Musician

Any fellow musicians/composers out there?

Post by Draco Solis » July 18th, 2016, 1:46 am

Much like the title asks, do we have any fellow musicians and composers walking amongst the Herpy forums? If any of you Herpy folk are indeed musicians or composers, go ahead and leave a reply saying what instrument(s) you play and what sort of music you like to play/make. Feel free to share any of your creations as well. ^.=.^

For me, I mostly play the keyboards. In terms of genres, I typically make stuff ranging from black metal to soundtrack to ambient music. Below are a few examples of what I like to make, for anyone curious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2hlrbluYXo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry9ehDVO1dY

https://soundcloud.com/lumen-et-tenebra ... -recording
o.o
I does a stare~

Symphony

Re: Any fellow musicians/composers out there?

Post by Symphony » September 27th, 2016, 7:55 am

I do some music production in my leisure time when I'm not...looking at dragon stuff... I mostly produce edm tracks using FL Studios 11. I'm not super experienced at it as I have only been doing it for about a year and a half, but I have produced some trance, drum and bass, and house (progressive and big room). I haven't posted any of my tracks on the Internet so I sadly can't share any of my work right now.

Elysis
I am a: Lurker

Post by Elysis » September 27th, 2016, 10:26 pm

I am pretty good at playing the alto saxaphone.

I am known as the saxiest sax man in my school band.
Heil Hydra.

Drakkir
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open for trades

Post by Drakkir » September 28th, 2016, 3:44 pm

I do some things in FL Studio as well, though I am no professional. I also enjoy playing the piano and violin.

Matoegos

Post by Matoegos » September 30th, 2016, 10:55 am

I love playing my Electric guitar. She is a Stratocaster in Sunburn finish and is awesome to play on.

My favourite thing to play is the solo to Hotel California by the Eagles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrfhf1Gv4Tw

I tried to play the piano when I was young, but I was never really that good at it. I took a much better liking to guitar and now my left hand is the smart one and the left hand is the dumb one :)
I also used to be the lead guitar in a band. Funny story that one, we broke up and reformed three times in one year! We are completely done now, but it was fun while it lasted.

Best regards,

- Matt
Interested in Computer Science, Rugby, Pink Floyd, Archeology, Palaeontology, Physics, Geography and Dragons ;)

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » October 17th, 2016, 1:14 pm

I do a bit of composing and a lot of playing - been almost 10 years since I started on the violin. Because of that, I do mostly classical and compose that. Also play more modern things with my limited guitar skills and also play a bit of piano.
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Feckless.

Post by Feckless. » December 10th, 2016, 4:44 am

I've been playing the piano since 6. I've mostly been producing various "genres" of electronic music for about 5 years now

Most of my work can be found here: http://soundcloud.com/insane-sketch

Drakkir
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open for trades

Post by Drakkir » December 10th, 2016, 4:50 am

Coryn

Post by Coryn » December 13th, 2016, 6:31 pm

Ah, I am a classical composer. I compose music for orchestra and hopefully wind ensemble in the future, but for now, I primarily focus on marching band music! If you still don't quite understand, look up drum corp videos and you will know exactly what I mean! ^.=.^
"...and this chaos, it defies imagination."