Please note that the Herpy.nu vBulletin forums are now closed and archived - the forums have now moved to Discord.

Herpy had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the old forum design is unappealing and no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational. You can follow me on Twitter for future developments. We now have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

The Herpy caves

Dwelve into the dark and shrouded parts of role-play with a pink twist? This is the place for you.
Sil'thaera

Re: The Herpy caves

Post by Sil'thaera » April 1st, 2017, 10:54 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

(short post)

Sil'thaera frowned, looking at the wall of fallen rock in front of her.

"It does look a bit unstable," she agreed, "Maybe I could... I could try to freeze some it together?"

She looked back at the pool as another idea came to her.

"Or I could see if a tunnel opened under the water? It looks lower to me... There might be a way out that way... "
"May your dragonfire burn brightly." - Sil'thaera

https://www.furaffinity.net/user/sil-thaera/ ---> My FurAffinity page (may contain NSFW content)

Angel

Post by Angel » April 7th, 2017, 6:03 am

Frowning, Angel then forms a clear and simple message like "Please, stand by..." with suggestive properties and sends it to Sil telepathically. All which others actually can't see but after they hear him say "Sure, I can hear you clear enough but you can't hear me."
Next he's assessing the situation and his options to the others "So, what I have? Small fusion cutter, deuterium infused plastic explosives..." chuckles "Well that really isn't recommended, which reminds me. You..." raises his voice but perhaps the tone is rather apathetic "what was you thinking? We could have died here." Then he switches to x-ray view and turns on the respective emitter to see through rock and partially organic tissue assessing damage, hopefully no casualties. (So Xasin, I guess now it's time for showdown because he'll probably notice anything interesting withing reasonable 40 meters through solid rock, ofc more if it's filled with air bubbles, water whatever is "easy" to see through, Feel free to correct me on using it or whatever he might be allowed to find out, you post what he sees)
Angel
Tulpa.info advisor for Herpy.nu on tulpa phenomenon

Xasin

Post by Xasin » April 11th, 2017, 10:10 pm

((Well so much for me having more time ...
Yeah, looks like my robot and exams managed to get the better of me. D:
Don't worry, I'm gonna put this on a higher priority for me soon, once I manage to just fix Notos (the robot :3) up for the next competition. It's all in a somewhat tight timeframe ... sigh ))

Xasin nodded a bit - despite Mazrogal obviously not seeing it - before answering:
"Yeah, I ... "
He paused for a moment as he looked up at the wall again.
"I think this isn't going to work, no ... You three need to find a way out of there - Angel might be able to use his fancy stuff for that.
Me and Sil are going to try and do the same. We still have the main entrance, but ... I'm not leaving you guys in there."

Slowly, as the adrenaline started to wear off, Xasin began to calm down again.
Taking a step back from the wall he then spoke to Sil:
"I don't know if your ice will hold it together for long enough. Even worse, what if it trips off more of the blue metal?
We don't know what it reacts with - magic, water, fire ... But it's dangerous..."

He took a deep breath.
"I shouldn't have guided you in here without knowing the region, should I ...

Anyhow ... You ... You go and have a look at if there is some new opening down there. Maybe we're lucky, after all."

((Right, so ...
Angel, your tech is still pretty much within reason. I do NOT think that the surrounding rock will just be filled with air or water - it'll be pretty solid material.
For now there isn't anything more that you can find except the usual materials, and some more traces of this "energetic" stone, but not in any larger quantity.))
Not just dreaming is what I strive to do, but just as much to be the one to make them reality

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Xasin

Post by Xasin » April 26th, 2017, 9:42 pm

((Double-Posting to keep the RP going.
I am terribly sorry for loosing my sight over this RP - My current situation is a bit very busy and turbulent, and I lost a bit of track on how this here was going.

Since I myself lost track, I'll excuse Mazrogal's lack of answer - don't worry.
I'll give him until next Saturday before we skip him.))
Not just dreaming is what I strive to do, but just as much to be the one to make them reality

Hidden Content

Zephyr

Post by Zephyr » May 6th, 2017, 10:11 am

Zephyr listens to the exchanged between the human and Xasin. "I suppose we'd better get a move on then, I wouldn't want to stay here in case the rest of this tunnel feels like dropping on us. He turns to makes his way deeper, glancing back to confirm Angel was following as well.

