Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

What is your favourite game?

Do you too enjoy lurking in your basement while sweating Red Bull and Doritos while you rage at some 12-y-o kid across the continent? We understand you, come join us. We offer consolidation pizza.
Xasin

Re: What is your favourite game?

Post by Xasin » July 6th, 2016, 2:48 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Uuhhh that's a tough question ...
There are many a games that I really and thoroughly enjoyed, each one in their own category ...

There's Planetside 2 as an FPS, as it features the freaking largest battles you'll ever see, in a paid or free game
Then there's Guns of Icarus, being a really innovative and new Steampunk-Styled (literal) air-ship shooter
And the whole Portal series, ESPECIALLY with Portal 2, as well as Portal Stories: Mel (A free community made addition that fits somewhere between Portal and Portal 2) with its incredibly awesome story, and weird quirky way of twisting physics for exciting and awesome puzzles...

But I think I'd settle for Undertale.
It's unique own way of telling a story, as well as its Music, and its lovable, quirky, /alive/ characters, and the multiple-playthrough potential, where small things have big changes ... It is just combined into one pretty great thing :3
Not just dreaming is what I strive to do, but just as much to be the one to make them reality

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Tera

Post by Tera » July 6th, 2016, 3:00 pm

Modern Warfare series were some of the most memorable PC games I played (then cod became shit after that).
I mostly frequent Payday 2, CS:GO and GMod too. Honestly though a lot of memorable games came from PS1 games for me.
Digimon World omfgggg nostalgia.
then there was MGS.
Really cant say favourites though, I enjoy many of these games
Nissan GT-R

Fenveireth

Post by Fenveireth » July 6th, 2016, 9:45 pm

The Talos Principle.

Because it's rather recent, I get some weird looks for naming it as my hands-down, all-time überfavourite, but I gotta say it like it is : that game is just about made for my taste.

Portal essentially chains up puzzles and witty lines all the way through. This game really takes its time to put you on harder puzzles in a less linear fashion, while going with a philosophical-ish angle on topics like consciousness, faith, and free will.
The musics hit right home for me, although that's a much more subjective thing. I also like how it puts me in an active posture to gather the bits of lore and story, instead of delivering them at its own pace in a cinematic way
♪ Get your kicks, on x86 ♫

Ziea Ebbon

Post by Ziea Ebbon » July 6th, 2016, 10:17 pm

The legend of the dragoon!

Its just a Playstation 1 game but fuck man its got an amazing story and beautiful music
Not to mention some fascinating dragon designs...
I'd say it was this game that threw the most kindling to my love of dragons

Come on!
Just look at this divine dragon!

Ramalisvay

Post by Ramalisvay » July 8th, 2016, 2:07 am

Always and forever the armored core franchise,
With forza second

Fafaqweqwe

Post by Fafaqweqwe » July 8th, 2016, 3:21 pm

Massive fan of fps games here

Hands down csgo is my most favourite game right now but overwatch has been proving its worth to me recently.
Strangely enough when I tried to play dota (I suck at it though), my favourite hero is the sniper which is pretty ironic since I usually awp in csgo.
Just your average friendly dragon. Student by day, gamer by night. Feel free to add me on steam or battlenet to have a casual game together.

Steam account: http://steamcommunity.com/id/fafaqweqwe/

Battlenet account:
Fafaqweqwe#1303

LokiDragon
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Post by LokiDragon » July 8th, 2016, 11:03 pm

Tough question... Gameplay and characters Wild 9. Storyline the Abes Oddessy games (Munches Oddessy and Strangers wrath were pants!) Medievil I thoroughly enjoyed. But Music wise it's got to be the first crash game.

Corvus
I am a: Lurker

Post by Corvus » July 9th, 2016, 8:54 am

All time favorite game? For me it's Warframe.

In Warframe, you play as magic space ninjas whom fly around the solar system kicking the asses off legions of facist and oppressive clones, members of a money worshiping cult and their innumerable robotic proxies, the remains of a once powerful and prosperous empire, the infected hordes of a rampant virus, and invaders from beyond the solar system. To do this, you have a large arsenal of weapons and suits (called warframes). For example, there is the rocket hammer which likes to ragdolls enemies if it doesnt outright kill them, a shotgun which after getting a certain ammount of affinity (experience for weapons and warframes) does a large blast that damages enemies and also heals you, a crossbow which after being modded correctly will fire explosive bolts as a rediculously fast rate, and finally there is the starter warframe called Excalibur which after hitting level 10, can summon forth a magic sword that launches waves of energy that shreds through anything and everything, including terrain. Occationally after a major update, there are fun events that are used to test and lauch new game systems while adding some lore spin to it. For example, there was an event where large deathstar like battleships were headed out to destroy player gathering areas called relays. Players could go on a deathstar runs with their archwings and attempt to damage and destroy it. The best part was that during the entire time the event was running, the enemy would taunt you once in a while over the PA system on the relay, all the way to where if the timer ran out to destroy the enemy ship, they would come on the intercom one last time to laugh at you before a short cutscene showed the ship blowing up the relay and evicting players back to their ships.

