Herpy.nu will close down in January 2018 - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018, and years of smear campaigns have given us a reputation that has been hard to shake. We therefore made the choice to close the site and move on to a brighter future. While the forums will be archived as a memory of times of past greatness, new funds have been raised and new admins have been recruited to start working on a entire new community far away from Bad Dragon and any association with that company. The gallery will remain operational in the meantime. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send a PM to Valcyrie.

Herpy have always been my little lovechild since I joined over a decade ago. But he grew up, and as he has aged with dignity its time for his hatchling to take over. A fresh start for a new generation in a new era.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

Magic the Gathering

Enjoy stuff that doesnt have a category for itself? This is the place to discuss airsoft, urban exploration, MLP marathon and whatever sh*t you are up to in your spare time!
Raiden

Magic the Gathering

Post by Raiden » July 14th, 2016, 9:20 pm

So, as I'm aware, quite some people here on herpy play MtG, so why not make a thread about anything Magic related?
Post your most favourite cards and combos, the decks you are testing or want to build, or just share storys about the funny things that happen when you abuse the stack.

For starters, here you have the most rediculous deck to troll in a multiplayer game.
Sadly, with the new rules concerning token ownership, most of the Lichs Mirror part is not possible anymore... but the more fun things still are.

Also, there's this neat little thing called xmage that allows people to play over the internet. If anyone is interested in a fun casual game, we can meet up and get something going!
A man may change, but mankind always stays the same.

Dracokon
Site Admin
I am a: Author

Re: Magic the Gathering

Post by Dracokon » July 15th, 2016, 12:44 am

This has always been one of those games that I've known how to play, but just don't have the resources to spend on getting into it myself.

Closest I've come was buying the Duels of the Planeswalkers games that were on Xbox and PC a while back. Great stuff. :)
#DracokonIsBack
SoFurry -- FurryNetwork -- FurAffinity
Telegram: Dracokon

Raiden

Post by Raiden » July 15th, 2016, 1:45 pm

You might want to give Xmage a shot then. It's completely free, has almost all the cards (a few of the REALLY old are missing), and works a LOT better then magic duels on steam. Also, you can play commander, cube and a lot of other fun formats (which isn't even possible in magic duels)

Karch
I am a: Lurker

Post by Karch » July 17th, 2016, 3:34 am

I play magic too! I love building fun deck mainly.
I have a R confusion in the rank deck, a BR Draw damage deck, a BU deck that empty your graveyard to win. and other stuff.
@raiden This lich mirror trolling deck looks crazy!

Raiden

Post by Raiden » July 17th, 2016, 9:00 am

It is! Mostly just absurd, the most funny part is the ending :D

I've got a couple of fun decks too, only casual (because I really don't like serious games, over too fast, or it takes three turns until someones busts out their combo and more or less plays with himself until everyone's dead)... even though I've got two decks that could be called borderline casual, because they ARE really evil (heeey, fourth turn it that betrays, why not)
Mainly I play EDH, because commander is fun! :D My two "not so casual anymore" decks are a five colored Scion of the Ur Dragon EDH, and a R artifact EDH with Feldon of the Third path. Maybe I'll bother at some point and post the decklists, even though they are not complete yet. (definetly playable and pretty evil, but I still want to tweak. Missing Karthis for one, a duplicant and an unwinding clock etc)
Constructed wise, I only have one decent deck, a W enchantment one, and a couple of random decks that just suck XD I'm not good at deck building, suprised my EDHs work like they do... well, I tweaked them for quite some time now, so maybe thats that.

