Herpy.nu will close down in January 2018 - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018, and years of smear campaigns have given us a reputation that has been hard to shake. We therefore made the choice to close the site and move on to a brighter future. While the forums will be archived as a memory of times of past greatness, new funds have been raised and new admins have been recruited to start working on a entire new community far away from Bad Dragon and any association with that company. The gallery will remain operational in the meantime. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send a PM to Valcyrie.

Herpy have always been my little lovechild since I joined over a decade ago. But he grew up, and as he has aged with dignity its time for his hatchling to take over. A fresh start for a new generation in a new era.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

The alternative reality

Dwelve into the dark and shrouded parts of role-play with a pink twist? This is the place for you.
Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Re: The alternative reality

Post by Aracth'nil » June 7th, 2017, 2:17 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

"Wait, leave some for me!"
Aracth'nil grabbed the first thing that looked appetising and joined Valadir.
He started eating hungrily, oblivious to the stares directed at him and Valadir.
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Xasin

Post by Xasin » June 10th, 2017, 7:27 pm

Xasin just chuckled at Valadir's last comment, and watched him run off together with Aracth'nil.
I'm just glad people are used to crazy dragons here by now ... , he thought to himself, chuckling a little.

After having paid the bill for all the food (and luckily being able to spare some research funds for Aracth'nil's portion) he joined the other two, and began to eat.

"So ... They came from so different places?", he continued the conversation (while still having a bit of lasagna in his maw),
"That probably means they will both be from different species ..."

He sighed a bit, looking aside slightly.
"That won't make it much easier, I sadly have to admit..."

Trying to not feel the awkward silence following this statement he nommed on some more of his lasagna, looking aside slightly.
Eventually though, even that was finished, and so he readied himself to leave again.
"There ... Right. Sorry if that dragged the mood down a bit - How about I now actually show you around the complex?
I suppose the labs where your blood samples are being analysed currently would be a good start, eh?"
Not just dreaming is what I strive to do, but just as much to be the one to make them reality

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » June 11th, 2017, 6:23 am

Valadir only regained lucidness when he was halfway through the pizza, only then noticing the stares the were recieving.
"After all, that is what makes me more interesting, right?", replied as he seemed to bring some ego into light.
"It can't be much harder after all of the publicity you two have made..."
After finishing the other half of the pizza (and an extra half as well), drinking a lot of water and containing some burps. Valadir took the exploring offer.
"That sounds interesting!"
The dragon that inhabited my soul left and now it watches over me.

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » June 11th, 2017, 3:11 pm

Aracth'nil too looked up and shied away with awkwardness at the attention they were getting. He fumbled a quick apologetic guesture to the crowd and turned to his companions.
"I agree with Valadir. I never did get to see a lot of the research facilities on my little trip."
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Xasin

Post by Xasin » June 18th, 2017, 10:15 pm

"Hrmpf ...
Well, mating between species isn't that uncommon", Xasin said, blushing a bit, but quickly continuing,
"B-But it makes each one a unique dragon, too, so yeah!"

Blushing awkwardly he picked up the plates of Valadir and Aracth'nil.
"Right ... Well, science labs it is!
I'll bring these away quickly first though ..."

Walking towards the exit then he waved over to the other two, signalling them to come along (unless they had already stepped out of the room by themselves).
"Oh, by the way, Aracth'nil, this time you can at least go into some of the buildings!", he exclaimed with a smile.
"We have things like aerodynamic test setups that are usually used for larger aircrafts, in order to understand how some dragon species fly so well - as well as some other setups."

Having said that, he led the way to the scientific part of the complex. Although it was not separated by a proper wall or gate, most of the research area was concentrated in one region nonetheless - to their benefit, as it would allow the three dragons to quickly walk between them.

The ancestry and genetics lab was just a short walk away from the cafeteria, and soon, Xasin was able to stop and grin at Valadir and Aracth'nil, the unremarkable building behind him.
"There we are - here, we take samples of various species of dragons and try to construct a map of where they came from, went, and how they evolved.
With humans those things are easy, as you don't have as much variation, and a lot more members of the species ...
But with dragons, those rules don't apply."

He stepped forth, opening the door.
"Care to step in?
Maybe they already have a preliminary analysis of your samples, Valadir."
Not just dreaming is what I strive to do, but just as much to be the one to make them reality

Hidden Content

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » June 19th, 2017, 4:37 am

"I might actually want to see the aero tests sometime. Sounds cool, but after these are done" Valadir said as he waved his wings a little.
For the rest of the walk, and until they were almost there, Valadir's attention was mostly focused in the dragons passing next to him, still unused to seeing so many. After all, he had barely seen any in his lifetime. Hearing (and seeing) about their variety made him feel happier, they could be quite colorful and unique, and for him all the humans looked quite alike!
Upon the open door, his excitement made him throw himself inside, unable to wait any longer to see the results they had so far. That also made him imagine already the moment in which he would see his parents again...
"Man, i want to have lips already! I wanted to whistle a lot since we met and i can't!", he humorously said when he entered the place. He was clearly impressed by all the equipment and everything of the place.
(Speaking of that, i already have thought of that part already. In the case we decide they are dead, this is gonna turn so sad... But i personally think this guy deserves a happy ending in that matter!)

