Herpy.nu will close down in January 2018 - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018, and years of smear campaigns have given us a reputation that has been hard to shake. We therefore made the choice to close the site and move on to a brighter future. While the forums will be archived as a memory of times of past greatness, new funds have been raised and new admins have been recruited to start working on a entire new community far away from Bad Dragon and any association with that company. The gallery will remain operational in the meantime. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send a PM to Valcyrie.

Herpy have always been my little lovechild since I joined over a decade ago. But he grew up, and as he has aged with dignity its time for his hatchling to take over. A fresh start for a new generation in a new era.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

Land of Elementia- Where Dragons Roam Free (NSFW)

Dwelve into the dark and shrouded parts of role-play with a pink twist? This is the place for you.
Sarumabi

Re: Land of Elementia- Where Dragons Roam Free (NSFW)

Post by Sarumabi » September 14th, 2017, 2:23 am

Latest post of the previous page:

Malyra uncurled feeling refreshed. Sensing a commotion outside of the tree she rushed out bumping down the stairs as she went. Shaking her head to clear the stars she glanced outside and saw the scene before her. Noticing the being from before she bounded over to him and settled down making herself comfy. She noticed the other beings refer to this one as Va-something. She closed her eyes in contentment before she sneezed making a small achoo noise. she new the Va was doing something but she found Va's presence comforting and let her mind wander. She then realized he seemed to be busy so she bounded off into the wilderness to waste the time.
Last edited by Sarumabi on September 15th, 2017, 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

jakethedragon1999
I am a: Author

Post by jakethedragon1999 » September 14th, 2017, 6:00 am

(I am confused Saru about what your character is doing. Who are you healing? Also Valadir has already began healing me but it doesn't find like your helping Zephyr. I understand you were in a rush but I'm lost with your post. If you can re word it or completely retry your entry that would be appreciated.)
If you want to be average do what other people do. If you want to be awesome do what no one else does.

Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Post by Aracth'nil » September 14th, 2017, 2:55 pm

(I dont't think Saru will be on for a while again... also, last post for a week until next Thursday for myself, so just skip me or slow the pace a bit while I'm gone. Don't care which.)
Folloeing Valadir's lead, he wrapped bandages around Vala's wounds, taking care not to injure her further.
"What have you gone through?" he thought to himself, and looked over at Jakaar with questioning eyes, although he knew the other dragon had no hope of answering.
"Somehow, I don't think it was you this time…" he pondered, while settling him down. He seemed too protective of Vala for that. Unless... this was his way of gaining his mate's attention.
After he finished wrapping Vala up, he brought out some food and drink just in case she woke up anytime soon. From how Jakaar had drunk, he had no way of knowing when they had last eaten. Thinking again, he walked back in and fetched some food for the other dragon. Pie somehow didn't seem appropriate, so he took some raw meat, and lightly cooking and warming it with his own fire, lay it down in front of Jakaar. Maybe he would eat, and begin trusting Valadir and himself a bit more. And with trust... there could come communication later.
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Zephyr

Post by Zephyr » September 15th, 2017, 2:07 pm

For the most part while the others tended to the wounded pair Vala stayed quite and asleep. Her body still working to recover from her last adventure. While her wounds were being tended she did shift a little, wing moving to grow more comfortable as her eyelids twitched.

jakethedragon1999

Post by jakethedragon1999 » September 16th, 2017, 4:12 am

Jakaar relaxed more now that she was taken care of. He saw one of the dragons leave. He returned dropping a freshly cooked piece of meat. Jakaar looked up at him and gave a nod of approval. He had put trust in both these strangers and they didn't let him down. He may not understand them or properly communicate with them but it was a start.

He devoured into the meat until it was all gone. His stomach hurt a little as the food arrived at his stomach. He turned to stand up. It hurt a little but he could feel the blood return to his muscles and his strength began to come back to him. Once standing on all fours he turned and inspected his new wound. It wasn't as bad as he was expecting but it was still bad. He sighed. He rubbed his claw over it to see how rough it was. The cauterized skin flaked off making the scar smoother as he rubbed it. It wouldn't be so bad.

He saw that the dragoness was resting. He decided to let the others take care of her. While they did that he was going to make a place for him to stay. He had a feeling he was going to be here a while.
If you want to be average do what other people do. If you want to be awesome do what no one else does.

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » September 16th, 2017, 12:59 pm

In the meanwhile, Valadir mixed what seemed to be some kind of dust with water into an ointment, which he applied into Vala's burnt paw, and then covered it with a leaf in order to prevent her from leaving ointment pawprints when she woke up.
After that, he picked her up and put her on his back and carried her upstairs and nodded to Jakaar in the direction he was going, hoping for him to understand what he was doing. Carrying her upstairs was easy due to her lower height and overall low weight.
Once upstairs, he put her on one of the beds nearer to the stairs, squeezed her like he once wanted and covered with the sheets, trying to leave silently. In a way, he was somewhat surprised that she didn't wake up at all.
Then he returned to the lower floor and laid down near the fire, and took a deep breath. Mission completed.
His eyesight deviated to Jakaar for a second, and in order to not to keep thinking about the beings that wounded them badly, he began to wonder how would it be if he taught him to speak. Seemed capable to do so.
The dragon that inhabited my soul left and now it watches over me.

