Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

Scalebound got cancelled.

Do you too enjoy lurking in your basement while sweating Red Bull and Doritos while you rage at some 12-y-o kid across the continent? We understand you, come join us. We offer consolidation pizza.
DrachenFyr

Scalebound got cancelled.

Post by DrachenFyr » January 9th, 2017, 9:39 pm

http://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-excl ... n-canceled

I was really looking forward to this. Protagonist dragons are so very rare in games.
Aim high in life, but watch out for flying boxes.

Tarukaja
I am a: Lurker

[Xbox1 & PC] Scalebound CANCELLED

Post by Tarukaja » January 10th, 2017, 12:07 am

News just broke a couple of hours ago, the XBoxOne & PC game Scalebound has been cancelled :( I'm really sad about this, it looked so cool ;^; It was previously announced at E3 2014 to be released this year...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqP1jXcNgtA
MICROSOFT CONFIRMS SCALEBOUND IS CANCELLED
As rumors earlier today suggested, Microsoft has confirmed to IGN that development on Scalebound has ceased.
A Microsoft representative provided the following statement to IGN:
“After careful deliberation, Microsoft Studios has come to the decision to end production for Scalebound. We’re working hard to deliver an amazing lineup of games to our fans this year, including Halo Wars 2, Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves and other great experiences.”
Microsoft further pointed to a recent post on its official site about its additional plans for 2017.
When asked if the Scalebound IP is owned by Microsoft or by developer Platinum, a Microsoft spokesperson simply said "we do not comment on the details of our business agreements with partners," and provided no additional comment when asked if Microsoft will seek to work with Platinum on a separate project in the future.
Scalebound was originally announced at E3 2014 and planned for a holiday 2016 release. Shortly before last year’s E3, Platinum delayed the game to 2017 “in order to deliver on our ambitious vision and ensure that Scalebound lives up to expectations.”
For a look at what Scalebound could have been, check out multiple videos and interviews in our month of Scalebound IGN First coverage from August 2015 as well as our Scalebound gameplay showcase from E3 2016.
Source (with additional gameplay footage videos) - http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/01/09/ ... -cancelled

64Dragonheart64

Re: [Xbox1 & PC] Scalebound CANCELLED

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » January 10th, 2017, 12:38 am

Damn, i was really looking forward to this. Well, i guess that Escape from Tarkov will be the game i'll be buying this year. I hope something like this gets finished in the future.
The dragon that inhabited my soul left and now it watches over me.

Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Re: [Xbox1 & PC] Scalebound CANCELLED

Post by Aracth'nil » January 10th, 2017, 12:42 pm

Erm... there's two threads for this. This one was the second so merge somehow? Val?
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Joe

Re: Scalebound got cancelled.

Post by Joe » January 13th, 2017, 6:15 pm

I'm not the only Joe angery about this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06gJVy- ... ata_player

Guess people are just gunna have to support and beg for like 7 years before they unearth and finish it. Just like the last guardian.
¡£ ¥0u ©@n ®€@d th¡$, ¥0u® ¡Q ¡$ b¡gg€® th@n m¥ $h€0 $¡z€. @nd ¡t'$ €|€v€n ¡f ¥0u @®€ w0nd€®¡ng. ^_^

Rasalom
I am a: Author

Re: Scalebound got cancelled.

Post by Rasalom » January 16th, 2017, 6:04 pm

Isn't it funny however, that the game itself became popular after it has been canceled?
Suddenly you can't go by YT and not stumble on to a vid complaining about Scalebound being scrapped...
Don't kill the edge and become like the rest.
Don't lose the faith that made you who you are
Don't kill the edge that manifests inside
This world is mine; it's where my thoughts collide...