Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

What would you do?

Everything about the mythical and charming beasts!
64Dragonheart64

What would you do?

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » October 9th, 2016, 6:32 pm

Let's say that when you are having breakfast or, lunch, dinner or messing around your pc, you come across the notice that cientists could bring dragons to life. What would you do? How would you react?
I would go and see if there is a spare one to have with me.
The dragon that inhabited my soul left and now it watches over me.

Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Re: What would you do?

Post by Aracth'nil » October 10th, 2016, 12:10 pm

I would volunteer to be a labrat in human dragon commuication. Then I would book a flight to the lab whereever it is and be happy all the way.

And by the way, probably not too far off either. Genetic modification means given enough time, accuracy with tools such as CRISPR-Cas9 can let us do it pretty easily given funding and ethics being solved. Just a matter of huge wingspan and somehow finding out what every base pair in the original animal is responsible for.
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

LokiDragon
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Post by LokiDragon » October 11th, 2016, 8:20 pm

Probably start building an underground bunker out of heat resistant materials. Preparing for the inevitable wars and panic caused by stupid people overreacting to the news and the crazy fantasist who think they're born dragon slayers. Probably wouldn't take the Dragons long to overthrow us as the top species but I suppose it depends how sentient they are and what their brains are based on... If it's human then we're extinct as a species. Think reign of fire but with Dragons that can strategize and be humanly cruel for their own amusement.

Koatliqua
I am a: Author

Post by Koatliqua » October 12th, 2016, 12:58 am

I'd open up MS Word and do the work I had scheduled for the day?
Like dew or a flash of lightning;
Thus we shall perceive them.

Check out my blog! ~ https://jasminesgarage.wordpress.com/

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » October 12th, 2016, 1:03 pm

Loki - that is probably about right. There was a question on the old forums on this, and I know I'm straying a bit off topic, but would you side with the dragons or humans? I would go with dragons probably, or hide out until a peace agreement can be made between me and them.
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » October 12th, 2016, 4:53 pm

Aracth'nil wrote:Loki - that is probably about right. There was a question on the old forums on this, and I know I'm straying a bit off topic, but would you side with the dragons or humans? I would go with dragons probably, or hide out until a peace agreement can be made between me and them.
We are thinking the same thing.
The dragon that inhabited my soul left and now it watches over me.

LokiDragon
I am a: Artist

Post by LokiDragon » October 12th, 2016, 11:26 pm

I don't know like I said they'd be dragons made by humans... I mean putting aside the fact that dragons are everybody's idea majestic pure souled creatures of fantasy and think in the real world they're pure destruction incarnate! And let's face it to be able produce a creature as complex and large as a dragon, they have to have some serious sponsors... Most likely people who would want to wreck lives and ecosystems (Think how much food in take a single dragon would need if it wasn't being fed by it's creators, even if it's intelligent enough to not eat it's prey into extinction, it'd still be a lot!) or people who just want to weaponise them. Human beings are terrified of things they can't predict or control... You really think that a 'Dragon' made by humans could be reasoned with? I'm just going to keep adding reinforcements to my bomb shelter ceiling and not pick a side!

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » October 13th, 2016, 12:43 pm

I was more thinking that dragons was meaning a perrfect replica including neurogically of a classic western dragon.