Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

joe's art gallery/cave of creation

Do you like to draw or sculpture? This is your place to share!
Joe

joe's art gallery/cave of creation

Post by Joe » August 10th, 2016, 9:29 pm

Well ain't this just a stroll down memory lane. For those of you who don't know me, I've grown quite a large portfolio back in the day of Herpy.net. But then I've been off and on when visiting, and same goes for my practice at drawing. Having a full time job and paying bills is the culprit to all that. I was an avid artist, my head always cleared and yet focused. However, I now have less weight on my shoulders, more free time on my hands.

It really is too bad .net is shutdown though. Most of the art I had there is either gone, lost, or worn and faded. Everything in my computer is gone because it crashed. However, the most recent I had there is still in my possession and in good condition. I'll post them again here I suppose. Doesn't really count as double posting since this is a new site. But for now, I'll show some current artwork I've done.

Dragons with manes are awesome!
13320641_579002658926687_560986025421340826_o.jpg
A lizard girl. Just a commission I'm working on. (And I accept commissions for free fyi)
received_560084070818546.jpeg
Dragon Den Studios. A logo I made for our studio for Facebook and YouTube.
12714243_536953039798316_906993484_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
¡£ ¥0u ©@n ®€@d th¡$, ¥0u® ¡Q ¡$ b¡gg€® th@n m¥ $h€0 $¡z€. @nd ¡t'$ €|€v€n ¡f ¥0u @®€ w0nd€®¡ng. ^_^

Saber
I am a: Author

Re: joe's art gallery/cave of creation

Post by Saber » August 11th, 2016, 6:07 am

I'm glad to see you back and still doing art, Joe! Still looks great. :D

(This is Raevocrei~)
Hello! Dragon here. Rawr!

LokiDragon
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Post by LokiDragon » August 11th, 2016, 7:53 pm

Do you store your art/sketches joe or have they just got damaged from being moved around over the years? I personally prefer to leave mine in the sketch books or store them in a large black folder I keep under the stairs (direct sun light, moisture and time are the bane of the traditional artist!).

Joe

Post by Joe » August 13th, 2016, 5:58 pm

Saber wrote:I'm glad to see you back and still doing art, Joe! Still looks great. :D

(This is Raevocrei~)
Why thank you, Saber! Glad I still got the touch.

And, Raevocrei..... it's so familiar. I had for that banner I couldn't finish. You where the dragon with the golden coloured axe on the tail, right? Or am I mistaking you for somebody else?
LokiDragon wrote:Do you store your art/sketches joe or have they just got damaged from being moved around over the years? I personally prefer to leave mine in the sketch books or store them in a large black folder I keep under the stairs (direct sun light, moisture and time are the bane of the traditional artist!).
So, I had them in a folder in my closet. However, I realize it's the paper I used to make those drawings that's the problem. Over time, the back of the pictures almost seem to absorb the led from the next drawing against it. Thus, the quality is destroyed and becomes fuzzy and faded. I have different paper now that doesn't do that.

I suppose I can post what images I have left from over the years. Keep in mind non of these have as good of quality like herpy.net did because these where re-downloaded from my laptop. When shuffling jpeg images from one device to another, the resolution is slightly destroyed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
¡£ ¥0u ©@n ®€@d th¡$, ¥0u® ¡Q ¡$ b¡gg€® th@n m¥ $h€0 $¡z€. @nd ¡t'$ €|€v€n ¡f ¥0u @®€ w0nd€®¡ng. ^_^

Saber
I am a: Author

Post by Saber » August 13th, 2016, 10:35 pm

Joe wrote:
Saber wrote:I'm glad to see you back and still doing art, Joe! Still looks great. :D

(This is Raevocrei~)
Why thank you, Saber! Glad I still got the touch.

And, Raevocrei..... it's so familiar. I had for that banner I couldn't finish. You where the dragon with the golden coloured axe on the tail, right? Or am I mistaking you for somebody else?
That would have been me! The earliest version of me. xD

Also, glad to see your older creations. That first one is really awesome. ^-^
Hello! Dragon here. Rawr!

Joe

Post by Joe » August 14th, 2016, 5:25 am

Saber wrote:
That would have been me! The earliest version of me. xD

Also, glad to see your older creations. That first one is really awesome. ^-^
Oh, so you have a different dragon look now, eh?

And hey! I found that skyrim picture and it's in good condition! So I had it scanned rather than just prop it somewhere to take a pic with a phone. It's never looked so crisp before!

Angel

Post by Angel » August 14th, 2016, 5:46 am

OMG Joe! :) You really did a great job so far with the banner, really amazing.
Angel
Tulpa.info advisor for Herpy.nu on tulpa phenomenon

Joe

Post by Joe » August 15th, 2016, 12:48 am

Angel wrote:OMG Joe! :) You really did a great job so far with the banner, really amazing.
Thanks. I really did much more than what's shown. That's just the last file I made a jpeg. And I currently don't have Photoshop, so I'm kinda screwed on showing the current without it. I know I know, there's cracked versions, but those sites are all un-trust worthy. Never know what viruses I could catch. But again, thanks for the compliments. X)

Joe

Post by Joe » August 16th, 2016, 9:19 pm

Finally finished with this commission. Wish I had a better program though. X)

Joe

Post by Joe » December 20th, 2016, 1:49 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3m7NYPS3b8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hey yall! Yup, I still play this game. To me, it's still not dead. And if you're a fan of tes oblivion, than this will be a huge treat. It's a recreation of cryodiil's imperial capital city. If you're interested in downloading it, my gt is still CleanserOfNoobs.

And here's a birthday commission for a dragon friend of mine.

Joe

Post by Joe » December 22nd, 2016, 8:28 am

These are just prototypes, rough pen sketches for dragon armor. I'm digging the head dress, but I'm trying to figure out how best to put armor plating all around the neck and wings that will cooperate with it's anatomy. I might have to give up and just cover those areas with chainmail or somethin. Idunno, but there will be an official full body design. And a human configuration version of it as well. I don't really like the humanoid helm design. Looks kind of primate like. XD

the_fallen_dragon
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Temporarily closed

Post by the_fallen_dragon » December 24th, 2016, 12:56 am

Joe wrote: Dragon Den Studios. A logo I made for our studio for Facebook and YouTube.
12714243_536953039798316_906993484_n.jpg
See, e gone have a problem here... you took my studio name!