Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

Elder Scrolls Discussion

Do you too enjoy lurking in your basement while sweating Red Bull and Doritos while you rage at some 12-y-o kid across the continent? We understand you, come join us. We offer consolidation pizza.
DragonNamedRed

Elder Scrolls Discussion

Post by DragonNamedRed » December 18th, 2016, 4:45 pm

This is a central thread about all things Elder Scrolls. Mostly the topics will be Skyrim and ESO.

For Skyrim, let's talk about Mods that you enjoy or that expand on the game without changing it too much.

For ESO, build sets, your Usernames, and maybe some stupid stories about how your pub group is to stupid to do Vet Maw, etc.

ESO is currently $30 on Steam. You can go here to buy the game. http://store.steampowered.com/app/306130/
Not when I shift into maximum over-rrerr

64Dragonheart64

Re: Elder Scrolls Discussion

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » December 18th, 2016, 4:51 pm

For Skyrim, i recommend the Cheese of the Ages mod quest. At first i thought "Why would someone want an ancient cheese recipe?", and in the end it was way better than i thought. Helgen Reborn is also a good one.
The dragon that inhabited my soul left and now it watches over me.

Joe

Post by Joe » December 21st, 2016, 1:36 am

Not that the other two topics are uninteresting. But, what about older elder scroll games? Like oblivion or even morrowind?
¡£ ¥0u ©@n ®€@d th¡$, ¥0u® ¡Q ¡$ b¡gg€® th@n m¥ $h€0 $¡z€. @nd ¡t'$ €|€v€n ¡f ¥0u @®€ w0nd€®¡ng. ^_^

LokiDragon
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Post by LokiDragon » December 21st, 2016, 7:03 pm

Funny really I got into playing ESO so I could start a Herpy guild... Unfortunately most of the members who play are either Xbox or PS4 bound. At least most of the discord group anyway. Only thing I recall from playing Oblivion is that quest where you have to rescue the Argonian girl from the towns folk... I thought it was a funny role reversal by Bethesda. It's usually the human women that want rescuing from the scaly things! :P

Saber
I am a: Author

Post by Saber » December 22nd, 2016, 3:38 am

I absolutely adore the Elder Scrolls games. I've played up from Morrowind to Skyrim and have had a blast with each one of them!

Both Oblivion and Skyrim I played with some heavy modding, though the only mods I ever use are the ones that improve the game, quality, graphics, mechanics, and other things Bethesda could have touched on. Other mods that made additions to the game were fairly canon so it blended in with the story.

For Skyrim, my favorite mods would be Climates of Tamriel, which includes adding realistic weather to the game such as snowstorms, rainstorms, fog, etc; then Frostfall is a great mod, which I accompanied with Realistic Needs to give a more of a survival experience to the game; then OSA for... reasons...; and then last but not least, Combat of Skyrim to add a better mechanical combat system to the game. There's at least 80 others that I use, and they all come together to create a wonderful Skyrim experience, but these were probably my top choices. =P

I used to play ESO some, but I couldn't get into it because it just seemed to drag on as I leveled. Still a lot of fun though, and I may try to play it again soon.
Hello! Dragon here. Rawr!

Joe

Post by Joe » December 22nd, 2016, 8:44 am

Well... this may be borderline on this topic but, it is Elder Scrolls related(oblivion specifically), it is modded, but... it's on a different game. You see, I LOVE oblivion, and I love the Cryodiil capitol city of the empire. So much so, I built the city in halo reach's forge, and I'm going to probably make a version in minecraft as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3m7NYP ... ata_player
¡£ ¥0u ©@n ®€@d th¡$, ¥0u® ¡Q ¡$ b¡gg€® th@n m¥ $h€0 $¡z€. @nd ¡t'$ €|€v€n ¡f ¥0u @®€ w0nd€®¡ng. ^_^

Valcyrie
Site Admin
I am a: Author
Commissions: Temporarily closed

Post by Valcyrie » January 19th, 2017, 3:40 am

I was actually one of those who tested ESO through its alpha and beta phases, however I never really got around to like it. I have always been a sneaky bowman through the Elder Scrolls series, and now I became auto-detected after the first shot. It was a trait I found so annoying that I would leave the game and not return, even after its official release. But that was a long time ago now, I'm not sure how it works now.

As for the other games - I actually enjoy -not- modding them. I'm a vanilla player in many aspects as most of those who play with me will know. I'm very anti-mod unless its something really good.
Avatar by Semura. Signature by me and Ember.