Dragonhunter4321
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Post by Dragonhunter4321 » August 1st, 2016, 9:14 am

I would post a pick, but I can't from my phone, I have over 2700 cards, and out of all of them the new elderazi are my favorite

I own both the new ulmog and kolezek (?)
With the "exile the top 20 cards of your opponent's library" you tend you feel a little god-like... especially when your card is also 10/10 indestructible. Only problem with elderazi is the high mana cost... average cost in my deck of 100 cards is 5... usually colorless. Highest is 12, for "it that betrays" a 11/11 annialator 2 and "when your opponent sacrifices a nontoken permanent , gain control of that permanent ".
I once asked God for a bike, but I know that's not how God works. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Raiden

Post by Raiden » August 1st, 2016, 4:41 pm

The Eldrazi from Eldritch Moon are even cooler imo. I mean, corrupted eldrazi werwolves... or... things? Thats pretty awesome. Also amazing cards, it that rides as one is a potential third turn 4/4 first strike, trample, lifelink.
High mana with eldrazi isn't really a bother. Green has more then enough mana generators. Buddy of mine has a Titania Commander. With the right cards he manages to generate 16 mana with 4 lands. It's just rediculous. In modern or other 60 card formats, 12 mana is mostly only (reasonably) achievable with tron, but in commander you have more then enough possibility.
And while "exile the top 20 cards" is pretty bad... there are worse thing. ALOT worse. Like Emrakul, The Aeons Torn. If you manage to cast him, it's almost always game.
And I won't get started about the lot of overpowered planeswalker.
Especially the last two with doubling season, you can use their last ability immediatly. And Jaces' last ability could also say: "You win the game", for all that it matters.

Dragonhunter4321

Post by Dragonhunter4321 » August 1st, 2016, 5:02 pm

Well, that would definitely found out my elderazi deck... I have ulamog, the Ceaseless hunger, a 10/10 with indistructible and "when you cast ulamog... exile two target permanents,...
Whenever ulamog attacks, defending player exiles the top twenty cards of his or her library"
Tie that up with cards like forerunner to slaughter and he's haste... then if he dies (like if that ever happens ) just cast artisan of kozilek and being him back to the field.

Mana is only a problem early on, most of the cheaper elderazi spawn elderazi scion, or spawns, both of which have "sacrifice this creature : add 1 to your mana pool" most of those get spawned in swarms or as a little wide effect. All you need then is a few blockers and you basically take care of everything. .. also add some cards that let you do stuff with colorless or devoid cards..put in one or two actual colered cards to round it out... and elderazi are mean... a few elderazi temple are good too because they give 2 colorless mana.
I once asked God for a bike, but I know that's not how God works. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Raiden

Post by Raiden » August 2nd, 2016, 3:44 pm

Actually ulamog can be get rid of quite easily. He is "just" indestructible. You could counter him, or just put an oblivion ring ontop of him. Or heck you could turn him into a forest.
However, eldrazi definetly are evil, playing a few myself, most namely it that betrays. If you get him on the field in turn 4, with haste...
And for the mana, best thing you can go for is sol ring and the like. Since you don't need colorfixing, there are enough cards that just pump mana like crazy.

Dragonhunter4321

Post by Dragonhunter4321 » August 3rd, 2016, 4:05 am

I have that card, and yeah he is pretty easy to get rid of. But he's just the top of the iceberg. If you use alot of haste, trample, and first strike you can get the ingest working with you, and start exileing your enemies cards.

Krakenthekrab

Post by Krakenthekrab » August 9th, 2016, 3:49 am

You know, I just slapped together an epic deck full of insects and spiders XD death touch spiders and slight buffs for the insects and then I get crazy power spiders and bugs late game. Like a 7/7 insect with trample that duplicates every time I do dmg to a player. I'm trying to make a slivers deck. I find them really interesting. I'm making my own deck, about to buy it and test it once school comes back around ._. BUT I do face a guy with an OP dragon deck. Maybe because the only rules we do is casual. Pretty much no more then 4 cards and you can't buy a pre made one.
Whatever you do, DONT SCRATCH THE PAINT!

Raiden

Post by Raiden » August 9th, 2016, 12:11 pm

Dragons are epic ;) Have yet to try a 60 card dragon deck, but my dragon EDH kicks serious ass. Managed to instantkill someone with commander damage more then once, because they underestimated it :D
Also, slivers are fun too. I do have a casual sliver deck, but it's not really working, mostly because I just don't have the right mana at the right time, and not that much color fixing. However I tried to tinker a sliver EDH in XMage... the only deck that is definetly NOT casual that I play. If you have the right cards, slivers have a synergy better then almost any other species. Except kithkin maybe. Those are even worse then elves *shudders*.