Herpy.nu forums are still not fully operational. To stay updated, follow me at https://twitter.com/ValkyrianArts

The alternative reality

Dwelve into the dark and shrouded parts of role-play with a pink twist? This is the place for you.
64Dragonheart64

Re: The alternative reality

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » September 9th, 2017, 1:40 am

Latest post of the previous page:

The bathroom sign Valadir saw in question was a little far away, on the other end of what seemed a large room of data compilation and in a hallway.
However, it was easily visible due to the walls of said hallway being white, and the sign blue.
After sorting a small crowd and making to the bathroom, he picked a random stall and discharged there, and took part on a small conversation on the way back.
"Man, i love your bathrooms. Far more comfy than the humans'...
So, where are we headed?"
The dragon that inhabited my soul left and now it watches over me.

Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Post by Aracth'nil » September 13th, 2017, 1:35 pm

(Sorry I've been taking so long to reply on threads. School's ramped up in the amount of work leading up to the end of term tomorrow, so expect me on a bit more...that is, after my camp which ends on Thursday next week.)
"Yeah, where are we headed?" he asked inquisitively. "Let me try to guess. Experimental avionics lab? A space program for dragons? Genetic sequencing? Explosions?"
He followed while looking around, trying to glimpse any hints around him.
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Xasin

Post by Xasin » September 16th, 2017, 3:23 pm

Xasin blushed a bit and murmured as Valadir came back from his ... exploration.
"You ... Have been using the human's ... "
He stopped before he could finish that thought, and shivered a little.

While the other two were discussing behind him he began to lead the way, out of the wind tunnel's control buildings, and, once more, through the complex.

"All good guesses and I am especially fond of that explosions thing!"
He chuckled, smiling back at Aracth'nil.

"But I thought that you might be interested in our physical testing area ...
Not quite explosions, but I hope it's exciting enough."

As they had not yet arrived their destination, Xasin kept explaining what it was.
"Whenever we find a new dragon species, we do want to get good amounts of information about them. Their anatomy, genetics, that sort of stuff ...
And one of those bits of data is physical strength, endurance, flight speed, and some other things that require a bit of ... effort to measure.

I thought it might be of your taste~"
Not just dreaming is what I strive to do, but just as much to be the one to make them reality

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » September 16th, 2017, 9:29 pm

Valadir's face seemed to be filled with a brief misbelief after being told about the bathroom deal.
"...still better than the ones i've been" That argument could be justified enough, taking into account that not many places would let a dragon inside and that the bathroom of his home was little more than a toilet, a sink and a roll of paper in an old and uncared building.
He couldn't help but smile and murmur an "Oh yes..." at the explosions thing. Watching stuff blow in several tiny bits was always fun.
"If that "difficult to measure" thing is somewhat related to sperm collection, i'm not going. At all." That thought in particular was possibly fed by the paranoia and overall way that his mind had adjusted to all of those years of partial loneliness and running.
"And speaking of investigating and such, a question i had since a while. Have they investigated you or something? I mean, what's the deal with that you do with your fur?"

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » September 23rd, 2017, 2:19 pm

"Do you want to do a quick run through with me, just to get some data?" Aracth'nil inquired. "I mean, I am a new species of sorts, right? Also, partially I want to have a go so..."
He walked up to one of the pieces of machinery.
"I imagine there are dragons here that work to set records on these things..."
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Xasin

Post by Xasin » September 26th, 2017, 9:23 pm

Xasin's eyebrow raised as he heard Valadir's first assumption.
"Ah... I ... Don't exactly know why you came to that conclusion, Valadir, but ... ", he paused, shivering at the thought,
"Quite happily I can say that sperm count is not on our list of routinely measured factors ... Uhg."

He then grinned slightly and stretched out his wings, letting his luminescent fur flicker slightly.
"Do you mean this?
Of course, that's been studied well!"
With a rather happy chuckle, he continued,
"It's an adaptation of my species to the environment we often are in. Caves, more precisely.
I mean ... W-We are not cave-dwellers. But our homes naturally would reside in them.

Because of that, my species developed bioluminescence as well as specifically tuned eyes that react sensitively to the individual light frequency, allowing us to see quite well in the dark!"

With a blush, he quickly added: "A-And it also aids in finding mates, so ... There's that ..."

He coughed a bit, and mumbled some more, before focusing back onto Aracth'nil.

