Herpy.nu forums are still not fully operational. To stay updated, follow me at https://twitter.com/ValkyrianArts

The Herpy caves

Dwelve into the dark and shrouded parts of role-play with a pink twist? This is the place for you.
Xasin

The Herpy caves

Post by Xasin » July 9th, 2016, 10:43 am

Hey everyone!
Since the role-playing section still is a biiit empty, and we need to raise the level of lewd (lol, hehe), I decided to try something myself..

This isn't really a typical RP where I have a specific idea of what to do next, but instead, it should just be for those who enjoy hanging out in dragon form :P
It is, in fact, more or less both an experiment of me, as I want to see how it is to host a Roleplay, and should also be a relaxed environment for those who want to try out a step up from the usual PM or IM RPs to something a bit bigger, without having to work out a specific character, or worry about complex background story!

Anyhow!
What's the deal here? Well, we need a place to hang out obviously!
And a cave is a perfect place for such.

Since we moved in recently obviously it's still empty, but do feel free to add some furniture.
I think I'll try to write down the current state of the cave here, to make it easier to follow what's going on for the ones that want to sweep in later!

Any specific rules?
Well... Not really.
Be nice to each other, try to leave some time between messages for others to react too and... Should things get a bit messy, clean up afterwards :P
This RP should be a relaxed one, suitable for experienced an inexperienced RPers alike, and should have a comfy atmosphere to it!

The current situation looks like:
- A cave
- Branching away from it, three tunnels of which two are yet to be explored.The one that was letting hot air rise led to an underground water cavern, however, it was deemed unsafe due to large quantities of metal that seem to react with water! One of the exits to that cave has collapsed, and is currently trapping Maz and Zephyr!

Post order:
- Xasin
- Tsidia
- Mazrogal
- Zephyr
- Sil'thaera

Want to join in?
Sure thing! Just send me a PM so that I can make sure that we get your character inserted in a smooth way.
It'd be nice if you have a somewhat well-developed character, but it doesn't need an extensive backstory.

Anyhow! How about a first post to kick things into action?

*Xasin swooped down from the heights he used to travel longer distances, targeting the new home cave that was selected after the old one had to be abandoned due to various problems.
He was quite glad that selecting a new location had been done so fast, and couldn't wait to once more sprawl out with various other dragons and related species!

As he reached the cave then though he stopped, standing at the entrance to see that... It was completely empty.
"Must be the first ...", he thought to himself but decided to use the opportunity to go and explore.

Quickly he decided that the new place would be quite suitable, since as he entered he could look down deep into what seemed like old lava tubes, caving down into the ground and opening many paths to things that had yet to be discovered!
The main cave, which was easily found by going down the short tube of the entrance, was large and spacious, with enough room for most dragons, and its walls were lined with crystals that seemed to fluoresce at his light. The temperature was warmer than expected, maybe due to still nearby magma, and it seemed like a gentle breeze kept the air fresh, as when he came in it luckily did not smell of ... Well, old cave.

Happy to see such a wonderful place Xasin decided to sit down nearby the entrance, watching out for any new dragons that might join him soon, and maybe even using his luminescent fur as a beacon to make it easier for others to spot the new location.*
Last edited by Xasin on August 21st, 2017, 10:46 am, edited 27 times in total.
Not just dreaming is what I strive to do, but just as much to be the one to make them reality

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Mazrogal

Re: The Herpy caves

Post by Mazrogal » July 10th, 2016, 12:16 pm

(hmm nice idea Xasin i guess i give my best shot at RP also was ages ago i last RPed but i always love RPG games! )

*Having been in the air for the most part of the whole day the flying was taking its toll on Mazrogal's stamina his wing strength fading slower with each passing beat of his heart, his thoughts only about rest and food for the moment*.

