Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

Weirdest Things You've Ever Done in Video Games

Do you too enjoy lurking in your basement while sweating Red Bull and Doritos while you rage at some 12-y-o kid across the continent? We understand you, come join us. We offer consolidation pizza.
Zan'theros
I am a: Author
Commissions: Open

Weirdest Things You've Ever Done in Video Games

Post by Zan'theros » July 28th, 2016, 6:27 am

So here is where you can share stories about the weird, questionable, strange, and sometimes disturbing things you have done in video games. Nothing is too outlandish, so tell us the craziest shit you've done in your favorite games!

One moment of mine involved using a glitch in GTA V online to quite literally walk on water. After using a trick I saw done in a video by VanossGaming, I took my character out for a nice stroll across the waves. Someone eventually starting following me in a jetski, and I just posed for him.
After which he summarily popped a cap in my skull.

Good times, good times...
Within thyself is the potential for many great and miraculous things.
You just need to take the time to discover how to perform them.

System Error Message

Re: Weirdest Things You've Ever Done in Video Games

Post by System Error Message » July 28th, 2016, 11:55 pm

in GTA 5 online i would always go on a player killing spree when not on a mission. Its a kill or be killed world.

Nihogrr490

Post by Nihogrr490 » July 29th, 2016, 3:16 am

Hi everyone i'm new here and saw this thread decided to post on it.

Crusader kings 2 the reign of king Arthmael III of the kingdom of Brittany and his shit second son

Long ago in the year of 876-879(cannot remember) King Arthmael III had continued the tradition of slaughtering the Karling dynasty and their many many kingdoms(Northern France, Aquitaine, Italy, Germany/East Francia, Lotharingia, Bavaria and many many duchies...), king Arthmaels great great grandfather Duke Arthmael I won Normandy in a war against the King of France as well as fighting off a horrid viking invasion and liberating several provinces from the horrid heresies that occupied much of norther France in the weakening of the catholic church. War had once again come this time for the duchy of Poitou. Tens of thousands of French and Celtic forces clashed across the fields of France the armies of Brittany scattering the Karling forces to the winds! When at last peace was made the king now known as King Arthmael III the Great of Brittany sat in his throne room when suddenly his second son; his worthless son, his son born with crumiest of stats a meager 7Martial 2Diplomacy 2Learning 3Stewardship you get the point he be shite and nothing in comparison to his father or elder brother the Duke of Normandy Arthmael IIII. "You worthless snot! why cant you be more like your brother?! Get out!!!" he would often scream this lead to the young snot who began plotting to become king of his own realm with blackjack and hookers.

One day he comes into the throne room kicking down the great double doors "DADDY I WANNA TITLE!" he raged as he kicked down the doors. The king looked up at him having dozed off in a slumber(as the previous war while easily won and with little loss of life his side was still a tiring affair having lasted 2 years) angered by his sons pride and arrogance he stood up cursing him twice "YOU DARE!? YOU HAVE NOT EVEN HELD A BLADE IN YER TINY FRAIL BROKEN HANDS!? WHO NEVER WEIGHED A LIFE IN YOUR SAID FRAIL TINY BROKEN HANDS!? GET OUT AND DONT YOU DARE RETURN UNTIL YOU MATCH HALF YOU DEAR BROTHER DUKE OF NORMANY!" at this he kicked the shites ass out of the castle raging then that the doors had stood since his houses founder and great great grandfather. The snot had enough he set out a call for warriors across the realm to come to his banner.

Now to the nitty gritty. The snot rallied a meager 300 men, YES! 300 men. He sent a messenger to the king his father who came running through the broken doors "MAH LOOOOORRRRRD!" as he came running out of breathe he knelt handing the king the letter who looked it over, the strategy was sound a member of his dynasty on the throne of Bavaria would be a boon for the karlings eastern borders to be threatened. Yet another messenger came "MAH LOOOOORRRRRD!" bearing news his son was boarding ships that very moment with plans to sail down the coast of France, Spain and finally through the straight of Gibraltar up the boot of Italy and cross the alps... THE ALPS IN WINTER! the king then his rage broke as he had already accepted the call to arms unable to deny his troops... The king wrote a letter a letter sent to his son upon reading was a strange thing indeed one in which his friends argued over the meaning of some saying bad other good in the omens of his fathers blessing when at last a captain saw this message... "M-my lord... That is a dickbutt..." to which all agreed the king approved(which I did not).

Long story short the little shit got stranded in the mountains in winter in which time he eventually came to be pursued by a army of 3000 angry Bavarians as he ran scared shitless through the mountains most of his men dying more to starvation and frostbite among other things... MEANWHILE IN THE TEMPLE OF EVIL(karling lands) France joined the war... Thus my shit son camped in Burgundy watching as tens of thousands of Brittons and Franks kill each other across the lands finally surrendering as I wiped out the rest of France and turning to conquer Bavaria... My shit son behind bars request I, I BUY HIS FREEDOM... I offered to pay them to keep him.(At this point I also realized finally my son the duke of Normandy had died of ammonia) and I wept many many manly tears.