"Ah, right! You aren't that strange, but I guess some details of you may be of interest ...
However, we usually use these machines after a few initial studies about your species, just to round the data off a bit.

Feel free to use them though if you do want to set records ... "
Smirking, he added, "even though they might be tough to beat."
Not just dreaming is what I strive to do, but just as much to be the one to make them reality

Hidden Content

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » September 27th, 2017, 3:24 am

(And btw Aracthm since you have more time now, how does it sound me giving you GTAV? Gave a copy to Xasin months ago and i thought that it would be nice if the three of us were there togheter)
"It mostly was because i supposed that due to the high traffic you get here, you do that at least every once in a while... But yeah, ugh, nope" That last bit was accompanied with a brief nod to the sides.
"And i thought it was for the looks only! I THINK them parents told me once that my ancestors used to live in caves in a volcanic area. Guess that relatively far ancestors in terms of time... I guess we'll see tomorrow in the analysis, right?" During his part in the conversation, Valadir held back a potentially rude comment, and he stood wondering about what did some of the machines do, although judging for the shape of some, some where relatively easy to guess, and also looked at Aracth'nil as he was starting to use one.

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » September 27th, 2017, 4:46 pm

(What's a GTAV?)

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » September 27th, 2017, 4:57 pm

(It's a game, open world)

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » September 28th, 2017, 3:02 pm

(Oh right Grand Theft Auto! I don't really know... school takes up a lot of time even when I say I have more time)
Aracth'nil walked around the gym in interest, inspecting the different pieces of equipment in the room. He saw one thing that he was familiar with, and he turned on an oversized treadmill and started playing around with the controls.
"I used to see the humans playing with these, but I never understood it until now. This is the first dragon sized one I've seen after all."
He looked around the area, and settling his eyes on some of the other equipment, he asked,
"What are these other machines and things? I don't think I've seen them in use before."

Xasin

Post by Xasin » September 30th, 2017, 11:15 pm

Xasin chuckled a bit at one of Valadir's comments and grinned.
"Oh, oh no.
Valadir, I think you should know that barely anything is for the looks only. If something is very pretty, it'll serve at least a mating purpose, or intimidation.
That's why poisonous things are often very bright and flashy!"
He then blushed a bit, with his luminescent mane dimming down slightly.
"N-Not that I am poisonous."

"Also, if your ancestors did do that ... I guess it might show up?
It's always hard to tell because mixed genes might give odd results, and the analysis could confuse a mixture of traits for some other thing."
With a shrug, he added, "but there is a fairly high chance we can piece together your data with other bits of genomes to get a better reconstruction :3"

Xasin carefully watched Aracth'nil as he walked along the testing area, and followed him around.
As he started to toy with the exercise stress test equipment he moved in though, and gently nudged his claws away from the controls.
"This here is a device we use to measure how your body behaves under exercise!"

He opened a locker that contained what looked like a dragon-sized face mask.
"As you run along the treadmill at increasing speeds, we can measure your breathing and heart rate, how much air you take in and CO2 comes out, as well as blood pressure and a few other things.
Heh, some of the researchers even have been trying to measure brain activity and simulate a pre-flight sprint, since they're interested to know how our brains handle all the little details needed to fly...
But trust me, trying to run with basically an electric helmet attached isn't as fun or sciency as it sounds ..."

Hidden Content

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » October 1st, 2017, 4:44 am

Valadir nodded at the little genetics speech. Maybe he was right, there was bound to be plenty of variants.
While Xasin explained the machine's function, Valadir took some steps back in order to not to obstruct anyone's path or FOV, and sat down like a really big dog, with his tail over his front paws.
"Sounds more uncomfortable than anything if you ask me!", and while he watched the following events, he wondered about all of the studies and research the humans didn't do on their kind yet. They seemed to know quite, but also to lack. And he also wondered if he would have broken the helmet in case he wore it.

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » October 1st, 2017, 5:43 am

Not being able to resist, Aracth'nil strapped on the small mask and tried to power on the machine, and was rewarded with a few beeping noises and the turning on of the screen. He ran for a bit, getting used to it, and a few minutes later, he stepped off the machine.
"You're right... not as fun as it sounds. Talking about CO2, I wonder if there are any dragons that don't use oxygen at all... maybe aliens! Ooh do you have a restricted high clearance area? Not that I would be told of one anyway..."