Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

My D&D ~Drawings & Dragons

Do you like to draw or sculpture? This is your place to share!
non-venomous

My D&D ~Drawings & Dragons

Post by non-venomous » August 12th, 2016, 5:10 am

Welcome to my little corner.
Here you'll find some of my earlier fantasy art of avians, dragons and griffons.
Some inked, few colored, but mostly view worthy unfinished pencils and line drawings.
Will update with more pieces after I get em' scanned. Enjoy your visit.

- Below are some old art pieces I made from the past decade for a comic book project called DRAGON GUARDIAN that never got off the ground. Was started at a time when everything was done on real bristol board, pencil and ink. I was into detailing that took me forever to get started and too exhausted to finish due to time constraints on other projects back then.

Picture 047edited.jpg
DG-2.jpg
DG-3.jpg
Last edited by non-venomous on August 13th, 2016, 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rendrassa
I am a: Artist

Re: My D&D ~ Drawings & Dragons

Post by Rendrassa » August 12th, 2016, 6:42 am

Wow. Have you considered offering commissions? @. .@
Clicky? Image

Semura
Commissions: Open

Post by Semura » August 12th, 2016, 9:13 am

o.=.o
I agree with Ren XD

Or, maybe at least trades? d:

It looks amazing
He actually reminds me of Khalameet from Dark Souls o.=.o

The girl's butt (I think, I'm not the best at female/butt anatomy) might need to be more... mmm... like, curved to show she's sitting on the dragon's leg. (not sure how to explain it with words)
But that's just me. I've never been good with humans and sitting poses XD
Formerly Jil
::Commissions!::

Walk tall, my friends.

non-venomous

Post by non-venomous » August 13th, 2016, 11:36 pm

Thanks Rendra, Semura.
Yes I did have problems getting the woman to look natural in that position on the dragon's leg. Spent more time on her than the rest of the piece I recall. This was way before digital art came to the rescue with unlimited undos! Now that I actually have this image in my computer I feel like trying to finish it with a program I recently got Manga Studio EX that I'll get my feet wet with soon.

As far as commissions, well.. after looking at my old stuff I think I'm out of practice compared to now. So I may take up a few commissions just to brush up. No charge in exchange for no pressure is ideal for the moment.

Here's some I found of Avians and Griffons. Sorry they're mostly sketches and of not great quality. Clothing animal anatomy of the canine and hawk was a challenge to pull off using traditional methods especially.
plate 2.1
sketch img001.jpg
plate 2.2
DV PLATE-003.JPG
plate 2.3
SB scene1.gif
plate 2.4
Shall we waltz.jpg
plate 2.5
Sword Duel.jpg
Last edited by non-venomous on August 16th, 2016, 6:53 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Rendrassa

Re: My D&D ~Drawings & Dragons

Post by Rendrassa » August 14th, 2016, 7:27 am

Hey, let me know when you're taking request! I would love to see how you draw my mate or me.
Clicky? Image

non-venomous

Post by non-venomous » August 16th, 2016, 7:51 pm

Thank you both for the complements! Sure Rendra, I'll PM you and Semura shortly since you're the only two interested candidates which is enough to begin brush up with. Not sure about color yet (never did that on a PC) but I'll go one step at a time.

I looked at some of the other art threads but a lot have links that require logging into FA which I have no account and therefore no access to view.

Semura, I got to see a couple of your last art posts and they look really neat! They also can be viewed while I'm logged off. How did you manage that?
Even my attachments can only be seen when logged in here and is limited up to five max per posted reply.

Well, here's a few more dragon art I did in HS including a color one I'd not laid eyes on for years!
nameless.jpg
dragons line img007.gif
Laughing dragon.jpg

Joe

Post by Joe » August 16th, 2016, 9:37 pm

I just love your style, and understanding of anatomy. It's jaw dropping to say the least.
¡£ ¥0u ©@n ®€@d th¡$, ¥0u® ¡Q ¡$ b¡gg€® th@n m¥ $h€0 $¡z€. @nd ¡t'$ €|€v€n ¡f ¥0u @®€ w0nd€®¡ng. ^_^

Rendrassa

Post by Rendrassa » August 17th, 2016, 5:09 am

Well, a lot of FA posts tend to be NSFW, if you can't view them while not logged in, and since you are avoiding that stuff, maybe it's a good thing. Though it's possible to find artists who do only SFW stuff on FA, suck as a very good dragon artist who is known as Diterkha. Link to page.

My point is, you could set up as a SFW artist there.

And I'm looking forward to it! ^. .^
Last edited by Rendrassa on August 18th, 2016, 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clicky? Image

Semura

Post by Semura » August 17th, 2016, 10:50 am

To answer your question about how you can view my stuffs, Non, I use the [img] tags on my SFW arts c:
(and I just link to the NSFW on FA, which is probably the ones you couldn't see ^.=.^')

And yeah, I'd love to see what you'd do with my sona and mate X3

And it's like Joe said, your anatomy understanding is to die for o.=.o
Formerly Jil

Walk tall, my friends.

non-venomous

Post by non-venomous » August 17th, 2016, 9:42 pm

Haha.. I almost didn't recognize "Non" as referring to me! I can relate to that or NonV to denote venomous.

Ok, thanks Semura, that helps me to learn how posting works here.

Oh, and thanks for the complement Joe! I've not roamed enough to post replies elsewhere yet but in due time.

Dragonhunter4321

Post by Dragonhunter4321 » November 7th, 2016, 4:42 am

???

I'm sorry to bother you but all I'm seeing are the words "name of image".jpg/gif

It's confusing.
I once asked God for a bike, but I know that's not how God works. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Semura

Post by Semura » November 8th, 2016, 12:16 am

It seems that Non-Venomous isn't a member anymore, which in turn I guess means his attachments got deleted.

He seemed like such a nice guy, I wonder what had made him leave /:
Formerly Jil

Walk tall, my friends.