''Should find a place to rest soon..'' *The drake thought quickly as he spotted a cave in the distance and swooped down to lower heights so that he could easier find a good landing spot. Seeing a nearby good spot in front of the cave, he placed his claws forward and swooped down landing a a bit from the cave as his wings flapped backwards as he slowed down as his claws finally gripped the dirt and he landed like a eagle*

''Oh seems i'm not the only one here''
*He said with a smile as he spotted another dragon in front of the new herpy cave, He tugged the wings neatly to either side of him as he started walking towards the red dragon his tail swaying gently behind him as he got closer he bowed his head in respect towards the other dragon and introduced himself*

Hello fellow dragon! *he said after having bowed in respect* '' I'm Mazrogal Blackwing, And who do i have the honor to speak with?'' *he said with a smile across his tired features*
''Life is a struggle sometimes just push through and fight never give up''

My steamprofile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mazrogal Feel free to send a friend request^^

Xasin

Post by Xasin » July 10th, 2016, 6:15 pm

(Oh don't worry about it, your RP style is actually pretty good in my opinion ^^)

Xasin had almost fallen asleep as he had been waiting for anyone coming in, though was quickly and abruptly woken by a strong gust of wind, making him almost jump up and squeak.

"Gh..Wha... O-Oh, hello!", he said, having listened to Mazrogal introduce himself.
"I'm Xasin .. Uh .. No last name that I know of. It is a pleasure meeting you!"
As he spoke he had raised himself from the ground, imitating the bowing gesture of the other dragon so that he would not be impolite .. He hoped.

"You seem to be the only one ... ?
Haven't you seen any other dragons? I know it has been a while since the last time we were able to come together in peace, so I can understand if some moved to other regions ... But hey, the hope dies last."
Not just dreaming is what I strive to do, but just as much to be the one to make them reality

Hidden Content

Mazrogal

Post by Mazrogal » July 10th, 2016, 11:02 pm

*After hearing the red dragon's name Mazrogal nodded once more in respect and said* ''Xasin? i will remember that name i always try my best to remember names of fellow dragon's '' *he said while stretching his wings for a bit* '' And no sadly i did not see anyone else while i was flying over to this new cave system, but hopefully Valcyrie and the other will come later''

''So how is the new cave is it big enough to fit everyone?'' *he said looking around behind Xasin into the great cave*

''And most importantly does it have some nice lava or warm spring water to bathe in and get rid of all the dirt in between my scales?'' He said shaking off some dust from his wings''

My steamprofile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mazrogal Feel free to send a friend request^^

Xasin

Post by Xasin » July 10th, 2016, 11:58 pm

Xasin lowered his head a bit and sighed.
"Mhm ... I see ...
W-Well, let's do hope that they are doing fine, and will come over soon", he replied to Mazrogal.

At his inquiry about the size of the new cave, Xasin though cheered up, and with a grin began to walk towards one of the few branching tunnels from the main cave.
"To be quite honest ... I have no idea about any of that!
I haven't explored much further down these, but judging by the warmth here there must be some magma left over ... And if we are lucky, the cave is connected to some spring, so we maybe will be able to find some water, but ... That I am not sure about."

He then looked down at one of the entrances, from which slightly hotter air seemed to rise.
"If you want though we can go out and try to find something ... Though I'd rather be here and welcome any newcomers."

Hidden Content

Mazrogal

Post by Mazrogal » July 11th, 2016, 10:38 am

*Mazrogal having listened closely to Xasin's wise words he nods in understanding* ''That seems like a big cave indeed. but yeah its better if we wait and see if any others show up'' * he said before going away to a nearby rock in front of the cave and laid himself out wings and hind legs resting on the ground as he looked away in the distance*

''I just stay here and keep ya company as well Xasin and wait for more to arrive'' * he said with a happy smile before laying down his snout in between his fore paws to get some rest while they wait*

Xasin

Post by Xasin » July 11th, 2016, 12:24 pm

Xasin nodded in agreement and decided to settle down next to Mazrogal, once more attempting to maybe get some dragon's attention by flickering his luminescent fur.

"Mhm ... Until then however, why not tell me something about you?
Or, actually I could also tell you stuff about me ... Your choice I suppose, but talking might be better than waiting in silence, right?"

