Herpy.nu will close down in January 2018 - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018, and years of smear campaigns have given us a reputation that has been hard to shake. We therefore made the choice to close the site and move on to a brighter future. While the forums will be archived as a memory of times of past greatness, new funds have been raised and new admins have been recruited to start working on a entire new community far away from Bad Dragon and any association with that company. The gallery will remain operational in the meantime. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send a PM to Valcyrie.

Herpy have always been my little lovechild since I joined over a decade ago. But he grew up, and as he has aged with dignity its time for his hatchling to take over. A fresh start for a new generation in a new era.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

Angels with Scaly Wings

Do you too enjoy lurking in your basement while sweating Red Bull and Doritos while you rage at some 12-y-o kid across the continent? We understand you, come join us. We offer consolidation pizza.
Rasalom
I am a: Author

Angels with Scaly Wings

Post by Rasalom » February 12th, 2017, 5:58 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwCG3lqcb7o
Angels with Scaly Wings is a unique visual novel set in a world populated by dragons.

After the discovery of a mysterious portal, you are selected as one of the few humans to travel to the world of dragons. While you serve as an ambassador, you learn more about this strangely familiar place, and discover that your human colleague knows more than he’s letting on…

It will be up to you and the friends you make to uncover the conspiracy that threatens the newly discovered world - and in the process, you may even find love.

Features:
Epic storyline

With a script of over 175.000 words, our mindbending story will lead you through a number of dramatic twists and turns.

Hang out with the locals

Meet with a variety of dragons on 5 main and 5 secondary character routes. Listen to their stories and learn about their hopes, dreams and problems.

The choice is yours

Make deep, impactful decisions that can affect the game world permanently and lead you to more than 13 different endings.

A town full of secrets

Investigate a number of mysteries during free time sections. Manage your time wisely and be careful who you meet with, as each encounter may bring forth unintended consequences.

Unlockable gallery
That much is advertised on STEAM...
Anyone tried it?
Don't kill the edge and become like the rest.
Don't lose the faith that made you who you are
Don't kill the edge that manifests inside
This world is mine; it's where my thoughts collide...

Saber

Re: Angels with Scaly Wings

Post by Saber » February 12th, 2017, 6:30 pm

I've tried it and loved it! I've played through several different endings now, and so far I would have to say Bryce's story line is my favorite. He's such a lovable guy. XD

It's been a long time since I've felt such strong emotions for story characters. I felt like I was completely immersed in this world for my first playthrough, which was the most memorable one. I quickly fell in love with the game, despite getting my emotions smashed into a million pieces. XD Since then, I've enjoyed running through it again and again, trying to find the best endings.
Hello! Dragon here. Rawr!

Rasalom

Post by Rasalom » February 16th, 2017, 1:40 pm

In other words I should check it out.
Hm... On one hand, dating sims are far outside of my focus group.
But then again it's a DRAGON dating sim... :roll:

Dracokon
Site Admin

Post by Dracokon » February 28th, 2017, 2:52 am

(Full disclosure, I got a copy of this game from the developers for free.)

I did a stream of this game about a week or so ago and both me and my co-host were equally surprised by it, in a good way. We had a "back up" game planned just in case we started this one and people didn't like it or something, but it turned out to be hilarious and we filled the entire clock with it.

If you're playing it alone or in such a way as to enjoy the visual novel aspects of it, it's okay I guess? I really have no experience with visual novels so all I have to go by is the novelty factor of it being a "dragon dating sim", and for that I can definitely recommend it.
#DracokonIsBack
SoFurry -- FurryNetwork -- FurAffinity
Telegram: Dracokon

Rasalom

Post by Rasalom » October 5th, 2017, 6:16 am

So I've just finished the game.... Well, not entirely 'cause I still haven't seen the secret ending (but I need 60 achievements to do so, and I only have like 55).
Overall the plot sucks balls. Gameplay as well.
However what makes this game worth paying for are the characters and their stories (Bryce's storyline was a blast - Drinking contest, BBQ... - I'm a slav, what did you expect?)

The true ending was kinda dissapointing. It would be so great if there would be a party (like BBQ for instance) where the whole gang would get together and we could see how that whole "dragons living with humans" ordeal worked for them. It would be so much more rewarding than a screen with items from every dragon, and a sign "Thanks for playing".

But maybe I shouldn't complain too much. After all I had fun.
(especially with Anna...)

