Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

Skrom's Game Design: "F*CK a Creature VR" [NSFW]

Do you like to draw or sculpture? This is your place to share!
Skrom
I am a: Artist

Re: Skrom's Game Design: "F*CK a Creature VR" [NSFW]

Post by Skrom » December 30th, 2016, 1:44 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Aracth'nil wrote: Exactly the problem I had when I first started to code (and still do)... I'm a hatchling coder, and I find that I get stuck for ideas to develop and improve my coding skills so I can take it to the next level. Made a simple Visual.js game with ~800 lines of code a couple times (with the complexity of a 90s arcade game) and a few simple physics engines, but that's all so...
Don't know how people get to coding stuff like big Indie titles like KSP or Minecraft even with only a few people to help.
Well basically, Minecraft or KSP weren't released in a single version, they were iterated. KSP was for a long long long time in early access ^.=.^
Plus, people are "Developers" as their job. They do it everyday, nothing is comparable to someone that code once a week (In term of Experiences and Thoughts).

What I'm trying to say here is that I'm a developer "From a developer School", I worked in game studios multiple times, as part time and internship and yet I'm launching my indie game studio.

Basically I learned the processes in game creations, as producer, game designer and developer. Of course I have plenty to learn but ... I'm trying to create a "Concept" and a "Prototype" :3 Which I could later iterate with a team.

Rasalom
I am a: Author

Post by Rasalom » December 30th, 2016, 2:26 pm

I'd love to, but I'm involved in a major project already, so... I really can't. :roll:
Though I will be watching with interest how situation unfolds. :roll:
(and spare a bug every now and then...)
Don't kill the edge and become like the rest.
Don't lose the faith that made you who you are
Don't kill the edge that manifests inside
This world is mine; it's where my thoughts collide...

Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Post by Aracth'nil » December 31st, 2016, 2:12 pm

Skrom wrote:
Aracth'nil wrote: Exactly the problem I had when I first started to code (and still do)... I'm a hatchling coder, and I find that I get stuck for ideas to develop and improve my coding skills so I can take it to the next level. Made a simple Visual.js game with ~800 lines of code a couple times (with the complexity of a 90s arcade game) and a few simple physics engines, but that's all so...
Don't know how people get to coding stuff like big Indie titles like KSP or Minecraft even with only a few people to help.
Well basically, Minecraft or KSP weren't released in a single version, they were iterated. KSP was for a long long long time in early access ^.=.^
Plus, people are "Developers" as their job. They do it everyday, nothing is comparable to someone that code once a week (In term of Experiences and Thoughts).

What I'm trying to say here is that I'm a developer "From a developer School", I worked in game studios multiple times, as part time and internship and yet I'm launching my indie game studio.

Basically I learned the processes in game creations, as producer, game designer and developer. Of course I have plenty to learn but ... I'm trying to create a "Concept" and a "Prototype" :3 Which I could later iterate with a team.
Fair enough... I remember looking at both of those in early early versions (ie 0.09 or something and Beta 1.3) That was like half a decade ago o_O
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Valcyrie
Site Admin
I am a: Author
Commissions: Temporarily closed

Post by Valcyrie » January 19th, 2017, 3:12 am

This is a rather cool idea! There is some 3D furry game already that have implemented the use of VR, but I can't for the sake of the devil recall what its name was x.-.x But I think they have only anthro models and I don't really like their design much. If promising enough, this is probably enternainment I'd invest in x3
Avatar by Semura. Signature by me and Ember.

DrachenFyr

Post by DrachenFyr » January 27th, 2017, 2:46 pm

Valcyrie wrote:This is a rather cool idea! There is some 3D furry game already that have implemented the use of VR, but I can't for the sake of the devil recall what its name was x.-.x But I think they have only anthro models and I don't really like their design much. If promising enough, this is probably enternainment I'd invest in x3
Yiffalicious? Yeah, I don't like the models either. The males are all "buff muscle" types and the females have kilometre wide hips. Looks awful in my opinion. $13k a month on Patreon though...
Aim high in life, but watch out for flying boxes.