Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

Discovering the Dragon (NSFW maybe?)

Everything about the mythical and charming beasts!
Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Discovering the Dragon (NSFW maybe?)

Post by Aracth'nil » August 3rd, 2016, 12:43 pm

How did everyone discover their connection with dragons? A story would be nice, or maybe you are like me and found Herpy and after browsing decided.
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Rasalom
I am a: Author

Re: Discovering the Dragon (NSFW maybe?)

Post by Rasalom » August 4th, 2016, 5:09 pm

This will be rather short.
I was playing FFVII, and at some point I saw a Bahamut.
Suddenly my heart started thumping...
Don't kill the edge and become like the rest.
Don't lose the faith that made you who you are
Don't kill the edge that manifests inside
This world is mine; it's where my thoughts collide...

Dragonhunter4321
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Post by Dragonhunter4321 » August 5th, 2016, 5:45 am

I read eragon... shortly after that horrible excuse for a movie came out.

As time passed I began to draw dragons, and found I was quite skilled... in my own mind. I practiced and practied until I got to where I am today.
As for when I started getting kinky with them... to be honest I was 16 when I found herpy, didn't join until last year when I was 18... herpy was sort of my intro to the furry world.
I once asked God for a bike, but I know that's not how God works. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » August 5th, 2016, 11:44 am

Cool! Personally, Eragon was also my first thing with dragons, and I agree Bahamuts look cool (looking at it now).
I'm not much of an artist myself, but I looked at herpy and then the magic happened. So yeah.
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Rasalom

Post by Rasalom » August 5th, 2016, 2:29 pm

Yeah.
Later there were a lot of games, concerning dragon topic.
Few of my all-time favourites are the Spellforce 2 series (not those latter, made by Nordic Games, but those from JoWood)
I mean the moment when the player brings the dark elf Nightsong to Shaikan keep, and it goes like:
"Well if the news're that important, you should take it to the Patriarch"
"The Patriarch?"
"Our lord Ur. He'll know what to do"
And then you are climbing to the top of the mountain, to meet the patriarch, and find a dragon.
I was all like "Oh, god. YES!" back then.
I mean, the way they've portraited dragons in that game, and it's add-on - Dragonstorm definately hit my mark.
Dragonstorm ending

Man, I would just kiss that black muzzle of his. Even, though that's technically a male, and I'm straight... :roll:
Don't kill the edge and become like the rest.
Don't lose the faith that made you who you are
Don't kill the edge that manifests inside
This world is mine; it's where my thoughts collide...

Dragonhunter4321
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Post by Dragonhunter4321 » August 8th, 2016, 9:20 pm

Just gotta love them there dragons! Personally, it was Kindle from frisky ferals that got me into herpy. I saw a pin-up of him, his tools hanging out, thought the art was interesting so I looked more up, and herpy just happened to be there...
I once asked God for a bike, but I know that's not how God works. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Krakenthekrab

Post by Krakenthekrab » August 11th, 2016, 5:57 am

For me, i had always been interested in the mythological beasts but i gues what really got me into dragons was skyrim. i drew a few dragons but it wasnt until recently that i had joined the furrys and into the "scaley" side of things. dragons are just REALLY cool.
Whatever you do, DONT SCRATCH THE PAINT!

Valcyrie
Site Admin
Commissions: Temporarily closed

Post by Valcyrie » August 14th, 2016, 5:50 pm

I've loved and adored dragons for as long as I can remember. I remember seeing "Pete's Dragon" when I was very little, like 1 or 2 or something. Was hooked ever since.
Avatar by Semura. Signature by me and Ember.

Draco Solis
I am a: Musician

Post by Draco Solis » October 7th, 2016, 9:53 pm

My introduction to dragons happened to be when I first played Spyro: Year of the Dragon as a little kid (which also happened to be my first ever video game). I loved Spyro since then and grew to love dragons as a whole.

Years later, though, I kinda fell out of touch with my love for dragons until some time in middle school where it suddenly sparked again. I don't recall exactly how, but I'm pretty sure I had one or two dreams of them. Nonetheless, my love for dragons soon re-ignited and I managed to pick up the Age of Fire books, which is what really turned the spark back into a full flame, and I've kept that love since then.

As for the NSFW stuff, I can't really say. While Herpy was definitely a major contributor, I believe I actually felt some sort of attraction to them beforehand. My memory's kinda fuzzy, though, so I can't really give any details.
o.o
I does a stare~

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » October 9th, 2016, 12:46 am

I think that it all started with the second Spyro game (or maybe since the Legend triology?). The love arrived to stay, and since last year that the feeling increased, not that is a bad thing.
The dragon that inhabited my soul left and now it watches over me.

Switchstart

Post by Switchstart » October 14th, 2016, 7:53 pm

I cannot remember exactly but I believe my interest with dragons started as a minor obsession with argonians that began in my later high school years but it was when I bought Skyrim that it really took off.
My oldest brother may also have been an influence as he collected a lot of ornaments and stuff of that nature back in the day.

As for the naughty side of them, that didn't start until I found the Herpy gallery a little later.