All of that and more for a game that is free.
USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!...
Ad Infinitum.

Wind

Post by Wind » July 9th, 2016, 5:00 pm

I binge on different games from time to time, but there are a few games I've been into for many, many years and which I keep returning to once in a while to have another go with. The ones I've played most of all are probably TESIII: Morrowind, Civilization III and Mount & Blade (including the original one and Warband). They are my top 3, where Morrowind is the winner and the two others share second place! At some point I also played quite a lot of World of Tanks, but my interest in that wasn't all too long-lived, but I suppose it was my favourite for a little while.

Dracokon
Site Admin
I am a: Author

Post by Dracokon » July 11th, 2016, 4:46 am

Fenveireth wrote:The Talos Principle.

Because it's rather recent, I get some weird looks for naming it as my hands-down, all-time überfavourite, but I gotta say it like it is : that game is just about made for my taste.

Portal essentially chains up puzzles and witty lines all the way through. This game really takes its time to put you on harder puzzles in a less linear fashion, while going with a philosophical-ish angle on topics like consciousness, faith, and free will.
The musics hit right home for me, although that's a much more subjective thing. I also like how it puts me in an active posture to gather the bits of lore and story, instead of delivering them at its own pace in a cinematic way
Talos Principle is legit. I saw a speedrun of it that abused a ton of glitches and it got me interested in seeing what the game is actually like when you aren't cheating -- totally awesome. :)

Picking a personal favorite of all-time is very tricky for me because there are a ton of games that I enjoy for just as many different reasons. Skyrim is great, but there are a lot of medieval/adventure games, for example. DOOM is amazing, but there's a lot of FPS games like it from the era, etc. I guess if it came right down to it, my pick would probably be Blast Corps on the Nintendo 64 (known as Blast Dozer in non-US countries, I think). It's a game where you have to clear a path for a missile carrier on autopilot without letting it hit anything. This requires you to commandeer about a dozen different vehicles to knock down buildings, fill in holes in the ground, make bridges across water and train tracks, and generally just do a million things at the same time. Plus, there are bonus stages where you do races or time trials with specific vehicles to practice using them. The game was made by Rareware before they hit their stride of mega hits on the console, so for a long time it was mostly forgotten about. There wasn't a game like it before it was released, and there really hasn't been one since then.

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts is a very close second choice for me. I don't really have any particular allegiance to Rare, but they make fantastic stuff. My only real grip with N&B is the fact that you cannot build vehicles and then fight with them, yet the game gives you guns and lasers and rockets and all sorts of other neat crap.
#DracokonIsBack
SoFurry -- FurryNetwork -- FurAffinity
Telegram: Dracokon

Rendrassa
I am a: Artist

Post by Rendrassa » July 14th, 2016, 1:45 am

Jeez, that's a tough one. I think my favorite, though, has gotta be Psychonauts. Replayed it several times, and love it more each time. The characters, the secrets, the platforming style. Just wonderful.

I am so looking forward to the sequel! When that comes out, good luck hearing from me for about three or four days. :3
Clicky? Image

Napalm 74

Post by Napalm 74 » July 17th, 2016, 8:08 am

I would say my favorite games are the left 4 dead series and the stalker series.There pretty damn good
The Truth is Out There

Karch
I am a: Lurker

Post by Karch » July 20th, 2016, 12:30 pm

Hmmmmm That's hard to say.

I love the Soul game series. Hundreds of hours on each on them. The multiplayer system with all the weird thing that can happen between player like when an invader and the host just chill together doing random stuff or when they trick other player with prank. The deep lore that give a lot of thing to interpret. Boss that make you rage then fill you with good feeling when you finally beat it. It's not perfect, but FromSoft keep taking care of it so it's forgivable .
The armored core serie is awesome too , I can't wait for the next one if they make one. I didn't like a lot AC5 but AC4 was awesome. I played AC3 too and I had a good time with it.

Other games that have a special place in my heart are Zelda Majora's Mask, Shadow of the Colossus, Dragon's Dogma(mostly because the beautiful dragon Grigori :D ) and others i can't think of.