Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

[Movie] Pete's Dragon 2016

Everything about the mythical and charming beasts!
Nabalazs

Re: [Movie] Pete's Dragon 2016

Post by Nabalazs » August 17th, 2016, 9:13 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Am I the only one whi sees Sullivan from monsters INC in the dragon's face? I mean, look at it. Big jaw, dull fangs... You guys complain that furred dragon is not that good dragon. And I agree. But for me thats secondary. The face of the dragon bothers me. Compare it to anything from HTTYD, and you find NO resemblence! If I didnt know better, I WOULD have believed that this is Clifford the big green flying dog.
Can I have a fish please?

Ishiah

Post by Ishiah » September 8th, 2016, 6:09 am

I liked this movie.

I didn't like Elliot's face very much, but he was at least expressive and had cute ears. I also didn't mind that he was covered in fur cause he looked like he was built for cuddling. I thought the dragon was especially cute whenever he was sleeping or laying down. I'll definitely be picking this up when I can buy it cause I wanna sketch some of the poses. I also wanna support the production of more dragon movies.

The store was clearly rudimentary and it was riddled with plot holes, but I was pleased with the way it ended.

I sketched elliot a bit yesterday after seeing the movie, so here's a quick sketch:
IMAG0702_1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tarukaja
I am a: Lurker

Post by Tarukaja » October 13th, 2016, 10:54 pm

Found this small article/video about the design process of Elliot, which also includes some unused prototype designs; it seems they always intended it to have fur, but some of them look pretty weird!
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/designing- ... 21685.html

I also agree with the statement that "Maleficient is the definitive Disney dragon", growing up I really wished to see more dragons like her in shows and movies.

[Should this thread be moved to the "Fictional Reptiles" section? ^^;]