Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

The alternative reality

Dwelve into the dark and shrouded parts of role-play with a pink twist? This is the place for you.
Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Re: The alternative reality

Post by Aracth'nil » December 2nd, 2017, 12:35 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Aracth'nil, noticing Valadir's brief hesitation, stopped to consider again.
"I never said we had to go now… I mean, if Valadir's wing heals fine and his DNA testing reveals some location, I'm up for going wherever that is. It's just that being on the ground with not much to do is starting to make me feel a bit bored."
He nudged his muzzle towards the room where Valadir had gone in for his medical testing.
"Any idea on when that'll be done?"
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Xasin

Post by Xasin » December 4th, 2017, 10:21 pm

((Heh, sorry guys for not replying sooner. I got a little caught up on the weekend, seeing as how it was the first of advent. Time to reply! \o/ ))

Xasin murred, and answered for Valadir:
"It's hard to say, Aracth'nil ... Wings do heal very well though, and really, once they start growing and have a good connection things usually get better."
He then sighed and mumbled a little, adding:
"No worries though ... I know how it is to be grounded for a while, I uh ... I had some off-time myself."

After having finished his meal, he then stretched out, yawning slightly.
"Anyhow!
I suggest we all head out back to the beds, sleep, and ... Valadir?"
He smiled reassuringly.
"I am sure that when we wake up, we'll get to see some slightly finer results of the analysis."

He stepped away from the table, putting away the dishes before waiting for the others.
"Does that sound like a good plan?"

((I ... Hope I did not confuse the time in the RP?
I thought it was turning evening, and I think letting the next day come is a good decision.

Will this continue here, by the way?))
Not just dreaming is what I strive to do, but just as much to be the one to make them reality

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » December 5th, 2017, 12:32 am

(Didn't get confused. And for me, let's keep it here as much as we can, until this place goes down, and then we move to our private group on discord. That is what i had in mind. Btw i'm by page 13 with the screenshots)
"Maybe... Although i have the feeling that i won't be able to sleep much tonight. I hope that it will get better than "slightly"" He couldn't quit thinking about tomorrow, lots of important stuff would happen that day.
He then went with Xasin to the quarters.
"'Til tomorrow", and then went to his room. After taking off the watch once again and taking a bite off the peanut bar, he went to bed and tried to sleep after watching the night view of the city. At least, he had to try.
Tomorrow he would be free.
The dragon that inhabited my soul left and now it watches over me.

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » December 13th, 2017, 4:38 am

Aracth'nil nodded a quick greeting, before heading over to his own bunk. He was getting restless from all of this inactivity. Unable to get to sleep, he decided to go back outside and wander around some, to ease his mind and to wear himself out. He took off and flew over the city lights, admiring at the near organised square blocks that lined the city.
"So organised..." he thought.
He headed back towards the headquarters, landing and moving to his room once more. Maybe soon they would all explore the great expanse of the world together.
That night, he dreamt of the sky.
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Xasin

Post by Xasin » December 14th, 2017, 8:55 am

Xasin mumbled and sighed a bit, shaking his head a little.
"Of course ... I would not mind something more distinctive than just a 'slightly' myself, Valadir.
But ... Those tests just don't always pinpoint a specific region ..."
He gave his friend a quick nuzzle before they parted ways and left for their respective quarters.
From his window, he could actually get a short glimpse at the restless Aracth'nil flying around, chuckling to himself.

Having set his alarm for a fairly early time, he woke up before the other two. Quite a bit earlier, to be precise.
His work was partly the cause for this as he still had a few documents to finish, but his main reason for getting up so early was to sneak into the lab and see the results of the final analysis, evaluating them and trying to think about how best to tell Valadir the new.

((Said news, of course, you have to decide upon Dragonheart, depending on where you want to go next ^^))
Not just dreaming is what I strive to do, but just as much to be the one to make them reality

Hidden Content

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » December 15th, 2017, 4:41 am

(Got that decided long ago)
Valadir rolled constantly around the bed in an useless attempt to sleep. He simply couldn't do it, his mind wouldn't let him.
He came out fo the room without the necklace on and went for a stroll to clear his mind. In the way, he caught up with a resting area. Picking up a dollar coin from the floor, he got a can of Fanta, watching some TV while drinking and picking a small chat with someone visiting the room briefly.
After a good while of getting distracted, his mind was clearer and was able to get some sleep, dreaming of that approaching encounter with his family.
In the next morning, after putting the necklace back in place he got moving to the cafeteria again, hoping to get some real breakfast this time. Seemed to be 10 by the watch in the news channel.
Last edited by 64Dragonheart64 on December 15th, 2017, 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » December 15th, 2017, 11:03 pm

Aracth'nil woke up, and unlike usual, decided to lounge about in his room for a bit. For the next while, he spent his time organising his space before leaving the room for the cafeteria.
As he arrived, he bumped into Valadir walking in, and he saw the hints of nervousness in his demeanour.
"Hey! Big day huh? You'll be fine, it'll turn out great I suspect."
They walked in together, and he looked at the morning's offerings of food. He chose something, then sat down to eat.

