Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

Funniest glitches you ever encountered in games.

Do you too enjoy lurking in your basement while sweating Red Bull and Doritos while you rage at some 12-y-o kid across the continent? We understand you, come join us. We offer consolidation pizza.
DragonCurse4

Funniest glitches you ever encountered in games.

Post by DragonCurse4 » June 15th, 2017, 8:45 am

Quite honestly I'm surprised this isn't a thread yet. :P

Just like the title says, tell me the most hilarious glitches you ever encountered in games (and try not to make this thread all about Skyrim glitches lol).

Anyway, here's the most memorable glitch I ever encountered in a game...

Tomb Raider Legend 2006, during the veeeeeeeery early life of the Xbox 360. There is a level on there where Lara has to infiltrate a snazzy party in Tokyo, so she's wearing a black dress during this level. Anyway, bad guys show up, start shooting up the place, and Lara rips slits on each side of the dress so she can maneuver better. So now it looks like this...
tomb raider black dress.jpg
So she has to exit through the window and start scaling up the building on the outside, but as soon as she leaves her dress glitches out. Her dress, from the waist down, glitches out of existance. So now she's wearing nothing from the waist down but black panties. xD And the glitch doesn't fix itself for the entire level. Lara just goes through the entire level in her underwear. :lol:

Funny thing is, I don't think I ever heard of anyone else encountering that glitch. :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Re: Funniest glitches you ever encountered in games.

Post by Aracth'nil » June 15th, 2017, 2:30 pm

Kerbal Space Program - I think it's still in the game, but less common. Result of the physics engine.
Before reentry heating was added, I flew my Kerbal towards Kerbin from the Mun with just an EVA pack. I'm coming into the atmosphere, and I'm slowing down, still at 100m/s at about a kilometer altitude. So I give up, put it on full physical time warp (4x) and mash the keys. It hits the ground.
...and bounces. It bounces back up a kilometer and mashing the keys more, it bounces about a hundred meters this time.
He survived.
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Rasalom
I am a: Author

Re: Funniest glitches you ever encountered in games.

Post by Rasalom » June 17th, 2017, 6:50 am

The classic Goldeneye 007 gets down:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5c_MEs9mo

Skyrim's amazing horse:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awm6lNOpGq8

No i trzeci Wiesio... Err, I mean The Witcher 3.

https://youtu.be/H6QoEUqadW4?t=28m2s
Don't kill the edge and become like the rest.
Don't lose the faith that made you who you are
Don't kill the edge that manifests inside
This world is mine; it's where my thoughts collide...