Herpy.nu forums are still not fully operational. To stay updated, follow me at https://twitter.com/ValkyrianArts

Land of Elementia- Where Dragons Roam Free (NSFW)

Dwelve into the dark and shrouded parts of role-play with a pink twist? This is the place for you.
Zephyr

Re: Land of Elementia- Where Dragons Roam Free (NSFW)

Post by Zephyr » August 21st, 2017, 3:42 am

Latest post of the previous page:

Vala jumped back as the feral dragon roared and was pushed away, she stumbled for a moment in her retreat and grazed her shoulder against the stone floor, the rocks scrapping at her scales. Vala jumped of the perch and stared back at the dragon, anticipation and fear displayed on her face as she prepared for an attack. When all he did was swing his head she took the hint and darted out of the tunnel, glancing back occasionally to make sure he wasn't behind her. When the entrance came she burst out of it, her wings unfolding as she took to the sky.

Vala didn't know she was holding her breath until she started to pant heavily. She turned to face the cave, expecting him to charge her at any moment. When he didn't after several minutes Vala knew he probably wouldn't. She sighs at her failure and turns back towards the old campground, hoping she'd be able to see it when night drifted in. Without needing to chase the other dragon or be chased Vala thought that at least it would be an easy flight back as she climbed up towards the cloud, that was until she heard the shriek. Her head snapped back trying to find the black and red frame of the feral dragon, she didn't realize until to late that's not what she should fear.

A long white figure surged towards her, thin wing snapping at the air as it charge her. It had the appearance of a dragon but was more snakelike with the long tail that trailed behind it. Vala pulled her wings to her body and dropped out of the sky. Her white form sped towards the forest canopy in her dive. The snake dragon quickly followed suit it's wings almost invisible as it chased her. The ground was getting closer, as her speed increased, she kept her head turned, one eye watching the other dragons descent. When it was within a couple feet of her she snapped her wings back open. She let out a yelp of pain at the sudden strain on her wings, feeling the muscles tearing but she was slowing quickly. The snake-dragon was not, it's wings had a harder time unfolding and it could not match her deceleration. Vala twisted mid-air away from the creature, her body replaced by her thick tail which smashed into the dragons chest. It spun away from her towards the forest floor, knocked out or dead. Vala noticed something else in the sky as she fell, something, no three things, slivers of cloud twisting quickly through the air, moving downward. Then, she hit the ground and her vision went black.

jakethedragon1999
I am a: Author

Post by jakethedragon1999 » August 21st, 2017, 6:10 am

(Glad to have you back!!!)

Jakaar saw she finally left. He had won. He was still hungry though. However, he was tired and needed some rest before going out to get food. Perhaps he would go back to get the strange food from the other place where those other dragons camped. Despite the weird rock, which he didn't eat anyway, he really liked the taste of it as he thought about it. Yes! He would go out in about an hour or so.

Slowly he drifted asleep.
If you want to be average do what other people do. If you want to be awesome do what no one else does.

Zephyr

Post by Zephyr » August 22nd, 2017, 1:56 am

Vala woke in pain, she didn't know how long she'd been out for, could have been an hour, a day, 10 minutes. Above her the thick canopy of the forest blocked her view of the sun and the leaves darkened the forest floor. She lay on her side; one wing outstretched the other folded under her body. She stayed where she was, something wet was creeping down the side of her head, she didn’t want to think what. Her tail ached and the joints to her wings throbbed painfully. There was a sharp pain around her left paw, she couldn’t move the claw at all, and when she tried she was rewarded with a fresh blossom of pain. So Vala stayed there, lying on the forest floor, her eyes closed and her breathing measured.

After a couple more minutes Vala realized she had to get moving, no food, and no shelter and injured were good enough reasons alone. But with wild snake dragons and the feral in a cave somewhere nearby, she had to move before any of them found her. She rolled onto all fours and instantly regretted it. The dull throb coming from the wing she was resting on spiked into a sharp pain as the blood came rushing back. She let out a whimper and glanced at the wing. The membrane wasn’t torn but there was a black and blue patch dominating the center where the bulk of her frame was resting. Knowing she couldn’t fly on the injured wing, even if her wing joints didn’t catch fire the moment she spread her wings. There were cuts along the side of her neck where she scrapped against rocks or a very hard tree branch, or the snake-drake got a lucky shot in. Inspecting her paw she saw the source of the pain, her in fall the paw became dislocated. She knew what had to happen but shied away at the same instant. Without thinking she pressed the paw into a large enough knot in a nearby tree and twisted. A loud yelp ripped from her muzzle as the joint snapped back into place with a wet pop. She pulled the paw towards her, whimpering to herself as the pain slowly faded.

