Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

Weirdest Things You've Ever Done in Video Games

Do you too enjoy lurking in your basement while sweating Red Bull and Doritos while you rage at some 12-y-o kid across the continent? We understand you, come join us. We offer consolidation pizza.
Draco Solis
I am a: Musician

Re: Weirdest Things You've Ever Done in Video Games

Post by Draco Solis » August 2nd, 2016, 8:26 am

Latest post of the previous page:

So, this isn't overly strange at all, but I think it's pretty amusing.

While playing Dark Souls 2, I finally managed to be able to use a sword called the Lost Sinner's Sword and it's a pretty big-ass sword (not overly large, but still pretty big). Well, recently I found out that using a two-handed running swing makes my character perform this big golf-swing and when I performed this on a weakly-armored enemy, I actually sent them flying.
Then later I found out this works on most enemies so I've made it a point to just play golf with the enemies whenever I can. Even managed to knock a few people off cliffs with it. x3
o.o
I does a stare~

Corvus
I am a: Lurker

Post by Corvus » August 2nd, 2016, 10:36 am

Back when I used to play Battlestar Galactica Online, I wanted to get one of my friends to join me. As the Cylons (one of the factions) on the server I predominantly played on was getting absolutely destroyed at the moment, me and my friend rolled as Colonials (the other faction) on another server. After finishing the tutorial, I recomended to my friend to go do this daily rng reward thing to get some good stuff for our low level ships. While he got mostly garbage, what I got was a handful of nukes.

In this game, nukes were one of several rewards that could only be reasonably obtained through a currency only dropped from pvp called merits that also had a daily cap. The amount of nukes the game just gave me was about a week's worth of merit farming. Recalling what a guildmate from the other server said when discussing strikes (the ships types that new players get, but can be upgraded to destroy just about anything), there were missile launchers called 'ruiners' available that turned nukes into dumbfire but boosted their damage enough to just about oneshot anything in the game.

After conveying this information to my friend and upgrading my missile launchers as high as I could with some of the starter currency I had, we jumped to a nearby system to look for someone to kill. And immediately after loading in, on the otherside of the system was an enemy line ship (think battleship) that was a high level and sitting over a mine. Activating our boosters, me and my friend closed in rapidly. When we entered his radar range, he probably dismissed us since we were lvl 1 pilots, but I can assure you he would almost immediately regret it once he realized I was a dragon-in-sheep's clothing when he went 100 to 0 in a few seconds.

It was assured he would come back as his mine was still up, and he did but with his own friend in tow. I blew both of them up but I was getting low on nukes and my friend got shot down himself. At this point, some of the other higher level Colonials were laughing over chat about my shenanigans and asked if I was from another server and would like to join their guild. I declined, as I was going to go back to my main character after this game session and wouldn't be coming back.

I don't know what happened, but somebody must have lost their shit because they couldn't sit over their water mine in peace without noobs nuking them. So after regrouping with my friend in the middle of the system and almost logging off then and there, an enemy fleet jumped into the system with the sole purpose of mounting my head over their fireplace. This of course, spooked the higher level colonials, whom called their own friends and got their own fleet rallied by the outpost before engaging the enemy in the middle of the system. Both me and my friend were in hysterics at this point. We managed to survive the battle, but logged off after that. My only regret is that I missed with my last two nukes.

Tl;dr: Lucky rng roll by a noob escalates into a large fleet battle.
USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!...
Ad Infinitum.

Zan'theros
I am a: Author
Commissions: Open

Post by Zan'theros » August 2nd, 2016, 11:53 pm

So I recently used an exploit over and over on Skyrim in order to give my character armor that, when worn, gives him god-like stats. This includes a boost in my sneak skill of over 6.7 million percent. I've had a lot of fun with it, hehe.
So long as I am in sneak mode, I'm basically invisible. I can attack people all day with whatever weapons or spells I want, and even if they're just inches in front of me and staring right at me, they can't see me.
Needless to say... many city guards have died recently...
Within thyself is the potential for many great and miraculous things.
You just need to take the time to discover how to perform them.

Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Post by Aracth'nil » August 3rd, 2016, 1:21 pm

Zan'theros wrote:So I recently used an exploit over and over on Skyrim in order to give my character armor that, when worn, gives him god-like stats. This includes a boost in my sneak skill of over 6.7 million percent. I've had a lot of fun with it, hehe.
So long as I am in sneak mode, I'm basically invisible. I can attack people all day with whatever weapons or spells I want, and even if they're just inches in front of me and staring right at me, they can't see me.
Needless to say... many city guards have died recently...
Just goes to show the logic of video games such as Assassin's Creed as well on so many levels.
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Dragonhunter4321
I am a: Artist

Post by Dragonhunter4321 » August 7th, 2016, 4:35 am

I'm one of those people who use a lot of mods (particularly adult ones). In Skyrim I was running along with my female argonian, stark naked, and as I entered a city, windhelm I believe, and a whole line of guards came along. Now I have a mod that turns gaurds who say "what, did someone steal your sweet roll?" Into sweet rolls. The first gaurd came up, and did so. I picked up the sweet roll, next gaurd did the "I used to be..." and was stuck by lighting and died (another mod) the rest just walked off. Me and my kinky mind, I striped the gaurd and placed the sweet roll on his penis... as I finished this, a child walked up and yelled "YOUR NAKED!". He turned to the dead gaurd and finished it all off with, "ahh! dead body!"
I once asked God for a bike, but I know that's not how God works. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Zan'theros

Post by Zan'theros » August 7th, 2016, 4:45 am

It's so hard to find a halfway decent set of sexy/nude character texture mods that don't end up screwing up your Skyrim game in some way. Even harder to do that with actual sex mods.
As a 360 player... all I have are official DLCs... :(

Dragonhunter4321
I am a: Artist

Post by Dragonhunter4321 » August 8th, 2016, 12:29 am

Zan'theros wrote:It's so hard to find a halfway decent set of sexy/nude character texture mods that don't end up screwing up your Skyrim game in some way. Even harder to do that with actual sex mods.
As a 360 player... all I have are official DLCs... :(
I know what you mean. SOS even tells you that it makes the wagons when making a new game do barrel rolls... I don't know why, it just adds male genitals. Why does that make the wagons do that?

Other than that, lover's lab has some good adult mods for skyrim, including SOS, sexlab framework, and several well made plug-ins for both. I have one that gives argonian a reptile set of genitalia. As for the female skin, look up Feminine argonian/khajiit. There is also a male version of those skins. I use Nexus mods.
I once asked God for a bike, but I know that's not how God works. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Zan'theros

Post by Zan'theros » August 8th, 2016, 12:58 am

Again... Xbox 360. I can't do that to my Skyrim game. It's not possible.

Mydragonsfly

Post by Mydragonsfly » August 11th, 2016, 10:39 pm

While driving around in the Hunter Takedown 4X4 in Burnout Paradise, I was going clockwise on I-88 playing road rage I somehow lost control of my truck and ended up doing a barrel roll off the side of a bridge's support structure (near hubbard ave) and landed wheels down on an onramp right below it.

I've tried doing this several times on my own but was always met with failure. :/

Zan'theros

Post by Zan'theros » August 12th, 2016, 3:35 am

That truck, let me tell ya MDF, it is a beast. I never lose a road rage with it, and he'll, I've even won a stunt run with it before. Well, the mini version.

That's my next entry: in Burnout Paradise online, I used a mini version of the Takedowm 4x4 truck to win a stunt run. My secret? Going crazy at the abandoned airfield.

Valcyrie
Site Admin
Commissions: Temporarily closed

Post by Valcyrie » August 18th, 2016, 5:35 pm

Does this count? :p
Avatar by Semura. Signature by me and Ember.

Zan'theros

Post by Zan'theros » August 19th, 2016, 4:40 am

You are a twisted, disturbing woman at times, Val...
I mean... I've done weird stuff in Minecraft too, but only creating very questionably-shaped structures and trapping a creeper in a cage of TNT while screaming "Yeah, how does it feel, bitch?!".

Valcyrie
Site Admin
Commissions: Temporarily closed

Post by Valcyrie » August 19th, 2016, 5:47 am

Zan'theros wrote:You are a twisted, disturbing woman at times, Val...
You're right, I've forgotten to add "Spielen Macht Frei".
Avatar by Semura. Signature by me and Ember.