And that is the story of how I chose to join a pointless war, trusted in my worthless son, lost my favorite son, and wasted thousands of lives for literally nothing... FUN TIMES

Rasalom

Post by Rasalom » July 29th, 2016, 5:39 am

Long time ago playing Oblivion (Elder Scrolls IV) I made a point of (dis)honor to strip every female argonian I slay, of her clothes.
Regrettably, they’ve all had underwear.
This in turn led me to a long, pointless and fruitless philosophical dispute on the topic of who, when and where came up with those, and most importantly, what the hell was he thinking..?!
Last edited by Rasalom on July 30th, 2016, 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't kill the edge and become like the rest.
Don't lose the faith that made you who you are
Don't kill the edge that manifests inside
This world is mine; it's where my thoughts collide...

Zan'theros

Post by Zan'theros » July 29th, 2016, 7:33 am

I've gone a step further in Oblivion AND Skyrim and used the grab function to force the corpses of my slain enemies to try to fuck each other.
Yeah... Kinda disturbing now that I think about it.

Also Nihor we're talking about things you've done in video games, not give a first-person retelling of a video game's plot.
Within thyself is the potential for many great and miraculous things.
You just need to take the time to discover how to perform them.

Daedalus
Site Admin

Post by Daedalus » July 29th, 2016, 7:55 am

Zan'theros wrote: Also Nihor we're talking about things you've done in video games, not give a first-person retelling of a video game's plot.
Well his story was about Crusader Kings 2. When you look at the game it says that "The simulation is open-ended, so the definition of success is completely defined by the player." There really is not plot to the game itself, just a goal to expand your dynasty/empire. No two times playing would be the same, and that series of events would not happen again. So really it fits into this thread quite well as an amusing story from a strategy/simulator game.

Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Post by Aracth'nil » July 29th, 2016, 2:17 pm

I made a rocket of like 60 nuclear engines in Kerbal Space Program.
Other than that... well KSP so...
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Nihogrr490

Post by Nihogrr490 » July 30th, 2016, 4:57 pm

Zan'theros wrote:I've gone a step further in Oblivion AND Skyrim and used the grab function to force the corpses of my slain enemies to try to fuck each other.
Yeah... Kinda disturbing now that I think about it.

Also Nihor we're talking about things you've done in video games, not give a first-person retelling of a video game's plot.
My bad for making it long winded and it wasnt a plot Crusader kings 2 is a open sandbox rpg medieval sim strategy game like Daedalus said. That was a four hour rp I had with a friend of mine while I was playing making the whole situation all the funnier at the time and thought it would make it sound a little more entertaining than just "I killed and got killed thousands of people and whats more my son died because I tried to help out my one son who I neither liked or felt deserved what he desired but tried to win him a throne anyway."

LokiDragon
I am a: Artist

Post by LokiDragon » July 31st, 2016, 12:29 am

Well the thing that springs instantly to mind is playing Tekken tag with my sister both playing as Yoshomitsu using his various harikari moves and self harming abilities to see who could kill themselves the fastest!

As for Skyrim trying to find all of the 'Do not Delete' chests was a pretty strange obsession! Then using them to get to places you weren't supposed to get to.

Sneacky

Post by Sneacky » August 1st, 2016, 8:23 pm

I used to arrange the dead bodies of my victims in Oblivion and Skyrim into silly poses. I remember one time I was being jumped in a crypt by two guys. Two murders and a couple hours later they were two lovers whose last meeting was in the crypt. I made sure to put lots of flowers around them before I sealed it back up.
TLDR: I like to play with the dead bodies.

Rasalom

Post by Rasalom » August 2nd, 2016, 5:54 am

Well... That's literally a tryumph of love over death... :twisted:
Don't kill the edge and become like the rest.
Don't lose the faith that made you who you are
Don't kill the edge that manifests inside
This world is mine; it's where my thoughts collide...

Draco Solis
I am a: Musician

Post by Draco Solis » August 2nd, 2016, 8:26 am

So, this isn't overly strange at all, but I think it's pretty amusing.

While playing Dark Souls 2, I finally managed to be able to use a sword called the Lost Sinner's Sword and it's a pretty big-ass sword (not overly large, but still pretty big). Well, recently I found out that using a two-handed running swing makes my character perform this big golf-swing and when I performed this on a weakly-armored enemy, I actually sent them flying.
Then later I found out this works on most enemies so I've made it a point to just play golf with the enemies whenever I can. Even managed to knock a few people off cliffs with it. x3
o.o
I does a stare~