Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

The alternative reality

Dwelve into the dark and shrouded parts of role-play with a pink twist? This is the place for you.
Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Re: The alternative reality

Post by Aracth'nil » October 1st, 2017, 5:43 am

Latest post of the previous page:

Not being able to resist, Aracth'nil strapped on the small mask and tried to power on the machine, and was rewarded with a few beeping noises and the turning on of the screen. He ran for a bit, getting used to it, and a few minutes later, he stepped off the machine.
"You're right... not as fun as it sounds. Talking about CO2, I wonder if there are any dragons that don't use oxygen at all... maybe aliens! Ooh do you have a restricted high clearance area? Not that I would be told of one anyway..."
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Xasin

Post by Xasin » October 4th, 2017, 10:13 pm

((Wheee~
I got my official documents etc. for University now!
That means that I am properly registered, and it also gives me a WiFi password, one that I will use extensively~
:D))

Xasin murred as he watched Aracth'nil step up to the machine, but, seeing as nobody else seemed to mind, he let him pass.

While the latter dragon was busy getting accustomed to the machine, the former answered Valadir.
"Well, it's ... Not really meant to be comfortable.
None of these machines are for actually working out, you know? Although we try to keep them useable, their main purpose is ... Well, science."

He then sat down next to him and watched Aracth'nil for a bit.

"Had enough?", he chuckled once said dragon stepped off.
"As I said, it's science! The explosions are fun, but being part of an experiment ... Not always :P"

The following words seemed to confuse Xasin, but he then started to laugh and grin.
"Wh ... High clearance area?
Aracth ... A-are you serious?"
Quickly he managed to calm himself down, but a certain grin still stayed on his face.
"Mhm ... Regardless of how enticing working on aliens sound, I ... Think you would have heard if we had actually discovered some so far."
Not just dreaming is what I strive to do, but just as much to be the one to make them reality

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » October 5th, 2017, 3:12 am

Valadir nodded. Although he wondered if comfort could yield better results, he then thought about the increased costs for a machine that probably didn't need it.
"Guess that depends on the experiment in question. Explosions are always fun to see though. What do you need them for anyway?"
"D'aaawwww, no area 51 over here?", he added jokingly after smiling after Xasin's reaction.
While they kept on talking, traffic increased in the hallways behind them, dragons and humans alike filled them. The sun was starting to hide behind the horizon, and that was the departing time of many and the beginning of a calm night of work for a few. With the experiment and the conversation in the middle, they didn't really notice the time passing, and that time of the day seemed way closer than expected.
(And lucky that you replied today. Last test of this row was today. Also WIFI FTW. That last paragraph was for keeping this flowing. Dunno if you are ok with it.)
The dragon that inhabited my soul left and now it watches over me.

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » October 16th, 2017, 12:48 pm

(Sorry I've been so long... got stuck into a webserial that sucked up all my time. It's called Worm by the way, higly recommend. Might have taken my favourite book place. It's at parahumans.wordpress.com, tell me if you start)
"Just curious, do you have anything that could augment dragons in any way? Fly faster, have stronger bones, that kinda thing? As you probably know by now, I'm not one to fit in a plane, and those long overseas trips can take a chunk out of you."
He yawned, and noticed the time out of the corner of his eye.
"Actually, I'd prefer to have something to eat, given the sun's setting. Back to the cafeteria?"
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Xasin

Post by Xasin » October 17th, 2017, 9:16 pm

Xasin had to take a moment to think about Aracth'nil's question, but answered happily:
"Well, as of now, we ... Are working on a few prototype Jetpacks for larger size dragons.
It's nothing major, just one or two small engines that strap onto the side of the body and provide a little bit of extra power, but they are supposed to make flight more enjoyable overall!
I sadly can't use them since I'm too small, and the weight would negate the effects ...
And besides, now you can probably guess where those explosions come into play."

He chuckled a bit and grinned, but quickly clarified: "No worries, no dragon was hurt, we always do unmanned tests."

Blushing slightly he then nodded and began to lead the group back to the cafeteria.
"I should probably get something to eat, too. Valadir, how is your wing doing?
I thought that tomorrow you'll have your last check-up ... Right?"

((Whee~
Uni officially started so I might be a tiny bit busy, but ... Heh, we'll see how things go, ay? :3))
Not just dreaming is what I strive to do, but just as much to be the one to make them reality

Hidden Content

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » October 18th, 2017, 3:27 am

Valadir let go an "Ohhhhh" rising his head after hearing the proupose of the explosions, that one that seemed to come out of a failed experiment in a movie. "Don't think i'll use them if they ever fully come out of the dev phase. They sound uncomfortable" He wondered how many times they were asked about injured dragons in order for him to clarify that quickly.
He then agreed about going back to the cafeteria, he was somewhat hungry, thats for sure.
"They are ok, i guess... Can't really tell the difference right now" , he said on the way. With all of the bandages it was hard to feel the difference, and he was tempted to touch them or something to see if could sense more membrane, but didn't. Just in case. "And it is tomorrow at noon... Again. I can hardly wait" His mind was soon invaded with all of the things happening the following day. With a potential strong lead about his parents whereabouts and a full heal of injuries that had been with him in the last 86 years at most and as far as he could remeber at least, it was hard not to.
Luckily they were greatly toned down when they arrived at their destination.

