Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

Dragon collections

Enjoy stuff that doesnt have a category for itself? This is the place to discuss airsoft, urban exploration, MLP marathon and whatever sh*t you are up to in your spare time!
Daedalus
Site Admin

Dragon collections

Post by Daedalus » July 9th, 2016, 9:02 pm

So if there is one thing I know about dragons, they like to hoard things. And what better things to hoard than more dragons? I've seen lots of people showing their collections of assorted dragon items. I figured it would be nice to have a place to "show off" your collection, and see what sort of dragon items others have acquired. I guess I'll start though, with my modest collection.
► Show Spoiler
I have collected a few interesting dragon items over the years, all of them gathered into one shitty phone picture!
Two dragon statues.
One dragon head that opens to hide my treasures (sort of hidden in the back right)
A set of dragon bookends, one of them covered by a bookmark.
One dragon bookmark I acquired at Anthrocon this year, drawn and autographed my Rukis!
A dragon knife that works pretty much only as a letter opener.
Two bronze dragon necklaces. One that I got from the Herpy giveaway last Christmas and have worn every day, and one that I got at Anthrocon this year.
A few mini dragons scattered around and very hard to see with this shitty phone camera.
A dragon incense burner, also acquired at Anthrocon.
And finally, a dragon surfboard that I got in Florida and is only used as a wall decoration. Here is a better picture showing the full thing:
► Show Spoiler
Also a bonus item: A Scotch Whiskey bottle in the shape of a knight!

That's pretty much everything, aside from a large number of dragon books and such. Feel free to post your own collections as well, it will be interesting to see what others have hoarded over the years!

DragonCurse4

Re: Dragon collections

Post by DragonCurse4 » July 9th, 2016, 11:32 pm

Heh, I was an avid statue/weapon replica collector, but had to stop awhile ago due to low funds. Anyway I already took a pic of all my stuff awhile ago, and it's currently up on my Facebook, so I'll just link each picture from there. :P
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Now onto the ones that didn't break beyond repair. XD
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
And two more statues that AREN'T on my Facebook page, so I did just have to take a pic of them now. :P
► Show Spoiler
And this one is my very favorite one. It's paint job I had custom made, and apparently it's design is supposed to be off of the ones from Game of Thrones...
► Show Spoiler
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Valcyrie
Site Admin
I am a: Author
Commissions: Temporarily closed

Post by Valcyrie » August 14th, 2016, 7:04 pm

When it comes to dragon figurines and stuff I have sooo many xD There is not one room in my house that doesnt have at least 1 dragon in it, probably more :p Statues, plushies, lamps, ornaments, posters, tapestry...
Avatar by Semura. Signature by me and Ember.

Daedalus
Site Admin

Post by Daedalus » August 15th, 2016, 10:15 am

Valcyrie wrote:When it comes to dragon figurines and stuff I have sooo many xD There is not one room in my house that doesnt have at least 1 dragon in it, probably more :p Statues, plushies, lamps, ornaments, posters, tapestry...
Come on then! Let's see your dragons! Show more pride than a thousand gays in a parade! :P

Dragonhunter4321
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Post by Dragonhunter4321 » August 16th, 2016, 2:50 am

Just today, the site, dragon rising opened up registration, allowing more people to join in. The site is a dragon breeding/colecting game.

You colect, breed, sell, trade, and even send your dragon's into battle.

Here is a link to the site :D

http://www1.flightrising.com/wiki/wiki-home

I just joined with an account with the same name. (Dragonhunter4321)

That's the only collection I have... a bunch of dragons online :P
I once asked God for a bike, but I know that's not how God works. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

DrachenFyr

Post by DrachenFyr » December 16th, 2016, 11:08 pm

I've got quite a few in my collection. First off, the big display:
► Show Spoiler
If it looks like most are really small, they aren't - it's the top shelf ones that are massive. The biggest is around 50cm tall.

A close up of the baby dragon shelf. Aren't they adorable?
► Show Spoiler
Then I have this little guy next too my computer to keep me company when doing assignments:
► Show Spoiler
There's this fatty that does nothing but lie on my Xbox, if I try to move him he growls and gives my finger a nip:
► Show Spoiler
Also there's a few on top of my drawers, including a cute hatching and a vertical incense holder:
► Show Spoiler
And last but not least, this imtimdating fellow that lurks on my windowsill:
► Show Spoiler
I love each and every one of them, they are priceless to me. They brighten every day.
Aim high in life, but watch out for flying boxes.