Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

Dragon Space Program

Do you too enjoy lurking in your basement while sweating Red Bull and Doritos while you rage at some 12-y-o kid across the continent? We understand you, come join us. We offer consolidation pizza.
64Dragonheart64

Re: Dragon Space Program

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » January 11th, 2017, 1:48 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

And here i am, trying to create a ship that can orbit kerbin. I'm currently using two solid fuel engines and a liquid one between them. You guys make me feel dumb!
And Aracth, i'm basically in your same situation regarding the heat and skiing! Some days ago we had like 36C and the only time i got to ski was once when we went south in my graduation trip and, in short, i fell and as i couldnt get up due to the skis, i struggled to get them off.
The dragon that inhabited my soul left and now it watches over me.

Sliithsss
I am a: Lurker

Post by Sliithsss » January 11th, 2017, 10:49 pm

Don't feel dumb! Orbital mechanics is not an intuitive subject, everyone struggles in KSP at first. Watch some of Scott Manley's videos on the basics, stuff like ascent angle after launch, apoapsis and periaspis, deltaV, and hohmann transfers. You'll get the hang of it! And as for building, just make sure it's symmetric and has plenty of struts.

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » January 12th, 2017, 12:46 pm

64Dragonheart64 wrote:And here i am, trying to create a ship that can orbit kerbin. I'm currently using two solid fuel engines and a liquid one between them. You guys make me feel dumb!
And Aracth, i'm basically in your same situation regarding the heat and skiing! Some days ago we had like 36C and the only time i got to ski was once when we went south in my graduation trip and, in short, i fell and as i couldnt get up due to the skis, i struggled to get them off.
Don't feel bad... experience comes slowly. I started in 0.08... no one knew how big it would get back then... under 15 parts, frustrating controls (SAS didn't let you use control surfaces at all), winglet landings (no gear) no Minmus even, atmosphere at 34500m. Come a long way since then.
Scott Manley gets a second from me! He has a good tutorial series aimed at getting to orbit and the Mun, and more. I learnt much of my skill and knowledge from him.
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Xasin

Post by Xasin » January 17th, 2017, 10:44 pm

I personally also really like the KSP Training sections and Scenarios!
You can select them on the menu screen before loading a save - and they do get you through everything, from building a spacecraft, to flying it, to making it to orbit, then mun and back.
All that with helpful tips and hopefully little explosions :P

And if you like a good read, the KSP-Wiki that is now built in to KSP does have enough tips to help your memory out...
Altnought it in itself isn't quite enough just yet.
Not just dreaming is what I strive to do, but just as much to be the one to make them reality

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » January 18th, 2017, 1:10 pm

Also 2 SRBs and a liquid engine probably isn't enough unless you have a really light payload (I would struggle) I would more recommend 3 liquids and a set of SRBs (that's what my lightest launcher currently is)
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Xasin

Post by Xasin » January 30th, 2017, 11:13 pm

Hey there everyone!
Just a quick note that the server is now back up to the lastest updates etc., so you can now feel free to press that "Install updates" button :D
Not just dreaming is what I strive to do, but just as much to be the one to make them reality

Hidden Content

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » February 13th, 2017, 11:58 am

We should consider starting the heav(ier) modded server...I'm running out of things to do, and this thread has been quiet.
Also do you ever think KSP is going to have achievements for first landings and returns or something?

Xasin

Post by Xasin » February 15th, 2017, 10:15 pm

I would actually love those achivements, Aracth'nil!!

We already have stuff like achieved orbit, after all ...
But I bet it should be easy enough to create stuff like "Landed on:" or "Broke Kerbin SOI"
Maybe also stuff like "Deployed a network sattellite around:"

Also, I'll see to it - right now I am a bit slow when it comes to gaming or herpy stuff (As you may have seen in the Alternate Reality RP)
That's because exam phase has started for me - which means about two to three exams, each subject one, somewhen around this week. It's annoying, but aside from busying me a little it's not doing much.

Once that is over, and I have a bit more free time with my robot project wrapped up, I'll get to it!

BUT!
In the mean time, you could already put together some mod ideas you want!
Don't forget though: Not excessively much! Not everyone got a monster PC like you do :P

Hidden Content

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » February 15th, 2017, 10:30 pm

Good luck man!
I haven't entered the server in a while because i had a problem with the game that i eventually solved the day before yesterday, and mainly because i always get distracted playing other stuff with friends.
And well, i hope to come across some of you when i get back in order to have some live action feedback of the vessel i currently have in development.

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » February 16th, 2017, 12:14 pm

Xasin wrote:I would actually love those achivements, Aracth'nil!!

We already have stuff like achieved orbit, after all ...
But I bet it should be easy enough to create stuff like "Landed on:" or "Broke Kerbin SOI"
Maybe also stuff like "Deployed a network sattellite around:"

Also, I'll see to it - right now I am a bit slow when it comes to gaming or herpy stuff (As you may have seen in the Alternate Reality RP)
That's because exam phase has started for me - which means about two to three exams, each subject one, somewhen around this week. It's annoying, but aside from busying me a little it's not doing much.

Once that is over, and I have a bit more free time with my robot project wrapped up, I'll get to it!

BUT!
In the mean time, you could already put together some mod ideas you want!
Don't forget though: Not excessively much! Not everyone got a monster PC like you do :P
Na me too. The education system really sucks up your time. I don't care if we hold it off until early April or something. Just putting it out there.

Xasin

Post by Xasin » February 17th, 2017, 8:08 pm

64Dragonheart64 wrote: And well, i hope to come across some of you when i get back in order to have some live action feedback of the vessel i currently have in development.
Oh, well sure!
I think next weekend I might have lots of time - But since my exams are pretty much all over, I guess any upcoming day will work fine for me :3
Aracth'nil wrote: Na me too. The education system really sucks up your time. I don't care if we hold it off until early April or something. Just putting it out there.
Well ... School is only sucking up my time because of the exams and more homework than usually ATM.
Actually, most of the time I have enough free time to ... Well, build a robot, a 3D printer, and some other stuff <.< ((Keeping myself nicely busied >.>))

I want to keep up a good quality of RP posts, but it's a bit harder right now ...
After this weekend the situation will have cleared up completely though, so no worries about having to wait THAT long :D

Hidden Content

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » February 18th, 2017, 2:51 pm

I got this error 5 minutes ago when initializing CKAN. When i skipped it, i found out that CKAN does not recognize the mods anymore, even though they are still there.
EDIT: Despite that, CKAN loads all the mods correctly. Oh well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Xasin

Post by Xasin » February 19th, 2017, 11:11 am

That's ...
Extremely weird. Looks like a .net error, ouch :S

Maybe refreshing CKANs registry will solve the problem?
Otherwise a reinstall of the necessary components.

However, should it not work it's not a huge deal.
KSP and CKAN run independent of each other, so as long as you occasionally update some mods manually, you should still be able to play just fine ^^

Hidden Content