Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

Dragon Space Program

Do you too enjoy lurking in your basement while sweating Red Bull and Doritos while you rage at some 12-y-o kid across the continent? We understand you, come join us. We offer consolidation pizza.
Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Re: Dragon Space Program

Post by Aracth'nil » December 8th, 2016, 12:52 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Just a piece of advice:
There are versions of MechJeb out compatible with 1.2, I'm playing with some of them that are betas released by the devs. They have to be installed manually however and a download link or zip would have to be provided to ensure same version is used. It would be good though.
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Xasin

Post by Xasin » December 8th, 2016, 3:09 pm

I'd much rather wait for CKAN to get a compatible version ...
Besides, I did not keep a backup of 1.2.1, and thanks to Steam my KSP is already updated to 1.2.2 while all the mod devs are probably groaning at the changes they need to implement now D:
Not just dreaming is what I strive to do, but just as much to be the one to make them reality

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » December 9th, 2016, 3:14 am

Well darn it - half the mods for me broke with 1.2.2. My CKAN is a port for Mac so its not as good. I do have a Windows laptop but installation would be a pain. So I'll be off until the mods come live.
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Xasin

Post by Xasin » December 12th, 2016, 7:06 pm

Good news everyone!
DMP and a few mods are updated, others seem to function quite nicely already, so I have re-opened the server!

Also, I think you guys need to really hurry up.
DatScience.jpg
Things are getting a bit ... Sciency at my end :3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Not just dreaming is what I strive to do, but just as much to be the one to make them reality

Hidden Content

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » December 12th, 2016, 7:18 pm

Aaaand i still struggle to make the Sputnik land correctly. Still, thanks for letting us know!
The dragon that inhabited my soul left and now it watches over me.

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » December 12th, 2016, 11:27 pm

That's it... i reached 180000 meters high and the vessel landed just fine. New achivement for me!

Xasin

Post by Xasin » December 17th, 2016, 10:33 pm

Nice goings Dragonheart!

Also, it finally is time: MechJeb has come back to life, and is compatible for 1.2.2!
I have also taken myself the freedom to add DistantObjectEnhancement and PlanetShine, for some slight nice optical additions. PlanetShine just makes your crafts look a bit cooler, but DistantObjectEnhancements might make DMP even cooler, as we can see the other's crafts from farther away than before!

CKAN file attached below ^^
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hidden Content

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » December 17th, 2016, 11:32 pm

Thanks for the heads-up!

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » December 18th, 2016, 1:39 pm

Eh, too into Elite:Dangerous recently... got into it again. Don't know when I'll get around to playing but good to have a new modpack. I wonder if Val could pin the most recent modpack download at the top of the post or you could make a new one and just edit it with pack link and modlist with versions (for manual install if so inclined)

Xasin

Post by Xasin » December 18th, 2016, 8:02 pm

Aracth'nil, that is perfectly fine with me!
The server probably will just stay online for ... Don't ask me how long, since there is almost no strain on the Raspberry I am running it on, and it has not crashed so far :D

I could probably just slap the Modlist to the first page; that post is easily accessible after all.
Actually, I guess I could set up a Google Drive link and use that ...

I'll have it set up before you know it!
Check on the first post :D

Hidden Content

Xasin

Post by Xasin » December 20th, 2016, 7:55 pm

Alright, I quickly added Telemachus, which can't be installed via CKAN right now - it needs to update itself properly, and hasn't done that yet, sadly!

Also, I noticed that some parts may or may not get registered by DMP properly. For example, I tried to use a KWRocketry engine, but DMP thought it was a part that was not enabled on the server.
Should something like that happen to you, tell me the Part ID it says on the screen should you get the message, and I can fix it up!

Hidden Content

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » December 21st, 2016, 3:17 pm

So i just joined, built a vessel i designed a few days ago and when i tried to analyze the goo, BAM!.
(Not the red parts)
And if you are curious abut the vessel's fate, it exploded when descending in the atmosphere.

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » December 21st, 2016, 5:19 pm

Need them heatshields...
KSP crazy ships... has anyone made one yet? I once made a ship out of just nuclear engines.. so hard because shocking Isp near sea level. Took about 40-50 engines in layer asparagus to get it off the ground.