Herpy.nu forums are still not fully operational. To stay updated, follow me at https://twitter.com/ValkyrianArts

Robotics

Enjoy metalworks, jewelry, sewing or other similar handicraft? This is the place for you!
Dracokon
Site Admin

Re: Robotics

Post by Dracokon » August 12th, 2016, 1:23 am

Latest post of the previous page:

I'm from a completely different neighborhood of robotics (robot combat) so I'm not fully familiar with what you are doing, but I just wanted to say I think it's fantastic and I can't wait to see the build pics. :)
Twitter - YouTube - Gatorbox Forum
Telegram: Dracokon

Xasin

Post by Xasin » August 12th, 2016, 6:15 pm

Thanks!

My robot will be a completely DIY-Made, 3D Printed Line-Tracking robot competing in the RoboCup 2017 :D

I've already made a robot myself, called Zephyr, but it had a few flaws ... The main one being that it was an Omniwheel-Driven system, which gives minimal surface contact. And as one can guess, that makes climbing slopes (up to 20°) preeety hard.

This new robot will be constructed with a belt track system in mind, 3D-Printed from NinjaFlex.
It will be driven by two powerful 1 kg*cm NEMA 14 Steppers, and will consist of self-designed 3D printed parts made from ColorFabb CarbonFibre XtremeTough plastics (black >:3)
The controller will be based on a AVR ATMega32 or ATMega64, coded with self-written libraries, and soldered together on a board of own design :3
Powered it'll be by a beefy 3AH six-cell LiIon battery for 13V of power for the steppers :3

It's gonna be a good one :D
Not just dreaming is what I strive to do, but just as much to be the one to make them reality

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

LokiDragon
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Post by LokiDragon » August 13th, 2016, 11:42 pm

Dracokon wrote:I'm from a completely different neighborhood of robotics (robot combat) so I'm not fully familiar with what you are doing, but I just wanted to say I think it's fantastic and I can't wait to see the build pics. :)

That's interesting I'd love to do that,(again) I went with my father to the British Robot wars when I was eleven. Frankly I like to do it just to prove to my father his build was sh*t :evil: but it's something I'd really want to do, just for the challenge!

Xasin

Post by Xasin » August 14th, 2016, 12:59 am

Hehe, actually, building a combat robot probably wouldn't be much different from what I am doing right now!
I mean sure, I'd have to consider a more sturdy build, weapons, and defensive systems ... But mostly that consists of using metal instead of 3D printed plastic parts :P

Anyhow!
Update to my robot: We now have little prototype thingies!!

White stuff: PLA/PHA ColorFabb
Yellow: NinjaFlex
Not just dreaming is what I strive to do, but just as much to be the one to make them reality

Hidden Content

Xasin

Post by Xasin » September 13th, 2016, 7:35 pm

Whoop whoop!
More rwobot incoming!

I finally got around to printing a first prototype of the track system that will be used by it! :D

Neat, huh?
Next up will be ordering the electronics and mechanical supplies for the bearing supported track system and control!
For those who don't know yet, the robot will be printed out of this sexy stuff:

Hidden Content

Xasin

Post by Xasin » November 29th, 2016, 9:49 pm

Oh shit I totally forgot to keep this updated!
:O

Guys
GUYS
LOOK AT MY ROBOT NOW
>:D

It's pretty much what I wanted, to be honest...
It utilises sturdy M4 screws and thick printed parts made out of the non-brittle XT-CF20
The control core is a tough Mega32, with protective diodes and fuses, and the motors are steppers, running at 800 steps per revolution with A4988 :D

The test runs have actually been VERY promising, and everything is looking just like this will be the robot that might just maybe get even farther than ever before in the competition ...
(Well, at least farther than last year >.>)

Hidden Content

LokiDragon
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Post by LokiDragon » December 1st, 2016, 11:55 pm

Well done Xasin that's looking great! Cool stencil on the side graphic too.

Xasin

Post by Xasin » December 3rd, 2016, 12:01 am

Thanks!
And yeah, I thought "Hey, why not make the robot look even more awesome with that logo! :D"
Hehe, and it worked!

I used a copper color fabric marker. Works surprisingly well on 3D printed plastic ^-^

I'll send a video of the robot once it gets a first test run of line following done >:D

Hidden Content

The Unnamed

Post by The Unnamed » July 27th, 2017, 1:51 am

Ahhhhhh...Robotics.....

Altough i am a total UNDERNOOB at programming or anything related to robotics,i can do quite cool stuff... In theory...When talking about other stuff tough...

I am currently working on an ACTUALLY WORKING fully mechanical(no servomotors or electricity) bullet-resistant armor covering the whole body(basically the oh so much asked for iron man suit mk 1)that could theoretically whithstand 50.cal and small-form explosives (gurnades).I even got some polymerised chemical compounds(basically textiles) that are 10X more resistant than Kevlar on the mechanical levels and oh so many times chemically resistant!!! If i am to EVER succed in obtaining permits to ACTUALLY HAVE THE RIGHT to even make a working prototype(as of Canadian laws regarding civilians manufacturing potentially dangerous things,as wel as laws about military-orientedThings are gonna change in the world of tank warfare man...
I am the Unnamed,roaming this here earth,transcending time and age,searching for a purpose, a reason to be,to exist.

Xasin

Post by Xasin » July 27th, 2017, 2:11 pm

Eh, not everyone has to be that interested in robotics, don't worry.

Although I am quite intrigued to hear that ...
Wouldn't such a suit be too heavy? Obviously having a compound like what you described does help ...
Is it graphene, by the way? The only material that I can think of that is more resistant than Kevlar without adding too much weight would be a huge, uniform sheet of graphene ... But those haven't really been successfully produced in sizes above a couple of square centimetres.
Any other bullet-proof material would, IMO, be too heavy to make a functional body armour without adding so much weight that some form of movement-assisting actuators are necessary ...

How are you capable of producing those tough and resistant materials at home, by the way?
I mean, making things like Graphene or proper bullet proof ceramics require a lot of expensive equipment to get it right.

Hidden Content

The Unnamed

Post by The Unnamed » July 27th, 2017, 10:03 pm

Those tough materials are basically alloys of metals for the outer shell. As for the material stronger than kevlar,it is actually (extremely long inhale) Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene,a new wonder material that is cheap to produce but crazily effective as for...well....ANYTHING!!!
I am the Unnamed,roaming this here earth,transcending time and age,searching for a purpose, a reason to be,to exist.

The Unnamed

Post by The Unnamed » July 27th, 2017, 10:08 pm

By the way i forgot TAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK!!!!

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » July 27th, 2017, 10:11 pm

He still refuses to admit, but he tried to make a lazer-firing panzer tank with that one.
The dragon that inhabited my soul left and now it watches over me.