Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

Dragonhunter's cave

Do you like to draw or sculpture? This is your place to share!
Dragonhunter4321
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Dragonhunter's cave

Post by Dragonhunter4321 » August 1st, 2016, 9:56 am

I have some art... but I can't seem to figure out how to upload stuff... so I have this thread up just in case I hapen to get it to work...
I once asked God for a bike, but I know that's not how God works. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

LokiDragon

Re: Dragonhunter's cave

Post by LokiDragon » August 2nd, 2016, 9:06 pm

It's best if you upload to Imgur first then use the Url from there. As there's no direct upload ATM. Hope this helps.

Dragonhunter4321

Post by Dragonhunter4321 » August 3rd, 2016, 6:02 am

http://imgur.com/V9aAnga

There is a sketch I did of an anthro dragon... the picture was taken with my phone... I guess it is more like a drawing than a sketch... this is standard for me.

I have some NSFW stuff but imgur won't allow it, and most of.it isn't dragon... yet.

I'll work on more as time passes...
I once asked God for a bike, but I know that's not how God works. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Joe

Post by Joe » August 11th, 2016, 2:47 am

If there wasn't an "UPLOAD" option, there is now. When you write a post and want to add an image, below the text box is two buttons. "Options" and "Attachments" Attachments is the one that give you a variety of upload options. Hope this helps. X)

EDIT: Oh gosh, and how could I forget about that awesome spiky dragon? Yes, it is awesome and adorable. ^_^
¡£ ¥0u ©@n ®€@d th¡$, ¥0u® ¡Q ¡$ b¡gg€® th@n m¥ $h€0 $¡z€. @nd ¡t'$ €|€v€n ¡f ¥0u @®€ w0nd€®¡ng. ^_^

Dragonhunter4321

Post by Dragonhunter4321 » August 11th, 2016, 3:27 am

Well thanks for the info, here is a SFW dragon I have yet to color.

I'd like some advise from the more experienced artists on this site, or just those who love art :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Joe

Post by Joe » August 11th, 2016, 3:47 am

Awww, that's a cute draggy. It needs hugz.

As for advice... try different styles and see which you like and or feel works. I hate to be seen as somebody who brags about himself, but I was an early bloomer when I got hooked and started going serious in art. 3ed grade to be exact. By the time I was in high school I was pretty much self tutoring because I advanced higher than what was taught in class. Needless to say, I was kinda the teacher when the students asked me for help. But anyways, try to observe and study other peoples techniques and apply it for your own. Practice and patience is the best advice I can give.

Now if you're just asking people to criticize, I can say you do better than most. I feel though you should smoothen your lines a little more, and maybe make them thinner if you want less cartoony and more... realistic I guess.
¡£ ¥0u ©@n ®€@d th¡$, ¥0u® ¡Q ¡$ b¡gg€® th@n m¥ $h€0 $¡z€. @nd ¡t'$ €|€v€n ¡f ¥0u @®€ w0nd€®¡ng. ^_^