Sil'thaera

Post by Sil'thaera » May 8th, 2017, 9:53 pm

Sil listened to Xasin, frowning a bit.

"I guess you're right," she admitted, "Better safe than sorry; I wouldn't want to set off another fall."

She slithered closer to the water, which was murkier than before, but that didn't worry her; her eyes were excellent at seeing in the dark, especially underwater.

"Alright, I'm going in. I'll let you know what I find..."

With barely a ripple, she slipped into the water, letting herself sink down as her eyes scanned the murk...

https://www.furaffinity.net/user/sil-thaera/ ---> My FurAffinity page (may contain NSFW content)

Xasin

Post by Xasin » May 15th, 2017, 11:43 pm

((Gha ...
Right, this time I was waiting for Angel to make his turn - but from what I can tell he has been banned ... ?
Which is a bit of an unfortunate situation for me since I will have to remove him somehow from the RP.
I am really sorry for all of these holdups, it's just a couple of rather inconvenient things falling together. But story-wise I'm actually really happy with how things are developing, and I am sure that once things get going more fluently it'll be really interesting to see how this further unfolds!

I'll most likely do my turn in a day, once I've come up with a good idea for how to continue now. Also Mazrogal, if you read this ... Do respond please. It would be good to know if you're still actively participating.))

Hidden Content

Xasin

Post by Xasin » May 20th, 2017, 8:42 pm

Xasin growled more, left alone in the dark for a while as Sil slipped into the waters.
"Be carefu..l", he wanted to add, but the naga was most likely not able to hear him down there.

In the mean time, he began to look around the cave, trying to make out how much had been damaged - and if the entrance in the top of the cave was still open.
Unable to spot anything specific that far up, even with his luminescent mane doing its best, he decided he had to fly up there and get a better view. He took a step back, readying himself to jump up ... As a sudden rumble in the ground shook him and made him loose balance.

A loud, sudden cracking noise followed as part of the unstable wall above the collapsed entrance began to weaken. Before he could react, a second section broke off from the wall, shifting downwards. A cloud of dust filled the air, but already he was rushing to the collapsed entrance.

"MAZ?", he screamed out.
"Angel! Zephyr!"

It was hardly possible for him to be heard through the noise of falling rubble, and even less likely for him to hear something. In shock he had to sit there to process what had just happened, waiting for the noise to calm down again, and for any signs of life from the other side.

---

What he couldn't see was that a major part of the tunnel right at the entrance had collapsed - though the collapse had not progressed very far in.
Both Mazrogal and Zephyr, who had both progressed further down the tunnel, would have only been hit by smaller rocks - though the noise and dust would cause them bigger problems for a bit.

Angel, however, had not been so lucky. Although he too had walked deeper down the tunnel with the others, he had halted for a moment, inspecting some unusual mineral that his scans had shown him.
His suit had seemingly protected him from the worst, but the shock must have knocked him out, as he just laid there, unresponsive, between some of the stones that had fallen down.

Suddenly a loud, blaring noise filled the tunnel - not coming from the rocks, but the suit instead.

" Warning - Life threatening condition detected", a metallic sounding voice announced,
" Emergency extraction started - please stay clear."

Without any further notice, a sudden bright light shone from the suit's visor, temporarily blinding the two dragons there. As they looked back, the suit was still there, unchanged ... yet under closer inspection, Angel himself was no more present. Something his technology seemed to have moved him away.

What was interesting however was that his visor was still active. The last thing he seemed to had on was the material scanner.
Although it did not seem particularly useful at first, but should either of the two examine it a bit more they would notice it outlining the rough path of the tunnels - not just the one they were in, but a couple others nearby!

Now that the noises had calmed down some more, Xasin's voice could finally be heard from where Maz and Zephyr where.
"Please ... If you can hear me, answer!
What happened over there!"

((Sil don't worry, your tunnel will have stayed stable for long enough for you to swim back - but whether or not you found a way through to the others, that too will have collapsed for now.

