Fur, fabrics, leather and Hide. My sewing is wonkey and my seams are too wide!

Enjoy metalworks, jewelry, sewing or other similar handicraft? This is the place for you!
Valcyrie
Site Admin
I am a: Author
Commissions: Temporarily closed

Re: Fur, fabrics, leather and Hide. My sewing is wonkey and my seams are too wide!

Postby Valcyrie » January 19th, 2017, 5:10 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that :/ But yes I agree, whenever you buy something goth nowadays its rebranded chinaclones that break after 1 day, and if you want better quality is on the far side of the spectrum, with a dress for like £250 or more. I mean come on, cant there be a middle ground? o.-.o
Avatar by Semura. Signature by me and Ember.

LokiDragon
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Re: Fur, fabrics, leather and Hide. My sewing is wonkey and my seams are too wide!

Postby LokiDragon » January 19th, 2017, 5:45 pm

Suppose it's supply and demand. If you want to be alternative you have to either buy the mass produced stuff that is churned out by mass for your clii-chei of society. Or fork out some serious cash for the artist to spend the time custom making you something... Usually someone like myself who has little money so charges for the time at the highest rate. :/ Although saying that you can get some bargains at conventions as there's more buyers of whatever faction you belong to so they tend to go lower prices to try to sell more. Even the ones who make their own stock.

Valcyrie
Site Admin

Postby Valcyrie » February 12th, 2017, 8:23 pm

Yeah I know x.-.x Still though. I guess I can't really do much but save up xD

LokiDragon

Postby LokiDragon » February 19th, 2017, 8:41 pm

I've agreed to do a stall at a local creative festival. I've started turning out some more waistcoats and I'm trying to do some designs for T-shirts ATM. So I'll post some more stuff eventually. I'm still surprized that there isn't any fursuit makers on this community yet.

Valcyrie
Site Admin

Postby Valcyrie » February 19th, 2017, 10:38 pm

Ooh nice :3 There are surprisingly few suitmakers in general, I think...

LokiDragon

Postby LokiDragon » May 11th, 2017, 10:36 pm

Yeah unfortunately that's not going ahead anymore... :roll:

Anyway I figured I'd do a prototype of an easy to make top hat that I can churn out... Obviously I had to do a scalie one! Image

Return to “Craftsmanship”