Sarumabi

Post by Sarumabi » September 16th, 2017, 6:52 pm

Malyra romped around breaking sticks and splashing in puddles. She gathered a few mushrooms here and there and tucked them in her cloak. Lazily watching a blue and green butterfly flit in front of her Malyra chased after it. Thinking back to what she saw before she got bored she noticed the big being there lying down. That was a first for her he normally was very hostile to everything. The butterfly flew off as she thought. Bored again she decided to head back,

Zephyr

Post by Zephyr » September 17th, 2017, 3:22 pm

A couple minutes after Valadir moved her, or maybe hours, Vala woke. She glanced around the room trying to figure out where she was. Her paws felt weird and she noticed the leaves clinging to her, when she sniffed at it she smelt the sharp scent of some ointment. Her body felt a little better from when the dragon had grabbed her. Her eyes snapped open from the haze as she remembered the last thing to happen before she fell asleep. The red and black dragon who tried to kill he managed to grab her. Vala looked over her sides where his claws had gripped her but she didn't see any fresh wounds. Her wound actually seemed to be tended to, her wings were feeling better, although the black bruise on her membrane was still dark and throbbing. After making sure she wasn't in immediate danger Vala carefully stepped out of the room, ready to retreat back in or lash out depending on what came next.

jakethedragon1999

Post by jakethedragon1999 » September 17th, 2017, 7:21 pm

Jakaar only walked out 100 feet until he found what he needed. A huge pit of stackable rocks and stone. He spent the rest of the day retrieving and building a new "cave". He placed the rocks 20 feet away from the others. It was twice as tall and wide as him. He hated small spaces. As the sun began to fall he decided to test. He would check on her tomorrow.

(ANNOUNCEMENT:

This Thursday we will be starting Chapter 2 of the RP. I am going to make requests that day in where this RP is going and what I think we can improve. Since this is the end of the chapter I want everyone that's still around to give some closing remark on the RP so far and also give suggestions you may have in improving it. Get those in by early Thursday at the latest.

*Chapter 2 starts late Thursday.*

Thank you guys so much for everything. I never thought this RP would be such a success. I can't wait for your feedback and what lies ahead for chapter 2)

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » September 17th, 2017, 8:16 pm

(Chapter division? Interested. Mind if i ask if you have a certain length planned?
In my opinion, the beginning and these last bits (from town arrival until now) were the best. The beginning was mostly because of that unknown path ahead. What would be in there, how would we interact with eachother and such, and for me, first NSFW experience, and the recent events were fun as hell to write and read, although the storyline between you and Zeph felt kind of long.
The innards of the sandwich were kind of meh in my opinion. There were times in which i felt we weren't going anywhere and a lot of posts got trapped in there and that felt kind of dull, BUT that doesn't mean that there wasn't some good stuff in there. Always wanted to explore more of the backstory of these guys in order to not make them look like entities that came out of nowhere to come here. (Although that may just be me as i cared to at least make some for mine). Tried to be as constructive as possible
And remember that Aracth comes back on thursday, so with timezones and such he may reply on friday
Always a pleasure to be in here all the same!)
Valadir seemed to have fallen asleep by the fire, and thus he didn't really notice Jakaar leaving, only him closing the door. Although it was more like a nap than a full sleep, as the sun was starting to hide over the horizon. It hadn't passed more than a few hours.
He then went upstairs to check on Vala, only to find her in the hallway.
"How are you holding up? What happened out there?"
Last edited by 64Dragonheart64 on September 18th, 2017, 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The dragon that inhabited my soul left and now it watches over me.

Sarumabi

Post by Sarumabi » September 18th, 2017, 2:13 am

(I feel as if i did poorly in this all as I am not the best writer. I also have kept my posts pretty short and feel like i can improve but it might not happen in my current situation and schedule. I do hope that I can get better and I thank all of you for helping me when I rush things and mess up when i post. Recently, I have not really had the time to read as I cannot set aside a lot of my time to this. I will stay here but I may drop out. I really wish to stay but the amount of time I have now is not making it ideal. Cheers to chapter 2 though.)

jakethedragon1999

Post by jakethedragon1999 » September 18th, 2017, 12:40 pm

(I appreciate your comments guys and yes I understand the time zone thing is different for aracthnil. I don't have a planned out page limit or anything, I do however plan to use chapters as soft reboots of the RP. It gives us a chance to set new goals and help characters transition in and out of the RP (ex:if Saru wishes to leave). One day though this rp will get stale, period. And when it does I will end the RP. But for now, I appreciate the responses and can't wait to plan out the next chapter. I think you'll like what I have in mind.)

jakethedragon1999

Post by jakethedragon1999 » September 22nd, 2017, 1:07 am

( Land of Elementia - Chapter 2: Whispers from the Past

This chapter is going to be focused on developing our characters back stories through "fireside chats" if you will. We will be spending chapter 2 together learning more about ourselves and growing together as a group. W will all remain at the campsite building character and readying for the adventures ahead. This can lead to me learning to fit in to a family, and for other possible storylines you wish to set up. This chapter will also allow anyone who wishes to leave the RP for a period of time to do so now at the beginning.

My goals for this chapter are:

-Backstories for all characters
-Better use of our elemental powers. ( I noticed that was hardly ever touched on in chapter 1)
-More NSFW if it serves a narrative story. (ex: romantic or personal time for your character)
-Set up for Chapter 3's exploration of the New Land.

Since I want to give time for everyone to see this and be prepared I will post the start of Chapter 2 tomorrow afternoon. If you have any questions please PM them (not in this forum) to me.

Again, if you need to leave the RP for any reason please let me know ASAP that way we can prepare for your absence in the RP.

Thank you,
JTD
)