Xasin

Post by Xasin » December 18th, 2017, 10:05 pm

Xasin had been waiting for the two dragons in the cafeteria, hoping that they'd be up around this time.

Actually ... He had been busy before this.
After having finished most of the papers due for the next couple of days, including the report of the latest excursion from which he had dragged Valadir and Aracth'nil with him, and having walked into the lab to find that, sadly, the analysis had not yet fully completed (but was fairly close to doing so), he had sat down in the cafeteria for a, for him, somewhat late breakfast.
This was at nine.

With a small bit of toast and a coffee, as well as with the help of a scientific magazine, he had spent the rest of his (luckily otherwise free) time waiting.
Understandably, he was more than a little happy that the wait was finally over. With a smile, he moved aside his magazine, which he had laid out on the table before, and made some space for the two dragons.

"There you are. I've been waiting for you for a bit now!", he exclaimed. From the looks of it, he was in a cheerful mood.
"Although that could have been my fault ... I did forget to arrange a meeting time with you guys, after all.

Anyhow ... You should get something to eat, especially you, Valadir.
I already had my breakfast this morning."

He sat back a bit, relaxing for a short moment.

"Oh, and the test results are most likely done by now. I can't say for sure, but ...
If you want, we can head straight to the lab after we're done here."

Hidden Content

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » December 19th, 2017, 3:08 am

Valadir's nervousness wasn't hard to notice. His off gaze was surely enough to give him away, and when Aracth'nil appeared, he got taken by surprise.
"Yeah, surely... With all they have on hand..."
He grabbed a mug of cold chocolate and brownies and went to the table, giving a quick glance at the cover of the magazine. Nothing of interest for the particular moment.
"Although the anticipation right now is killing me, i think I'll prefer to get the bandages off first, gives more for them to be done", he answered while he drank of the mug.

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » December 19th, 2017, 11:28 am

Eating his own food, he let Xasin's information sink in. He turned to Valadir.
"Well, it's up to you, so we can get your bandages off first. As for my two cents though, the wait seems to be killing you. You sure?"
He quickly excused himself. Walking up the the cafeteria again, he grabbed another plateful. He returned to the table and sat down again.
"I guess it still could be not done and watching a screen at 99% could be worse though..."

Xasin

Post by Xasin » December 22nd, 2017, 10:58 pm

"I ... Yeah, I understand that", Xasin answered to Valadir's request.
"Maybe we should first get the doctor's visit out of the way before we move on to the more pleasant stuff."

He seemed a little worried about Valadir's behaviour, but since it was not an everyday experience to hear about a possible location for long-lost parents ... Well, he wasn't sure how any dragon would react.

With Aracth'nil's comment, the deal was sealed.
"You're right... The analysis process is a tad bit unpredictable.
So, Valadir, let's go to the hospital first and get you checked up, ok?
I am sure that after that, we can go to the labs and... Well, figure out what to do then."

He patted the friendly dragon on his back before he began to collect up his documents.

"I'm sure it'll go well...
Now, are we ready to go?"

Hidden Content

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » December 23rd, 2017, 4:40 am

"I just want to give the analysis more time, that 99% scenario would be horrible" Valadir added while he finished one of the brownies.
When it was time to go, he went and got another one, along with a napkin in order to eat it on the way and clean himself. After finishing, he remained quiet, head slightly tilted downwards and with a pensative gaze, those results occupying his thoughts, although he wasn't worried about his wings. Given all of the things he got told about them, he was already convinced that those would be alright.
Soon they arrived to the ol' clinic, more specifically, to the same door of the same fellow that had put the bandages in the first place.
"Time for the good news i guess". He then knocked twice and went on inside, closing the door and noting again that artificial smell characteristic of the area, maybe due to recent cleaning, but it was somewhat more bearable.

After around twenty minutes, he got back out due to the sheer amount of bandages he had. Nonetheless, a radiant smile got into his face. His wings were not in mint conditions, the bigger holes had left scars that would take some days to fully close, the ragged bottom was healed.
Valadir shook his unwrapped wings as he went towards his friends.
"He told me that they are usable with normality. Care to come for a test?", told Aracth'nil

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » December 23rd, 2017, 5:50 am

Aracth'nil waited outside the examination room while Valadir's treatment was finalised.
When Valadir walked out, he couldn't help but comment how much better they looked.
"You sure that's fine to go flying with? I mean... there's still a way to go. If you want, we can check on the analysis and see if that's done now - I mean, I can't help but be a little curious too. Tell you what, do you want to fly over there? Or is that a bit too close to bother?"
He looked to Xasin.
"How far is it again? Still don't know this place as well as you do..."