Herpy.nu forums are still not fully operational. To stay updated, follow me at https://twitter.com/ValkyrianArts

Crazy or random snake encounter?

"You're a lizard, Harry!" (and other fabulous scaly creatures)
Krakenthekrab

Crazy or random snake encounter?

Post by Krakenthekrab » August 16th, 2016, 8:02 am

There's gotta be some snake encounter stories weather it be fun or not it can be your first, most dangerous, or crazy encounter with our slithery friend.Well I was on a white water float trip along a river in the U.S state of Oregon and it was late dusk, the sky was a faint purple and the frogs and crickets were out. We (the float group) stopped for the night to sleep I was walking to the bathroom. And I saw this "stick" as I approached closer it coiled up. I didn't really think too much of it because I thought it was just my eyes e playing tricks on me but THEN it rattled I jumped back a few feet and gasped. He was a long bugger. The two river guides then began to hunt and take it away, they never did though. That was a more scary one for me XD my first rattlesnake ever. I still love them though.
Whatever you do, DONT SCRATCH THE PAINT!

Rex

Re: Crazy or random snake encounter?

Post by Rex » August 19th, 2016, 5:36 pm

For me that has to be one of my own pet snakes. When I was 5 or so, I had a gentle eastern fox snake. During a play session I offered to let him crawl into my sock, and he managed to fit his entire 4 foot body inside while I was wearing it. He decided it was a nice warm place to take a poo.

Nabalazs

Post by Nabalazs » August 19th, 2016, 6:16 pm

It wasnt crazy, it wasnt adventurous, but its my only snake encounter ever.
I was also small. Less than seven probably. I were riding my bike around my grandma's house. Then a saw some other people and we stopped to chat. Suddenly the person I was talking to froze. I looked back, and there was a snakesliding out of a bush, up by bike seat, in a person's front garden. I found it fasinating. Being so small, I never seen one up close. I just shrugged it off. But thinking back that was a fat fella. Thankfully it didnt give a dam.
Can I have a fish please?

Rendrassa
I am a: Artist

Post by Rendrassa » August 25th, 2016, 11:09 pm

Going to my grandmother's with my dad when I was about 11. There are a lot of trees on her property (think spread out houses and trailers dotting a forested area) and as we got out of the car and started toward her trailer, my dad noticed a small garter snake. He show me and picked up a stick to push it back and forth so he could get a better look and keep it from leaving.

Snek was NOT amused and after a few of these, turned to my dad's direction and went into a full out slither at him and scared him into jumping back. Not satisfied, snek continued after him until another jump back by my father and we were both kinda racing toward the trailer. Wish I could give that snake a pet for scaring my dad. :3
Clicky? Image

Werecrocodile

Post by Werecrocodile » November 11th, 2016, 3:32 am

On a vacation to Europe I stayed I a very small cottage, I was not the only one there , I found 53 slow worms (kind of legless lizard/snake ) in my bed when I went to lay down .
on a toooooatlay unrelated I am terrified of those things and I woke up my friend by running around the house and screaming at the top of my lungs .
Wenn dein deutsch wie ich dich das liest kannst du Verwenden Sie kein Google Translate. Verlierer
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Post by Aracth'nil » November 14th, 2016, 12:17 pm

I live in Australia, land of dangerous snakes.
I and a few people from my school a while back were on a hiking camp, one of those where you carry everything for the next week or so. Suddenly, a snake (forget the kind, just that it was one of the highly poisonous kind) darts across the track about 5m ahead of us, back into the bush on the other side of the fire trail we were on. We turned back and had lunch at a recently passed clearing after that to let the snake move away.
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Werecrocodile

Post by Werecrocodile » June 6th, 2017, 8:14 am

-getting ready to leave my house on a rainy day.
-i notice a loud rattling noise when i step outside .
-very spoopy noise scares me and i jump back inside.
-look at snake through window its a harmless black racer.
(these guys shake their tails around leaves to make predators and hoomans do a frighten)(they're non-venomous)
-pick up snake and release about an acre away.
-snake is back day after so i keep it in a temporary enclosure until rain passes.
-haven't seen it since.

this took place almost 3 years ago.
Wenn dein deutsch wie ich dich das liest kannst du Verwenden Sie kein Google Translate. Verlierer
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.