Hidden Content

Mazrogal

Post by Mazrogal » July 11th, 2016, 2:41 pm

*looks at Xasin's questioning snout and said gently* ''Well hmm not much to say i'm a black drake, with a kind spirit and heart. I only kill when needed for food otherwise i love animals, and i always make sure the prey don't suffer or play around with it like gryphon's do'' * he said while looking around a bit over the horizon* ''I don't remember much about my days as hatch ling, only that my mother wished i was never born, still one thing that keeps me from having contact with her i departed in anger and doubt i ever will see her again, my father helped me a great deal raising me when i was young'' *He said looking back at Xasin*

''how about you?, i've never seen a luminescent dragon before but then again there is many different kinds of dragons out there in this amazing world'' *he finished his question by breathing in a fresh batch of mountain air in his lungs, before breathing out calmly*

Xasin

Post by Xasin » July 11th, 2016, 5:47 pm

Xasin listened calmly to Mazrogal's story, relaxing on the floor and only lazily looking up as he waited some more, before after some time replying:
"Mhm ... I see. You must have had quite a hard time as a young dragon ... But .. You seem to have coped well. Otherwise you probably wouldn't be here.", he said, chuckling a bit.
"So ... what happened to your father?"

As then Maz' asked him about himself he lit up his fur a bit, almost slightly show-offy.
With a giggle he answered: "Mhhr... Do you enjoy it?
I .. Honestly do not know all that much about why I got this glowy fur ... Though I have found it do be somewhat linked to .. Uh ... Certain feelings, so in some way I can guess what it's for ...". He blushed and looked aside for a moment, before continuing after taking a short breath.
"But it has some neat other uses too! It's nice to see in dark caves, and I even think that my eyes fit the light color, so I can see that blue especially well.

But ... Apart from that, I don't think there's much to say about me."
He shrugged and relaxed again, stretching out once more in the wait for some other creature to fly by.

Hidden Content

Zephyr

Post by Zephyr » July 11th, 2016, 11:43 pm

Zephyr zips through the air, eye scanning the ground for a possible meal. He catches a blur of deer prancing through the woods at an impressive speed. The dragon tilts his blue wings and rushes after them. The decent and flapping of his large wings generates more speed than he cared for and while he caught up to the beasts in no time it would be very hard to stop.

His claws reach down and pluck two deer, one in each paw as he soars over them. Without warning the wall of a mountain appeared before him. Panicked, Zephyr extends both wings to slow himself when he spots a cave large enough for him. While screeching though the air he aim his body at the cave and at the last second folds both wings against his body, shooting though the hole. He thought he may have seen one or two other creatures near the mouth on his way in for a split second.

Once on the other side Zephyr snaps his wings back open and beats them hard to slow himself down. His claws brace himself against a stone wall, both deer falling from his grasp. One was killed while he gripped it tightly, his claws slicing into it's hear. The other gets back up and lets out a cry of fear as it tries to runs for it. "Shut up!" Zephyr hisses and whips his tail at it. There was a sharp crack as he snapped the creatures neck. Zephyr shakes himself off and gathers the dead animals around him before looks around the spacious cave.

Xasin

Post by Xasin » July 12th, 2016, 12:21 am

"Hey, uh ... Maz?"
Xasin suddenly looked up, seeming both confused, and even mildly worried.
"Is... That dragon over there coming here a bit ... to quickly?"

He had spotted the hunting dragon a short while ago, but only now was the quick movement getting suspicious ... And it seemed like whoever was flying was not fully aware of his surroundings either!

"Oh crap MAZ WATCH OUT!"
He lunged forwards just seconds before Zephyr came crashing in, getting himself and Mazrogal out of the way of the speeding dragon, even if it was just for safety.

Groaning a bit, he slowly raised himself again after having tumbled down the hill slightly, shaking some dust off of him and murring.
"Who was that ...", he asked, more to himself than to Mazrogal, and slowly came climbing back up towards the entrance of the cave.

"Hello? Uh ... Are you ok?"

Hidden Content

Mazrogal

Post by Mazrogal » July 12th, 2016, 12:11 pm

*having barely enough time to evade the crashing dragon, but avoiding any injury thanks to Xasin's quick intervention Mazrogal shaked his head clearly* ''wha...what the fuzz happened?'' *Looking hazily, and spotting another dragon mazrogal said*

''And who's the dragon who cant properly land...?! *he mumbled for himself as he climbed up with Xasin towards the entrance to try and get a look at what being was disturbing his peace''

*As Xasin asked how the clumsy dragon was feeling Mazrogal shakes some dirt of his scales and mumbled some profanity and walked to sit beside the cave entrance clearly a bit annoyed but calmed himself after a while as Xasin kept waiting for a reply from the other dragon who was busy with two deers it seemed*