Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

Inheritance Cycle

Enjoy stuff that doesnt have a category for itself? This is the place to discuss airsoft, urban exploration, MLP marathon and whatever sh*t you are up to in your spare time!
Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Inheritance Cycle

Post by Aracth'nil » July 28th, 2016, 1:44 pm

So in the author's notes in 'Inheritance', Paolini said that he would be coming back to that world of dragons, so what is everybody's hopes for a new sequel? Will it be as good? What will it have? When will it come out?

Just a sidenote, his new Si-fi book (not sure if its released) was finished last year as a draft. And I must say if you haven't read the Inheritance Cycle, then read it. One of the best series in my opinion.
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Raiden

Re: Inheritance Cycle

Post by Raiden » July 28th, 2016, 9:12 pm

The first book was really great book. The second was a good book. The third one was a... book. The forth one I only read to have the complete story.

I don't know if I'm the only one feeling this way, but every book of the inheritance cycle was worse then the last. While I really loved the first one and read it a couple of times, the others just... weren't as good. Also, while it was a good story and had really enjoyable moments, I found it too... predictable. After the first book you knew exactly how the last one would end, heck I even called that "twist" with the last egg. Ironically, the chapters that left the most impression on me are the ones not from Eragons perspective, but Rorans and that other woman whos name I can't remember.

As for his new series, I actually didn't knew there would come another one. Somehow I'm hoping for a continuation of the universe, but then again, something new would be refreshing, if he can do it right. I'll just let myself be suprised by whatever comes.
A man may change, but mankind always stays the same.