Vala tested her weight on the paw, it still stung a little but she managed to stand and walk a little. She made up for lost time and picked a random direction and started walking. She hoped to run into a hill or a break in the canopy to get a better idea of her surroundings. A high pitched noise rippled through the forest, it caused Vala to freeze in her tracks, and hold very still. Another screech called and one answered. Then the noise fell silent. She thought she was safe until a white figure crashed through the canopy several yards from her. Its long tail and pale form were unmistakable but impossible; she’d killed it, or at least left it worse than herself. She stared at the snake-drake with disbelief until a second one crashed into the undergrowth next to its twin, and then a third. Vala swore and took off running in the opposite direction as quickly as her injured form would allow. Even at peck performance taking on one of the creatures left her in a bad spot. Three would tear into her faster than she liked thinking about. So she kept running, hoping to outpace then but each time the screamed their high pitched cry told her she was going to lose this race.

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » August 22nd, 2017, 3:35 am

(Zeph, i fucking take my hat off to you. Those replies are beautiful
And Jake, two questions. One: Out of sheer curiosity, approx. how long is that story arch of yours? And second: Do the natives have at least some sort of written language of their own or something? Cause i might have something on my mind here depending on the answer...)
A little while after and the room was back in good conditions. Unfortunately, there was nothing worth taking. Whoever slept there for the last time seemed to be sure to pack all of its belongings... But at least, sleeping in there would be comfortable.
"What do you think we should do after this is finished?", Valadir asked his companion from the hallway while he took a quick look into the rooms in order to finish the most littered first. Surprisingly enough, the first one seems, by far, the one in worst conditions.
The dragon that inhabited my soul left and now it watches over me.

jakethedragon1999

Post by jakethedragon1999 » August 22nd, 2017, 4:42 am

(I am not sure how long the arc will be for sure but the story is about to pick up very soon. Also no, we have no language at all. Very primal animals kind here.)

Jakaar awoke at the sound of the high pitched screams. He knew what that meant. It was those snake dragons. He jumped out and sprinted on all fours out the cave entrance. These snake dragons where invading his territory again. How many more must he rip to shreds until they learned? He jumped out the entrance and pushed his wings hard toward the sound. He heard three of them screeching and moving through the woods. But there was a fourth one, he could hear a heavy panting, he also smelled blood.

They were on the hunt after a weaker creature . That certain creature was going to be his. He decided to target the three snake dragons first then track the wounded animal since it would be easier to catch up to. He broke several limbs off of the trees and landed on the ground. One of the three snake dragons turned at the noise and charged without a second thought. While Jakaar was no doubt a feral creature he knew he was smarter than these things. These creatures where soulless, nothing but instinct and aggression drove them.

As it charged, Jakaar rolled and clawed through its neck, he turned back and saw it was still breathing. He walked over it and stood onto its side, slowing cracking its ribs til it collapsed. One down. He flicked his ears to see where the rest where. He heard another screech and bolted that way through the forest. He got faster and faster nearly catching up when he noticed the wounded dragoness was the target the snake dragons where hunting. She looked bad. He noticed she had a limp. She wasn't going to last.

Even though there were still two snake dragons, it was almost too easy a meal. This dragoness had her chance and apparently was too weak to live. This was part of the natural way of life Jakaar knew...

Strong means life,
Weak means a meal for the strong.
If you want to be average do what other people do. If you want to be awesome do what no one else does.

Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Post by Aracth'nil » August 22nd, 2017, 3:19 pm

He walked up the stairs after Valadir.
"I don't know what we should do... given that now we've lost Vala, we should probably find her first. After that... who knows? Maybe she's got that other dragon on our side now, maybe not, but we came here to do something after all."
(Continue the story back from the original post? Also, I'm waiting for Saru again)
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Sarumabi

Post by Sarumabi » August 23rd, 2017, 8:46 am

Malyra scampered up the strange tree after them getting close and keeping the claw as far away as possible she tried to hide behind one of them watching the strange thing closely.
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » August 23rd, 2017, 12:09 pm

"Let's hope that happens. I mean, that guy is pretty inoffensive, otherwise he would have left me bleeding by now or something.".Only then he noticed the native and entered a random room. The lack of books of the place seemed odd.
"What do you think is the deal with her anyway? She seems to be afraid or everything. Of me when i told you that i found her, of the pie and of us being at it..." He paused for a moment, as if thinking.
"Maybe she needs a parental figure!"