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » November 9th, 2017, 12:17 pm

(Again, sorry I've been so long... I've had school exams as Dragonheart knows, and now I'm on holidays! Yay :D Also find me on Discord more)
Aracth'nil looked interested as he saw the jetpacks that could help him potentially in later years.
"Any estimate on completion date? I really want one of those..."
He followed the other two to the cafeteria, where he grabbed himself a plateful and sat down at a table while waiting for his friends.
"So does anyone have any plans for the next while? Just hang out here? I mean, I have nothing against it, this place is cool, but if anyone has anything they want to do..."

Xasin

Post by Xasin » November 12th, 2017, 9:48 am

((It's fine, Aracth'nil.
I actually had quite a lot to do with my university so far...
It's not that the topics are hard or anything, it's simply that I need to readjust to all the new schedules and everything!
Chuckles
I'm doing quite well so far though :)

Also, heck yeah for holidays! \o/ ))

Xasin chuckled a bit at Valadir's remark.
"They ... Well, we try to make them as comfortable as two mini jet turbines can be.
But their main purpose is to give us scout dragons a slightly longer reach ... To give us some means of passing larger areas without the need for a plane to drop us off close.

Maybe someday we'll sell them to consumers, though!
I'll make sure you'll be the first to know."

Upon hearing the good news of the healing wings, he nodded.
"Well, if you could tell the difference, I am not 100% sure if they would be healing properly.
It's good that there's not much to feel."

As they finally arrived at the cafeteria, Xasin jumped in with a slight grin. Leisurely he walked over to the menu, looking at whether or not something of his taste was available today.
While doing so he answered Aracth'nil's question:
"I personally don't have much to do ...
I was kind of assigned to Valadir to make sure he's doing fine.
Maybe we passed along some interesting building that you would like to revisit after we had something to eat?"

Hidden Content

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » November 12th, 2017, 11:31 am

(And I'll be on holiday as well since tomorrow regardless of exams' results. Still say that that session of gta between us needs to happen sometime)
When they got to the cafeteria, a hunger he didn't know he had striked him. Having decided to have something healthier than lunch for the occasion, he got some beef that seemed to have been used for making tomato sauce, and then went to the table with the others.
"Thanks for sticking around. And don't have any idea right now", said while eating.

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » November 21st, 2017, 11:56 am

Eating, he decided that he should propose something if the others had nothing in mind specifically.
"Well... if you guys have no idea, how about we do some sightseeing while we're in the region and fly over to San Francisco or something? I've been told it's not bad at this time of year, and I haven't been there in my travels. What do you guys think? Or do you have anywhere else you want to see?"
While waiting for the others to reply, he had another bite to eat.

Xasin

Post by Xasin » November 30th, 2017, 2:36 pm

((Dragonheart, I have no objections to a GTA session, especially now that my internet is back from being out for a week <.<'))

Xasin followed Valadir to the food counter, picking out some of the nicer looking dishes.
Together with him and Aracth'nil, he led the group to one of the tables, where he sat down with them for the meal.

"No problem, Valadir.
It's always nice to get to know new dragons; that's actually part of the reason why I decided to scout every now and then."

At Aracth'nil's suggestion, he frowned a bit, looking over to Valadir and his still-healing wings.
"Are ... Are you sure that's a good idea?
I'm not sure Valadir can fly with all the bandages ..."
He paused and mumbled a little.
"Although ... I suppose it would be possible to take one of the smaller planes, or at least schedule a travel for us."

With a grin, he continued:
"Valadir?
What do you say? I could look out for a plane that needs to fly to some interesting location anyways and ask if they can take us with them.
If you want to, that is."

Hidden Content

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » November 30th, 2017, 10:43 pm

Valadir huffed and looked away at Aracth'nil's suggestion in some degree of irritation. To him, that almost seemed on proupose!
However, as he thought that they had already planned to live toghether at least for a while, oppressed those negative feelings.
"If those results also give locations, maybe we could use that chance, i think that right now is late enough to start travelling as it is"

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » December 2nd, 2017, 12:35 pm

Aracth'nil, noticing Valadir's brief hesitation, stopped to consider again.
"I never said we had to go now… I mean, if Valadir's wing heals fine and his DNA testing reveals some location, I'm up for going wherever that is. It's just that being on the ground with not much to do is starting to make me feel a bit bored."
He nudged his muzzle towards the room where Valadir had gone in for his medical testing.
"Any idea on when that'll be done?"