Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

The alternative reality

Dwelve into the dark and shrouded parts of role-play with a pink twist? This is the place for you.
64Dragonheart64

The alternative reality

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » October 31st, 2016, 3:24 am

Ssooooo after playing Choice of the Dragon (Really good, i wanted something like that to exist since forever) i began asking myself how the life of a dragon would be in reality. Say, today, 2016, and i came across the idea of roleplaying this story.
We should be 3 or 4 (me included) (someone who offers as a human?) in a somewhat realistic and plausible story. I would be Valadir, the black dragon with golden underside (http://lordhannu.deviantart.com/art/Bla ... -266337333 but with black wings, is what i had in mind, the image is by no means mine). He speaks fluent english and spanish. Keep it SFW guys!
Current characters:
-Valadir (Me) (Dragon)
-Aracth'nil (user of the same name) (Dragon)
-William Nightwing (Dragonhunter4321) (Dragon)
-Xasin
Want to join? Post a description of your character below. Remember, 4 characters in total maximum, me included.
NOTICE: I'll possibly open the slot later.
Current SitRep (with backstory) (maybe doing an xmas and new year mini episode if this extends up to the festive season?)
Valadir was born in 1916 in Buenos Aires, Argentina, when Hipolito Yrigoyen got elected. He lives there until this day, and he got a home of his own in a warehouse after helping a man in need. Traveled all across the country, with the city Bariloche being his favourite place, but he didnt stay there because of the friends he has in his home. He tried to get into the argentinian army in order to fight in the Falklands war. He obviously was against the coup in the period, but he wanted to defend what he considered correct. However, he was turned away. They didn't want to risk his life in case things got ugly and in any case they would call, thing that never happened. He also got named "The silver tongue", due to his ability to read the characteristics of whoever is speaking with him, and making the best conversations out there.
Back to the present...
Last edited by 64Dragonheart64 on January 10th, 2017, 2:04 am, edited 10 times in total.
The dragon that inhabited my soul left and now it watches over me.

Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Re: The alternative reality

Post by Aracth'nil » October 31st, 2016, 11:59 am

Aracth'nil is a well travelled dragon who has moved from place to place trying to find a stable home. His parents were both enslaved and killed by the Axis Nazi regime in WW2 shortly after his birth in the 1920s, and he therefore has an air of independance but loyalty.

His physical features are that of a blue black dragon, with a length of about 10m (30ft) and a medium wingspan. Because of his frequent travelling, he flies well and can speak many major languages such as English, French, Spanish and Mandarin and has contacts over the globe.
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Dragonhunter4321
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Post by Dragonhunter4321 » November 6th, 2016, 6:03 am

Dot for interest...

Perhaps I Will. Thinking of one of my ego's right now...

William Nightwing is a dark coloured dragon with a deep red hide and saphire underbelly. He was born American, lives American, and even belives his ancestors where Americans. When in honesty his ancestors moved to New York back in the 20's from europe and where a large part of the speakeasy community.

William speaks only English, and has a minimal education. He barely passed high school and is going nowhere fast. his opinion on life is very simple... why are there so many gosh darn rules! In other words... he's a hippy who supports gay couples, free speech, and guns. Weird as that may be he is young and inexperienced with life.

It may be strange to some but William is a "Jack of all trades" when it comes to nerds. He likes RP (mostly D&D), watches certain Japanese Cartoons, and is totally into comics and sci-fi.

Now, he doesn't smoke, and takes great care of his body, he refuses to drink, and even insists that others don't waist their time on such things as well
I once asked God for a bike, but I know that's not how God works. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » November 7th, 2016, 11:09 pm

After a week of its creation, it finally goes live! Keep in mind that i have almost no experience in this kind of stuff
Halloween had passed a week ago, and while this is not widely celebrated in Argentina, it was still in the party list of small children and english institutes. Every children that saw Valadir mistook him with a horse in a really cool cotsume. That sounded strange to him "Haven't you heard about dragons in some book?", he always thought. Still, a week after that and some of the festive ornaments were still there, and the US elections were just around the corner, thing that he cared little about. It wouldn't impact him that much.
Since he lived in that warehouse that the neighbours were quite happy with him. The area was a lot safer with his prescense, and he also broke with the classic dragon stigma. He seemed overly friendly...
Very recently, Valadir was given a token of friendship: a carved elephant tusk that closely resembled the Leaning tower of Rome, bought between all of his neighbours. He was sure that was illegal, but he was convinced otherwise. If it was sold in a jewelry store, it had to be geniune.
He stored it dearly in his home, and in return, he planned on doing a pretty big asado (thats a BBQ). In order to do that, he had spread the word about it and spent the rest of the day on gathering several chicken, pigs and cows. With the meat and wood gathered, he seemed to spot some winged creature at the distance...
(Aracth'nil, you are up!)

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » November 10th, 2016, 12:39 pm

The final leg until he could rest. Aracth'nil had flown in from the west, from the humid climates of Malaysia and Indonesia bound for South America. Landfall was up ahead, and time passsed slowly and dusk soon approached. Still searching for a stable home, he flew into Easter Island, losing sight of the main landmass for a rest. Soon, he was up again, flying over the Pacific. nAcute eyes scanned the land for any sign of other dragons. They were rare, but existed, he knew. He had only met a few others before, and then had to carry on as to not attract any suspicion from the blind seeming humans that thought that he was an elephant, or a horse or something else. Spotting a field, he then realised that a dragon was looking up at him...
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Dragonhunter4321

Post by Dragonhunter4321 » November 11th, 2016, 7:38 am

William sat at home watching trump win the elections and he chuckles at the size of the trump supporters crowd compared to those supporting Hillary... then he went back to admiring the many site he lounged in online.
I once asked God for a bike, but I know that's not how God works. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » November 11th, 2016, 11:34 am

As the creature came closer, it was clear what it was. The sight of another dragon is quite rare, and Valadir couldn't remember the last time he saw another of his kind. The two dragons were looking at each other, and the flying one was going to land near Valadir, who wanted to invite him to the event he had planned

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » November 11th, 2016, 2:09 pm

Aracth'nil let the altitude fall. Landing in the grassy paddock, he saw the other dragon looking inquisitively at him.
"Hi?"

Dragonhunter4321

Post by Dragonhunter4321 » November 12th, 2016, 1:02 am

(Go ahead and skip me until you find a way to include me... perhaps as one of Ara's contacts)

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » November 12th, 2016, 2:53 am

(Got it, makes sense and i apologize)
"Hi, i'm Valadir and you are the first dragon to come in quite a long time, since i can remember ". While he said this, he extended his right paw for a shake.

Dragonhunter4321

Post by Dragonhunter4321 » November 13th, 2016, 3:42 am

(No problem, I'm following you guys ;))

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » November 13th, 2016, 12:50 pm

*shakes*
"Hi - was wondering if there were any dragons around here. What's the situation around these parts?"