Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

Collections

Enjoy stuff that doesnt have a category for itself? This is the place to discuss airsoft, urban exploration, MLP marathon and whatever sh*t you are up to in your spare time!
Koatliqua
I am a: Author
Commissions: Open

Re: Collections

Post by Koatliqua » October 5th, 2016, 1:10 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

I collect model cars. 1:64 scale like Hot Wheels, Tomica, Matchbox, Majorette, Corgi Juniors, Guisval, Racing Champions. The bright colours make me very happy.
Like dew or a flash of lightning;
Thus we shall perceive them.

Check out my blog! ~ https://jasminesgarage.wordpress.com/

Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Post by Aracth'nil » October 5th, 2016, 1:15 pm

I see that there are some interesting ones out there - dragon hoarding to the max.
Nothing new from me - used to collect pokemon cards.
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Rasalom

Post by Rasalom » October 5th, 2016, 1:45 pm

I'm really into black powder - charge distributive guns. I mean mostly revolver replicas of those manufactured before 1885, like Remington model New Army 1858 .44 (which I own), Colt 1873 Single Action Army .45 (which I will own, soon), or Rogers&Spencer Match .44 (which I plan to own in somewhat distant future... They' ain't cheap, y'know).
Don't kill the edge and become like the rest.
Don't lose the faith that made you who you are
Don't kill the edge that manifests inside
This world is mine; it's where my thoughts collide...

Koatliqua
Commissions: Open

Post by Koatliqua » October 5th, 2016, 1:48 pm

Lots of people love collecting guns and knives. Scary.
Like dew or a flash of lightning;
Thus we shall perceive them.

Check out my blog! ~ https://jasminesgarage.wordpress.com/

Matoegos

Post by Matoegos » October 5th, 2016, 1:53 pm

Because I am a major computer geek, my collection is rather strange to some. I collect old computers. I'm not talking ones from a couple of years ago that just got replaced, I mean properly old PCs. I have Pentium 4s, Intel Centrinos and first gen Core 2 Duo PCs everywhere. I also collect broken computer components. I have a GA-H55M-S2H motherboard that got fried a little while back which I still have and actually display it, along with the CPU that died with it. But that's just hardware. I collect software too.

I love Apple's Mac OS X. I'm not a fanboy, since I hate what they're doing with the latest few (from 10.10 onwards I don't like). I have in my collection of OS X the following versions: 10.0 (digital), 10.1 (digital), 10.2 (digital), 10.3 (CDs in retail box), 10.4 (digital), 10.5 (DVD in rare holographic box), 10.6 (DVD in retail box), 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11. (Note that 10.7-10.11 only come as digital downloads).

Best regards,

- Matt
Interested in Computer Science, Rugby, Pink Floyd, Archeology, Palaeontology, Physics, Geography and Dragons ;)

Rasalom

Post by Rasalom » October 5th, 2016, 3:53 pm

Koatliqua wrote:Lots of people love collecting guns and knives. Scary.
Not really.
You see although you can use them for killing (they were used for that back then, like duh) you keep them for your passion.
From my experience, I can tell you - black powder guns are really messy. They require extra special treatment... Attention; cleaning, conserving, and so on. Heck, I was able to shoot... Six cylinders on the shooting range, when "Remmy" started to jam. So I knew it's over for the day (... for the month actually), and I have to get back home, dismantle it to the bare bones, and clean all the nagar, and so on...

If you just want to shoot guns, then go to any commertial shooting range, pay the half of what you normally would spend on the black powder gun there for instructor and you have a modern gun at your disposal to shoot with. Simple, easy and cheaper... (you have to be of age, though)
Bottom line is: If you don't love this stuff, and just want to check it out - you'll start to hate it soon enough...
I'd be more... Concerned by person who just want to shoot guns. I mean: why? What are his/hers motivation.
Someone who admires the craftsmanship of a weapon, and shooting from it is just an extension of that interest is less buging.
At least for me it is.
Don't kill the edge and become like the rest.
Don't lose the faith that made you who you are
Don't kill the edge that manifests inside
This world is mine; it's where my thoughts collide...

Switchstart

Post by Switchstart » October 15th, 2016, 2:35 pm

I mainly collect old incandescent light bulbs and flourescent tubes due to that subject being one of my main hobbies, also some vintage fittings too including a couple of street lamps.

I also collect vintage electronics including valve/tube radios, electric utility meters, vintage parts and electrical fittings (for projects), dragon statues and other random things that catch my interest.