Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

Reason to get a PS4?

Do you too enjoy lurking in your basement while sweating Red Bull and Doritos while you rage at some 12-y-o kid across the continent? We understand you, come join us. We offer consolidation pizza.
MichaelGabrielR
I am a: Author

Reason to get a PS4?

Post by MichaelGabrielR » May 26th, 2017, 10:21 pm

Hey guys!

I'm already an owner of the PS3 and quite a beefy gaming laptop (ROG with Geforce GTX 870m).
The reason I got a PS3 was because it had some quite amazing exclusives.
I am a big fan of Dark Souls, so getting a PS3 was my only chance to experience such games as Demon's Souls, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Drakengard 3 and Nier, which were not available on the PC.
For this reason, Bloodborne looks promising and Crash Bandicoot N-sane Trilogy is on the way, but now it looks like there aren't any good games that might interest me on the PS4 that aren't already available for the PC.
For me, PC is so much more convenient, since I'm almost always online, got my games just a few clicks away and I can mess around in Cheat Engine to create challenge runs and discover hidden content,
while the console is as it is and usually involves going into a separate room or using up the family TV and wait for the updates once the thing boots in order to even begin play.
I have a sentiment for consoles, because I grew up on them and they used to have a variety of all those amazing games one simply couldn't get anywhere else.
And for me, guying a PS4 just to play Bloodborne when the console has few games that interest me, feels like buying the Wii U for Bayonetta 2 while also not being a hardcore Nintendo fan
or having Shovel Knight as a selling point for the Nintendo Switch, while you have a capable PC that can do so much more.

I really want to get a PS4, but I have little reason to do so without feeling ripped off.
Could you recommend me some good games for that console perhaps? (that aren't on PC already)

Thank you in advance!
As a Christian, I believe Draconity and Humanity are NOT mutually exclusive, as our humanity (made in God's image) is independent from the bodies we live in.
Proud supporter of erotica, polygyny and f/f relations within it.
An idealist, I wish to become a dragon one day though advanced technology.

ColGrim
I am a: Lurker

Re: Reason to get a PS4?

Post by ColGrim » May 31st, 2017, 9:32 pm

I have had a PS4 for a few years now. I don't regret getting it. Plus, now it's cheaper getting one. There are a lot of free to play games on there that don't require PlayStation plus. I still play it with friends even though I built my new PC.

If you have friends on PS4 I say go for it. Just be aware that games do cost full price at times. the weekly deals are okay though. Sometimes it may be a crazy deal for games.

DragonCurse4

Re: Reason to get a PS4?

Post by DragonCurse4 » June 1st, 2017, 9:19 am

This...
P5_illustration_by_Shigenori_Soejima.jpg
This should be your sole reason for getting a PS4.

But if you need more reasons than that (I don't know why you should though. I gave you the best reason. :P), Kingdom Hearts. Specifically the Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 collection (if you never got either collection for the PS3), the 2.8 Prologue, and KH 3 when that gets released.

If you are a Digimon fan, or played any of the oldschool Digimon games (like the original Digimon World for PS1), there's also Digimon World Next Order, and the Digimon Cyber Sleuth games.

There's Until Dawn which is a really fun game, and the Final Fantasy 7 Remake coming out soon. Also don't forget The Last Guardian!

Honestly I would get a PS4 for the exclusives alone. Take note that most Xbox exclusives wind up getting released to computers eventually (few exceptions of course), but PS4 exclusives will never be released to PC. I honestly would buy it on that merit alone, so you don't miss out on good games.

ᴮᵘᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ˢʰᵒᵘᶫᵈ ᵐᵒˢᵗᶫʸ ᵇᵘʸ ᶦᵗ ᶠᵒʳ ᴾᵉʳˢᵒᶰᵃ ⁵⋅ ﹕ᴾ
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.