Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

Herpy's Minecraft Server

Do you too enjoy lurking in your basement while sweating Red Bull and Doritos while you rage at some 12-y-o kid across the continent? We understand you, come join us. We offer consolidation pizza.
Valcyrie
Site Admin
I am a: Author
Commissions: Temporarily closed

Re: Herpy's Minecraft Server

Post by Valcyrie » February 18th, 2017, 2:12 am

Latest post of the previous page:

I'm all for reviving at least the realm. However I don't think there's a point to try and run Dragonstone anymore, as Bukkit got shut down after Minecraft 1.6. But I would prefer more players if I'm gonna pay for a realm.
Avatar by Semura. Signature by me and Ember.

SaintHF
I am a: Artist

Post by SaintHF » February 18th, 2017, 2:15 am

Wait Bukkit got shut down? the fuuuuu- I'm gonna go research that.

Yeah, Minecraft is better with more people.

Also I did kinda mean the map; not the whole server and its plugins. I really liked the aesthetic, and with the new updates I think we can make the place really shine!
Last edited by SaintHF on February 18th, 2017, 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Valcyrie
Site Admin

Post by Valcyrie » February 18th, 2017, 2:24 am

When MS took over Minecraft they forbid any mods that had entire or parts of its source code. Since Bukkit was a major plugin it got shut down. It's even hard to find Bukkit files to download these days. You might find mods but not plugins that are required to run a server. Bukkit used its own server client via cmd.exe for it to work, it wasn't a modded mc.jar file.

SaintHF
I am a: Artist

Post by SaintHF » February 18th, 2017, 2:26 am

Yikes, sad.

Though there seems to be an alternative cropping up; http://www.spongepowered.org Updates on the 25th. Also take a look at the edit of my last post please :P

Also, weren't you going to bed? >w>

Valcyrie
Site Admin

Post by Valcyrie » February 18th, 2017, 2:41 am

Sad indeed :/ I loved Bukkit.

That looks promising though :3 Perhaps we could make something out of it.

I guess I can upload the old world. Would be fun to see it again, we put a lot of effort into it back in the day.

... and technically, I am in bed <.-.<