Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

Any Wycademy Hunters on the loose? (Monster Hunter!)

Do you too enjoy lurking in your basement while sweating Red Bull and Doritos while you rage at some 12-y-o kid across the continent? We understand you, come join us. We offer consolidation pizza.
Shizukaiyo

Any Wycademy Hunters on the loose? (Monster Hunter!)

Post by Shizukaiyo » September 21st, 2016, 2:38 pm

As the tin says! A topic for Monster Hunter shouldn't be too problematic, right? Any and all things Monster Hunter could go in there, though I suppose I'll trace my own profile as a hunter.

I started with Monster Hunter Generations, and fell in love with Mizutsune as soon as I saw it on the demo's intro. Over time, I grew to love other monsters such as Amatsumagatsuchi, Kushala Daora, Shagaru Magala, Astalos and Rathian.

I'm not an effective hunter at all. I build my sets more for style than power, heh!

At the moment, my most used weapon/style combinations are Aerial Dual Blades, Guild Sword and Shield and Aerial Sword and Shield, though I am looking to expand to the Lance and Long Sword. The highlight of my career was soloing a Hyper Astalos a couple days ago.

My favorite battle themes are Amatsu's, Mizutsune's, Great Maccao's, Zinogre's, Astalos' and Glavenus'. Also, I hate Bulldromes.

Mizu is always gonna be my waifu though. <3

Ishiah

Re: Any Wycademy Hunters on the loose? (Monster Hunter!)

Post by Ishiah » September 21st, 2016, 8:11 pm

Aerial dual swords are overpowered :p

They are pretty fun though.

I've been playing monster hunter for close to a decade now. I first played MH Freedom on the psp with some local friends.

Hammer is by far my best weapon in terms of damage, but it can get repetitive so I also play long sword, sns, and more recently dual swords. I've been picking up heavy bowgun in Generations which I've been enjoying immensely.

The styles in Generations are pretty interesting. I tend to like adept for hammer, sns, and heavy bowgun but I also think the adept dodge roll is way too good. I like guild style for long swords and dual swords.

Favorite monster us Kushala by a large margin, but I also like rathalos, ceanataur, yian garuga, and nargacuga.

I'd be down to play with ppl online!

Shizukaiyo

Post by Shizukaiyo » September 21st, 2016, 8:21 pm

To be honest, only 30% of my reason to play Aerial Dual Blades is due to it being "overpowered". Thing is I kinda suck at the game so I thought to myself "I should get all the mounts", thus Aerial DBs. And Aerial SnS. But I also like it because it looks fabulous~

Draco Solis
I am a: Musician

Post by Draco Solis » October 30th, 2016, 7:22 pm

How the hell am I seeing this only AFTER I start my own thread on it? XD
And it's pretty easy to see your love of Mizutsune. :P

Anyways, I played Monster Hunter for a long while (albiet with a long break because I decided to give away my PSP), and I still consider it one of my childhood games. I haven't played Generations yet but I"m on 4U right now and I really love it. My two preferred weapons are the great sword and the long sword (longsword more so). Not a whole lot of others I really use, though.

There's a lot of monsters I like and I can't really point out just one, and I almost always have fun fighting them.
There's only two things I dislike about the series, though; for one is the occasional monster that has really bullshit design (looking at you, Garuga and Plesioth) that still haven't been completely fixed. And the other is how the rare drops are handled in a way I consider more frustrating than compelling and makes fighting the same monster time and time again feel more like a chore than something compelling.

Even with that, though, Monster Hunter is one of my favorite games and I'll always love it. ^.=.^
o.o
I does a stare~