Magic the Gathering

Enjoy stuff that doesnt have a category for itself? This is the place to discuss airsoft, urban exploration, MLP marathon and whatever sh*t you are up to in your spare time!
Raiden

Re: Magic the Gathering

Postby Raiden » August 9th, 2016, 12:11 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Dragons are epic ;) Have yet to try a 60 card dragon deck, but my dragon EDH kicks serious ass. Managed to instantkill someone with commander damage more then once, because they underestimated it :D
Also, slivers are fun too. I do have a casual sliver deck, but it's not really working, mostly because I just don't have the right mana at the right time, and not that much color fixing. However I tried to tinker a sliver EDH in XMage... the only deck that is definetly NOT casual that I play. If you have the right cards, slivers have a synergy better then almost any other species. Except kithkin maybe. Those are even worse then elves *shudders*.
A man may change, but mankind always stays the same.

Krakenthekrab

Postby Krakenthekrab » August 9th, 2016, 6:29 pm

I've faced the 60 card dragon deck, not only did the dragon on the card look awesome but they do so MUCH damage luckily my spiders can counter that with reach and death touch. It's only a problem when he gets out his ultravolt hellkite (I think I got that right) where it's a. 6/6 with flying and duplicates whenever you do damage. All you gotta do is rush him early game. I havnt tried commander decks yet. I think once I get out of school my magic days are over sadly :cry: but thanks for telling me what do look out for in slivers.... LAND. I'm not surprised slivers have a lot of multi colored cards but they boost the slivers until they are unstoppable.
Whatever you do, DONT SCRATCH THE PAINT!

Dragonhunter4321
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Postby Dragonhunter4321 » August 10th, 2016, 5:23 am

Personally , i have sarkan unbroken, planeswalker who's final ability is "search your library for any number of dragon creature cards and place them onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library "... let's see I have... dragon hatching, two shivan dragons, dragon mage, thunderbreak regent, basically the entire deck is dragons, drakes, and the accasional elf or other mana wefting card.

Also, his +1 is "add one mana of any color to your mana pool, then draw a card", his -2 is "put a 4/4 red dragon creature token with flying onto the battlefield "... and he starts at 4. Final is only 8
I once asked God for a bike, but I know that's not how God works. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Raiden

Postby Raiden » August 12th, 2016, 9:18 am

Sarkan is awesome, I also play him in my dragon EDH. However it can backfire pretty badly if you have all your dragons and then comes a board wipe. Also, something I also miss, thats imperative to have normally: Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund. Giving all your dragons haste in this situation can most likely decide the game.
Also, if you really want to go full dragon: The Tarkir Dragons are pretty epic, especially the big five. Hey, all your dragons have double strike. Hey, all your dragons get +1 +0 for each attacking dragon. Hey, enemies can cast spells during your turn (Take that, wing shards)... aside of being pretty big and epic themselves.
Oh, and if you DO try to do a dragon commander Tyrant's familiar is really funny to have. Especially with Scion of the Ur-Dragon as commander. If you let scion become a copy of the familiar, he is his own commander, and the ability triggers :D

And concerning slivers: For a sliver deck, you NEED Manaweft Sliver or Gemhide Sliver. A Chromatic Lantern is also one of the most useful things you can get for colorfixing. There are a lot of good cards for that, but for a sliver deck, without those you'll never have the right mana, especially if you go 5 colored.
A man may change, but mankind always stays the same.

LokiDragon
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Postby LokiDragon » June 18th, 2017, 11:44 pm

I got this guy recently from a booster deck Honoured Hydra... So I figured I'd finally get around to building my Hydra deck, I've been thinking about it for a few years now! Ever since I got this guy in another random booster Heroes' Bane plus I wanted to make use of this guy I found on ebay Deathbringer Regent As my dragon deck is red blue (used to be R,B and black but I've remade it a few times) I wanted to use him somewhere as one of my friends has a formidable token generating deck! :shock:

So I had my colours Green and Black I bought a playset (4) of Managorger Hydra added a few green spells and creatures that let you move 1/1 counters around and stuff to find land (basically the bread and butter of any green deck!) as well as serveral black cards that return stuff and gives lifelink and death touch. Another friend of mine gave me some of her spare Hydras (As well as a ton of Eldrazi stuff) I played a game against my sister using my Hydra deck she said "Huh, it works!" which may not sound impressive but my Sis tries to be insulting about all my Deck builds, So frankly that's high praize! :?

Return to “Hobbies & Interests”