I had to remove Angel from the posting round, and I did not want to just kill him off - this is a bit more interesting, without breaking his character too much. Additional bonus: You guys on the cut-off size of the tunnel now have a small scanner with you that will allow you to at least somewhat see where to go.

I really hope this is a good continuation of the RP, despite the recent sluggishness, and the forced removal of Angel.))

Hidden Content

Mazrogal

Post by Mazrogal » May 27th, 2017, 11:03 am

As Mazrogal and Zephyr where walking further down the tunnel they where interrupted as another collapse happened. They had barely enough time to hear Xasins muffled cry as they both had to run away further to avoid getting killed, At the same time they both got blinded out of nowhere, And due to being disoriented from the weird Sunlight Mazrogal roared in pain because a rock tore through his wing membrane and another one through his wing bone and badly damaged his left wing before they got to safety. In the middle of this

After a few seconds that more felt like minutes and as they where catching their breath, Mazrogal grunted as pain seethed through him with a terrible intensity and as he looked on his left he could see the source of it being his left ruined wing.

''f--fuck!...... This is why i hate caves.... Guess i'm not flying for a w-w-while''

He said with a ragged breath and his eyes blinking from the pain as he looked at zephyr

''You ok zeph? and where is Angel?!''

He said as he also looked around worried wondering where angel was and seeing just a empty kind of suit and something flashing next to it on the ground

''Hmm he left is flashy device behind him''
''Life is a struggle sometimes just push through and fight never give up''

My steamprofile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mazrogal Feel free to send a friend request^^

Zephyr

Post by Zephyr » June 1st, 2017, 10:21 am

Zephyr held his wings around his body, the smaller rocks bouncing off his scales and causing at best a minimal annoyance. He turns in surpise when his companion lets out a cry. Zephyr notices the tear in his wing and rushed over to check for any more damage. "We should probably get out of this section as quickly as possible. He tells Maz, only just realize Angel was gone. He moved over to grab at the flashy device and examined it, watching Maz and waiting for him to move out of this section of the cave.

Sil'thaera

Post by Sil'thaera » June 3rd, 2017, 4:46 pm

Swimming underwater, Sil felt the water ripple around her; she frowned a bit, but continued downwards, thinking that she'd seen something on the floor, a crack or two that could lead somewhere else.

Her ears picked up faint rumbling, distorted through the water, and the rippling feeling grew stronger around her.

She sensed something moving towards her from above, and twisted away just in time to avoid a large rock hitting her, bubbles marking its fall.

*Not another quake!* she thought, as she burst up to the surface, avoiding more rockfall as she splashed out on the shore.

"Xasin! Are you all right? What happened?" she called out, moving towards him.

Xasin

Post by Xasin » June 5th, 2017, 8:38 pm

As the naga burst out of the water, the furred dragon was still hammering a paw against the rocks, desperately trying to get a clear answer.
"SIL!", he exclaimed as he noticed her, and that she was safe - at least one of the others, he thought, relieved to see her.

"There ... There was ..."
He failed to continue, having to take a moment to just process what had happened.
"I don't know if they are still ok over there ... I ... I h-heard some screams from the other side, but nothing else yet ...
O-Oh god ..."

He seemed about about to sob, but took a deep breath to pull himself back together. With newfound energy he stepped up to the stone wall again, and shouted:
"ANGEL, MAZ, ZEPHYR!
Anyone! If you can hear this, PLEASE answer!"

Hidden Content

Mazrogal

Post by Mazrogal » June 10th, 2017, 5:49 pm

*Mazrogal not hearing Xasins cry and paw banging on the wall for help due to the huge stone rumble separating the two groups now listens to Zephyrs advice and nods*

''Yeah we should try find another way back to Xasin and Sil who know's how many passages there is in this mountain but i'm sure we can find a way to get there with this flashy thing Angel left behind''

*he said pointing his nose at the thing Zephyr was holding in his paw*

''Do you even know how it works? Maybe it can help us reunite with our friends later? and don't worry about my left wing it will heal over time most of the pain is subsiding. Let's just try find a way out of here cause that latest quake has made it impossible to dig and we don't wanna risk any more tunnel collapses''
''Life is a struggle sometimes just push through and fight never give up''

My steamprofile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mazrogal Feel free to send a friend request^^