Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

[NSFW] Dragon Olympics

Everything about the mythical and charming beasts!
Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

[NSFW] Dragon Olympics

Post by Aracth'nil » July 29th, 2016, 2:20 pm

So seeing as we are coming up to the Rio Olympics, if you had to organise one for dragons, what events or sports would you put in or create? Feel free to be as silly or creative or dirty as you like!
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Xasin

Re: [NSFW] Dragon Olympics

Post by Xasin » July 29th, 2016, 6:02 pm

Uuuhh, this is actually an interesting question!

Obviously, some sports could stay the same ... Running, sprinting, maybe swimming would be very similar ...
Bu then you have the sports that dragons wouldn't do, or would have to do in a very different fashion. Jumping maybe, since ... Why jump when you can fly?

But the flying then again creates new options. You could have different sports, maybe where the goal is to get to a specific height and then land again?
Maybe there'll be one to catch objects out of the sky, much like some shooting sports we have right now.
Acrobatics flying or racing would be a BIG event, but also require a bigger arena ...

Uh, and maybe there wouldn't /just/ be the normal weight lifting, where someone tries to, well, lift up a weight, but also competitions for how much weight a dragon can fly up?

And I am pretty sure that I haven't even scratched the surface yet I bet!
Not just dreaming is what I strive to do, but just as much to be the one to make them reality

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Mazrogal

Post by Mazrogal » July 29th, 2016, 6:19 pm

Hmm one sport that comes into mind for me is which dragon who could melt a 500 pound stone the fastest?

or maybe dragon wrestling i guess? but yeah would need a big arena for that also

also another competition i guess is a dragon gets 1 hour to fly around in the country and then find hoard and come back to arena and which ever ones has the biggest or most valued hoard of items wins that competition.
''Life is a struggle sometimes just push through and fight never give up''

My steamprofile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mazrogal Feel free to send a friend request^^

Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Post by Aracth'nil » July 30th, 2016, 2:20 pm

Personally I was thinking like flying sprints or something? Maybe a marathon (or ten)
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Zaktan

Post by Zaktan » July 30th, 2016, 9:03 pm

It's quite likely that dragons would also engage in team sports. Perhaps one quite dragon themed game could involve two teams competing to gain a larger "hoard."

Two teams on opposite ends of the playing field, are given the objective of collecting trinkets or balls or some such from the ground, and depositing them within their hoard for points. Perhaps some fortified spots, towers or some such, would serve as more difficult repositories for large numbers of points. However, both teams would have the option of stealing from each other's hoards. The game could finish after a time limit, or when all items are in a hoard, going into overtime so long as an item is being held.

There'd probably also be games quite like quidditch, except the bludgers would likely be dragons themselves, maybe the snitch too.