Shortly after, he came out of the room.
"I'm done here. Everything in order and nothing worth taking as far as i I've seen... Except maybe a cultural object..." showing a dragon carved in dark wood when he lifted one of his paws even smiling a little.
"I might save it as a memory for when all of this is over"
(I´m completely fine with resuming the original objective, but i didn't put anything in case Jake doesn't want it, but in case we are doing it, at least i left myself in position. And holy shit, this RP reached 10K views lol)

Zephyr

Post by Zephyr » August 23rd, 2017, 4:29 pm

Vala paused in her escape briefly to glance back at her attackers. Her heart skipped a beat as she spotting a flare of black and red scales bringing down one of her pursuers. She gritted her teeth through the pain and pushed forward harder, blood dripped from the cut along her neck, staining her white scales and leaving a trail behind her as she ran. There was a throbbing in her injured paw which she ignored, knowing if she stopped it would mean death regardless who caught her. She swung her tail behind her, coiling around trees, rocks, any debris the she was strong enough to throw down behind her, make it harder for her pursuers to follow behind her and hopefully turn on each other.

In her escape Vala saw her chance, the chase had led all of them along side a rocky cliff which merged with the forest seamlessly. She didn't even realize it was there until she was looking for it. A long gash, angling downward from the center of the stone opened up a entrance just large enough for her lithe form. After a quick glance to make sure no one could see her Vala made her move, pushing for the relative safety of the tiny "cave". She pulled herself in, and after a couple seconds of frantically shifting she managed to turn so her head was facing the entrance of the cave. She breathed out a small jet of blue flame, a soft purr filling her throat as she realized that at least wasn't damaged by the fall. She waited for who ever was going to find her, if they found her. She subconsciously pushed herself as far back as the crevasse would allow, waiting for the inevitable.

jakethedragon1999

Post by jakethedragon1999 » August 23rd, 2017, 11:19 pm

Jakaar watched as one of the two remaining tripped over the debris thrown it it's path. As it tried to get up Jakaar rammed into it's side. The snake dragon rolled over and stood back up ready for a fight. This one was going to be a fighter. He roared at it and waited for it to make a move. The creature made a hideous smile with it's teeth shining a bright blood-stained red. It charged and Jakaar jumped over it onto a branch. Before the snake dragon could do anything Jakaar hurled himself onto the dragon. Only able to grab it's neck and it's left arm. As he went in for a bite he felt a deep slash go through his belly. He roared in pain. The creature kicked him in the stomach, making it worse, and fell back hitting the side of a rock on his back. He groaned in pain. As the creature ran to him he saw next to him a broken branch from when the dragoness tore it down. It a quick second to think he grabbed it with his teeth and pointed it toward the charging assailant. Right in time the branched went through the snake dragon's head. Instantly killing it.

Only one more left.

He groaned as he tried to stand up. He looked and noticed he was bleeding badly. It hurt so much. He was about to pass out when he heard from not too far the sound of a huge flame erupting. Was it her? He had to go and find out. Through the pain he galloped on three of his legs, the other keeping his stomach from falling out, and heading toward the sound. There were only three more in the equation, the dragoness, the monster, and him...

...the other monster.

Sarumabi

Post by Sarumabi » August 28th, 2017, 4:13 pm

(Are we waiting on me. If so, I apologize)
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » August 28th, 2017, 4:33 pm

(I'm waiting for you and Aracth, and i guess that jake has to wait for Zeph, and i dunno, Aracth hasn't shown up in days. Maybe he is either busy, camping or on a vacation)

Zephyr

Post by Zephyr » August 29th, 2017, 11:36 am

Vala stayed in her new cave for as long as she was able. The screams of the dying snake dragon rang through her small hiding place and she dug in a little more, or at least felt like she was. Her eyes remained locked onto the entrance waiting for her moment to come and when it did she acted quickly. A head poked up, looking into the cave directly at her. The last Snake dragon find her, its forms clambering over the stone to reach her. Vala's' mouth opened and she unleashed a blast of flame directly at the beasts chest. It seems to spring back as the force threw it into the forest. It screamed and shrieked as it rolled into the dirt trying to extinguish the flames.