Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

Lords & Rascals: a D&D 3.5 ed. story

Dwelve into the dark and shrouded parts of role-play with a pink twist? This is the place for you.
Dragonhunter4321
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Re: Lords & Rascals: a D&D 3.5 ed. story

Post by Dragonhunter4321 » November 19th, 2016, 4:54 am

Latest post of the previous page:

I haven't heard anything from Val on this.
I once asked God for a bike, but I know that's not how God works. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Valcyrie
Site Admin
I am a: Author
Commissions: Temporarily closed

Post by Valcyrie » November 19th, 2016, 6:27 pm

Yes, sorry, it's my fault. Ever since I started my new medication I've been exhausted every day, falling asleep more or less as soon as I come home from work and lacking the energy to do just about anything. As you may have noticed, I've been pretty absent on Discord as well.

The meds will settle in due time but it can take weeks, and I feel I cannot handle this group until it does, I'm sorry. But I dont want to let you down completely since you have spent a lot of time with your characters and all, so I have a proposition: I have a friend who I play with IRL who is used to the same world and setting as I have (we both use it in our IRL group). I can have him take over for me if you want. What do you say?
Avatar by Semura. Signature by me and Ember.

Darastrix

Post by Darastrix » November 20th, 2016, 5:16 am

I'm okay waiting. I just hadn't heard anything either way and last I knew I was the only one to submit anything.

Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Post by Aracth'nil » November 20th, 2016, 12:04 pm

Yeah I'm fine waiting. Need to make my character and do more rule relearning again (although I only have access to 5e rules at this point)
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Xaithis
I am a: Author

Post by Xaithis » November 20th, 2016, 12:16 pm

I'll finish my sheet soon, I've just been distracted by 3.5 books... I'm now tempted to switch one of my 5e campaigns to 3.5
Typical Session...
PC - "I run towards the lasers!"
Me (DM) - <starts finding a new character sheet>

Darastrix

Post by Darastrix » November 20th, 2016, 10:32 pm

Aracth'nil, start with the 3.5 Wiki page and then do "<book title> pdf" and you can find pretty much all of them online for free. If you're new to it, I would probably focus mostly on the Player's Handbook and Dungeon Master's guide. It's got all the basic classes, prestige classes, and rules you'll need. Everything else is supplementary.

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » November 21st, 2016, 11:52 am

Thanks! I wonder if I should go for traditional or more taboo... like drow :O
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Darastrix

Post by Darastrix » November 21st, 2016, 11:12 pm

Drow have an ECL associated and Val has forbidden them. That being said there are something like 2 dozen different elf types that don't have ECL that you could theoretically use with varying stats.

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » November 22nd, 2016, 12:08 pm

Darastrix wrote:Drow have an ECL associated and Val has forbidden them. That being said there are something like 2 dozen different elf types that don't have ECL that you could theoretically use with varying stats.
Oops...missed a bit. Probably play something like wood elf anyway... being totally bad I think would be too much of a hassle for my first 3.5e game anyway.

Darastrix

Post by Darastrix » November 22nd, 2016, 4:23 pm

Depends on lot on the rest of the group. I for one am playing chaotic neutral. Doesn't mean I'm going to go crazy with doing whatever I want, just aware of which rules I like and which ones I don't and realizing that there's more grey to life than right and wrong.

Dragonhunter4321
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Post by Dragonhunter4321 » November 22nd, 2016, 6:01 pm

Well whoever takes over just look at my old posts for my race and class ;)
So how are we doing this?
I once asked God for a bike, but I know that's not how God works. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » November 23rd, 2016, 12:46 pm

Once Val feels better turn by turn probably.
Optimally 4 people would be the best maybe 5…

Darastrix

Post by Darastrix » November 23rd, 2016, 3:48 pm

Depends on party balance and objectives. I see two spellcasters, I'm doing a melee/defendery type. I'm not sure what Xaithis is planning.