LokiDragon
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Post by LokiDragon » October 17th, 2017, 3:32 pm

That overall sum up, seems a bit harsh :/... I mean sure it's a badly animated 'garage' game clearly with a naff budget but the amount of effort to make something that's enjoyable without a huge crew is impressive. It's clearly a personal thing for the creator (He's basically put his Heart and soul into the characters, especially Lorem.) But there's a great deal of hidden stuff and humour in the game that is well thought out even if there's a casams worth of plot holes! It's still a fun game, built for people like us by people like us. :D

Rasalom

Post by Rasalom » October 18th, 2017, 5:34 am

Actually I was rather neutral with it.
After all I didn’t want to appear to enthusiastic about it, ‘cause… Well I’m thirty five, second kid on the way ‘n all… And as the game looks like to be targeted at the players half my age… It would look kinda…
Well, y’know…
Awkward…

If I wouldn’t like the game I would start nitpicking.
Something along the line of “Those dragons don’t look dragon to me. They’re dinosaurs.” or “It’s such a no-brainer deciding not to bring a gun to the world filled with carnivorous reptiles. And the Darwin’s Award goes to…”, or “Has a degree in biology and doesn’t know that being endo-/exothermic is dependent on metabolic rate of the organism…”
And I ain’t doing it.
I mean sure it's a badly animated 'garage' game clearly with a naff budget but the amount of effort to make something that's enjoyable without a huge crew is impressive.
Yea, I know. I’ve assumed it from the start, and as such I’m not talking about that. But rather about “what’s going on under the hood” (“bonnet” if you prefer). Of course I have to put a note here, that I didn’t actually saw the game code, and it’s only my assumption of how it’s made, based on observation of how it’s working.
Flags for instance. (to those who don’t know: flag is a variable used by the game engine to check whether a player preformed a certain task, or action essential to the storyline and/or certain event in the story had occurred, that will alter the storyline in some way.) Let’s take Remy’s story as an example. To see his good ending, you need to meet with Emera in the political district of Tatsu Park and not mock Remy’s ear; then go to the library and see the scene with Remy and Adine, and finally in his home look three times at the pictures on the table. Then while having the conversation in the park you have an option in dialogue “I remember you said you always wanted children”, which hooks up Remy with the children in the orphanage, right?
Well, on my second playthrough (and I don’t mean “normal” second playthrough, like finishing the game and starting again, but after deleting the profile files, and creating a new profile) I didn’t looked at the pictures, but still I had that option. So essentially the game engine assumed that I did something that I didn’t. Either because of a bug, or the game doesn’t use flags for that (or at all). Other time with Adine’s good ending my character referred to the Administrator as Izumi. But the thing is, my character had never learned that name. (maybe because I aimed at that time to have flawless run – only good endings, and the name has been revealed in Remy’s bad ending. Again I haven’t seen it then, but the game engine assumed I did).
The game don’t even have that “lock”, that prevents running multiple instances of the game at the same time, and that is something so obvious, that it’s introduced in the WinMain() function

Then again, even C. Petzold in his “Programming Windows” books, which are considered to be a bible for Windows programmers kinda forgot to put a “cbSize = sizeof(WNDCLASSEX);” field while declaring a window class. And mistakes like that are just a step from causing bluescreens. Even on XP which didn’t actually had a bluescreen.
But I digress…
It's clearly a personal thing for the creator (He's basically put his Heart and soul into the characters, especially Lorem.)
I know. And I’ve said… Well, technically wrote, that the characters are making the game worth buying. General principle is that you can have a shitty story, and so on, but if you have good characters, they will carry your story regardless. And this is the prime example of that.
I really had lots of fun interacting with the characters in the game, and I've been recomending it to everyone amongst the polish dragon-lovers forums ever since I've finished it.
Still the true ending did left me wanting...

Dracokon
Site Admin

Post by Dracokon » November 29th, 2017, 11:11 pm

Dracokon wrote:
February 28th, 2017, 2:52 am
(Full disclosure, I got a copy of this game from the developers for free.)

I did a stream of this game about a week or so ago and both me and my co-host were equally surprised by it, in a good way. We had a "back up" game planned just in case we started this one and people didn't like it or something, but it turned out to be hilarious and we filled the entire clock with it.

If you're playing it alone or in such a way as to enjoy the visual novel aspects of it, it's okay I guess? I really have no experience with visual novels so all I have to go by is the novelty factor of it being a "dragon dating sim", and for that I can definitely recommend it.
Quoting this post just as a follow-up, but Angels With Scaly Wings was such a massive hit with my stream and channel that we decided to play through the entire game. Here is a link to our playthrough in nine parts, if anyone is interested: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... t49Upw6mnf

(It goes without saying this playlist contains massive spoilers, as in "we literally play through the entire game".)
#DracokonIsBack
SoFurry -- FurryNetwork -- FurAffinity
Telegram: Dracokon