Herpy.nu will close down in January 2018 - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018, and years of smear campaigns have given us a reputation that has been hard to shake. We therefore made the choice to close the site and move on to a brighter future. While the forums will be archived as a memory of times of past greatness, new funds have been raised and new admins have been recruited to start working on a entire new community far away from Bad Dragon and any association with that company. The gallery will remain operational in the meantime. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send a PM to Valcyrie.

Herpy have always been my little lovechild since I joined over a decade ago. But he grew up, and as he has aged with dignity its time for his hatchling to take over. A fresh start for a new generation in a new era.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

Kobolds!(possible NSFW)

Classic mythology from the early eras of humankind.
Dragonhunter4321
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Kobolds!(possible NSFW)

Post by Dragonhunter4321 » August 8th, 2016, 12:18 am

Who can deny the appeal of these little buggers?
I want to start this thread because I want to see who else has this love for our dragon desended kin.
And for those who don't know what kobolds are to learn the appeal.
And why not share some kobold related stories, whether in RP, books, or games.

Okay, what is a kobold?...

Well, kobold are short, doglike reptiles. They claim to be desended from dragons, and often associate with dragons. They are expert miners, trap makers, and sorcerers. Many larger races treat them as weaklings, but kobolds love to show them how tough they realy are.

Thinking about it, this may actually belong in the dragons area...
I once asked God for a bike, but I know that's not how God works. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Zan'theros
I am a: Author

Re: Kobolds!(possible NSFW)

Post by Zan'theros » August 8th, 2016, 6:08 pm

No, I think it's a better idea to give kobolds their own thread in this sub-forum. They may resemble dragons and claim themselves to be dragonkin, but they are unique creatures.

I know they are far more widespread than just what Blizzard makes them out to be, but the only kobolds I'm actually familiar with are in World of Warcraft. For some reason, they decided to make them into 3-foot mole people. Interestingly, the Legend of Spyro trilogy used this as inspiration for a race of mole people called Manweersmals.

If you ask me, the kinds of kobolds that you see here and here (both NSFW) are what should be the universal standard. They manage to look both cute and sexy at the same time, and are just very well designed. I think it a sin to blatantly call anything else a kobold.
Within thyself is the potential for many great and miraculous things.
You just need to take the time to discover how to perform them.

Dragonhunter4321

Post by Dragonhunter4321 » August 8th, 2016, 9:15 pm

Well, I personally like this here... comic? Kobold Adventures, NSFW.
https://luscious.net/c/furry_comics/alb ... 5074/view/

Kobold are great, their cute little... tails and just their face :D
I once asked God for a bike, but I know that's not how God works. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Saphira

Post by Saphira » August 24th, 2016, 11:29 pm

I love kobolds because some tend to worship dragons, and that can lead to certain situations where a dragon will hire, or take a few kobolds under their wings.

Dragonhunter4321

Post by Dragonhunter4321 » August 25th, 2016, 1:30 am

Oh, saphira? When I was in the old herpy, you where the first person to friend me... I belive...

Krakenthekrab

Post by Krakenthekrab » September 1st, 2016, 8:49 am

Being relatively new to this whole dragon thing, I found this interesting! I bet they are cute, look up a few photos and they were!
Whatever you do, DONT SCRATCH THE PAINT!

CrankyMoose

Post by CrankyMoose » September 22nd, 2016, 2:48 pm

How is discussing the kobold NSFW? This seems like the safest thread on the site.
A dream, an illusion, a bubble and a shadow

Koatliqua
I am a: Author

Post by Koatliqua » September 22nd, 2016, 5:46 pm

I like Kobold Cola. Yum.
Like dew or a flash of lightning;
Thus we shall perceive them.

Check out my blog! ~ https://jasminesgarage.wordpress.com/