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » June 20th, 2017, 11:36 am

"Let's go then," Aracth'nil said as he walked off in the direction of the labs, leading the two.
"Here's hoping to Valadir finds his parents!"
He walked further along the corridor, then fell back to let Xasin lead the way when he got to a place he didn't know.

Xasin

Post by Xasin » June 25th, 2017, 10:00 pm

"Don't worry, Valadir, I'm sure we can visit the aerodynamics after this ...
I think you'll like having smoke trails used on you to display stuff like air flow."

Xasin chuckled as he just watched Valadir and Aracth'nil wander off into the building, letting them "walk off" their excitement.
As the two eventually noticed that they were, in fact, clueless as to where to go next, the furred dragon finally decided to intervene.
"It's this way, you two", he exclaimed with a slight chuckle, opening a door.

Walking through, they were greeted with something that looked more like a normal office (albeit larger-sized for the dragons) than a laboratory.
"This is the heart of the whole operation, sort of ...
Basically, a bunch of computers to crunch numbers, check for statistic correlations, that sort of the stuff.
Here is also where we can access your data and see it's progress!"

Xasin himself seemed to know how to operate the terminals, and after a few clicks through some menus, he opened up what looked like a search bar.
In was put the name of Valadir, as well as a couple of numbers that looked like dates, and as he clicked search, a single result was put out.

"Alright ... There we go!
It looks like we already have a few first clues of what your parents might have been ...
You can click on the links to get more information, both on what gene detail means what, as well as how your parent species, or hybrids, could be like."

Hidden Content

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » June 26th, 2017, 4:53 am

Valadir took a deep breath to set his mind straight for once, and then went to the computer. Luckily the mouse fitted his paws...
"First time using it, don't be surprised if i get lost or something...", although in the end he did fine. The interface was simple and organized, presumably to make it easier to navigate into the information

According to it, the majority of his genes came from his father, hence their physical likeness, and supporting the things the humans that actually spoke to him and his family back in the day. His mother's mind in his father's body... Although obviously there were differences.
Both of their spices were almost 100% percent pure, maybe some of his most distant relatives mated with eachother... and it was also revealed the name of her mother's, Draconis Tegmentum, although they lacked a sketch, and the name that Valadir gave about his father's seemed to be correct. In essence, that was as far as the analysis went, there was still work to be done on it, but for an early view, that was quite good.
"Well, that was certainly something. I recall you saying that the analysis should be done by tomorrow, right?" At that point, he was trying to hold back his exitement, although it was surely noticeable by his tone and smile. "And what about him?", signaling with the head to Aracth'nil.

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » June 26th, 2017, 1:59 pm

"I doubt there'll be anything on me... but we can always check," he said, as he looked into the computer containing his files.
He gazed for a while, then commented,
"Mine's still a way off being done. I doubt it'll be easy with all my travelling. We'll just concentrate on you for now."
He gestured at Valadir, looking no more morose than usual.

Xasin

Post by Xasin » July 3rd, 2017, 10:38 pm

Xasin sat next to the two dragons, smiling quite a bit as he just followed along Valadir's exploration of the different analysis details.
"Hm ...
Well, tomorrow we should be getting results from the more specific genetic analysis. That means that your DNA will be searched for smaller, local changes, that could allow us to trace back your parents in a more detailed manner", he began to explain,
"It works well because specific mutations always come from a single ancestor. If we can find common mutations and trace them back to their original location, we have an anchor point with which to work."

He then looked at Aracth'nil's data for a moment, confused.
"Hm ... Odd.
I would have expected both of your data to be at somewhat equal progress ...
But I guess the lab might be a bit more busy right now.

We'll probably come back here for Valadir tomorrow anyways, so we can check again then."

He then sat up, stretching his wings and paws for a short moment to warm them back up.
"Right!
So, next stop ... Aerodynamics?"

Hidden Content

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » July 6th, 2017, 2:53 pm

"Yeah, let's go see the giant fan!", Valadir said with a smile as he went out. After all, he needed something to distract him about all of the stuff happening on the next day. He was too anxious.
While on their way, he couldn't help but ask:
"Will you want to celebrate the holidays with Aracth and me? I mean, we are a month or so away and he has already agreed to stay with me, and it would be a good chance to see you again if we stop hanging around until then..."

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » July 8th, 2017, 2:10 pm

"I would like it if you stayed..." Aracth'nil added onto Valadir.
"Also, how fast can the tunnel go? I want to do a test of my flying. I'm curious, must say. Also, any enhancements or easier flying tips the guys there can give me would be greatly appreciated."
He looked back at his data.
"I suspect that my DNA complexity comes from my family travelling over the globe for centuries. There's a lot to find there."