Please note that the Herpy.nu vBulletin forums are now closed and archived - the forums have now moved to Discord.

Herpy had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the old forum design is unappealing and no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational. You can follow me on Twitter for future developments. We now have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

The Herpy caves

Dwelve into the dark and shrouded parts of role-play with a pink twist? This is the place for you.
Mazrogal

Re: The Herpy caves

Post by Mazrogal » June 10th, 2017, 5:49 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

*Mazrogal not hearing Xasins cry and paw banging on the wall for help due to the huge stone rumble separating the two groups now listens to Zephyrs advice and nods*

''Yeah we should try find another way back to Xasin and Sil who know's how many passages there is in this mountain but i'm sure we can find a way to get there with this flashy thing Angel left behind''

*he said pointing his nose at the thing Zephyr was holding in his paw*

''Do you even know how it works? Maybe it can help us reunite with our friends later? and don't worry about my left wing it will heal over time most of the pain is subsiding. Let's just try find a way out of here cause that latest quake has made it impossible to dig and we don't wanna risk any more tunnel collapses''
''Life is a struggle sometimes just push through and fight never give up''

My steamprofile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mazrogal Feel free to send a friend request^^

Zephyr

Post by Zephyr » June 12th, 2017, 10:25 am

Zephyr examined the device but couldn't figure out what it did or how it worked. "I don't even know what this is, let just keep walking down the tunnels and maybe find out way back." Zephyr explained before turning to look down the only way out and moving forward, teh flashing device still pulsing in his paw.

Sil'thaera

Post by Sil'thaera » June 15th, 2017, 7:34 pm

Sil slithered next to Xasin, putting a paw on his shoulder.

"Calm down, Xas," she said softly, "Just take a few breaths and slow down. Maybe they can't hear you just yet, with all the dust and rumbles going around...

"I have an idea...

"Should I try sending out a telepathic call?"

(sorry for the wait, just been busy)
"May your dragonfire burn brightly." - Sil'thaera

https://www.furaffinity.net/user/sil-thaera/ ---> My FurAffinity page (may contain NSFW content)

Xasin

Post by Xasin » June 20th, 2017, 9:54 pm

The dragon, still seeming like he was in distress, twitched back as he felt Sil's paw on his shoulder, even hissing a bit.
Her words, however, did seem to reach him, as he quickly calmed down enough to take a deep breath.

"Y-Yeah, it ...
They're just ... A bit distant, that's probably it."
Slowly he seemed to recover, his breathing slowing down again.

"Tell me if you can reach something, ok?
I ... Really want to know if they survi...", he paused for a moment,
"If they are alright."

As Sil concentrated on reaching the others through her telepathic powers, Xasin looked up along the walls, flickering his luminescent lights to see if the cave entrance they had come from was still alright.
Luckily, the damage had not reached it - yet. And for now, the cave seemed to have stabilized.

"...
You know", Xasin started, talking to Sil,
"... I-It's weird how quiet it is so suddenly ...

.. Did you hear anything back yet?"

((Maz, Zephyr, I think it's safe to assume that you can "feel" Sil reaching out to you, and thusly you can try to answer back - then Sil can directly write out whether or not she reached you in her post, instead of having to wait for Sil to write what she says to you, then you answering, etc. etc.))
Not just dreaming is what I strive to do, but just as much to be the one to make them reality

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Mazrogal

Post by Mazrogal » June 30th, 2017, 12:51 pm

(ok sry for late post forgot to check if it was my turn :p )

*As they are walking down the tunnel Mazrogal slightly behind Zephyr, Mazrogal hears a faint voice inside his head that he recognizes as Sil'thaera's asking if anyone is alive*

*Putting himself in a mental focus state closing his eyes gently and ignoring the pain from his ruined wing Mazrogal reaches out too Sil'thaera and replies*

''We are...Ok... My left wing is ruined so wont fly for a while until its healed, Zephyr is here with me also no sight of Angel was just a armor left where he stod but Zephyr got hold of some shining beeping thing and we are currently walking forward to see if there is any exit or crosspath up ahead, Will try reach out more times as we progress but....its hard to focus at the mo..ment''

*Mazrogal loses his focus due to pain and snaps back to reality opening his eyes and looking at zephyr before saying*

''I managed to get a telepathic signal from Sil, But i couldn't keep my focus longer then saying that we are alright and trying to find a exit and that Angel is gone, Maybe you can try reach her Zephyr? i'm in to much pain at the moment to be able to hold a signal up for long i need a clear state of mind to keep it up for a long time''

(hope this is alright^^)

My steamprofile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mazrogal Feel free to send a friend request^^

Zephyr

Post by Zephyr » July 15th, 2017, 3:20 am

Zephyr waited patiently while Maz had his eyes shut and seemed to stand in a trance for a couple seconds. When the explanation is brought forth the dragon's interest grew quite a bit more. "Well I can certainly try, I've never really done anything like that before." He glanced around to first make sure none of the wall or ceiling was set to fall on him before replying, while he worked to make the connection sparks of energy jumped from horn to horn and spike to spike along his body.

"So we're stuck on the other side of the cave in. Not sure if we can even get back to you but Maz seems to think we can so for the moment I'll go along with it. The other one is missing as well but I have some of his tech, no clue what its used for but it's beeping so that's something." He tried to picture the small beeping thing, hoping Sil could see it as well. "We should get moving now, I'll try to keep you up to date if anything new shows up." He broke the connection abruptly. The jumping sparks dissipated and he looked to Maz. "Well I think we've wasting enough time here, are you ready to keep going?"

Sil'thaera

Post by Sil'thaera » July 18th, 2017, 5:01 am

Sil was quiet, "listening" for a reply from the two drakes; she sighed with relief as they replied, frowning a bit at their words, but happy that they were both alive.

"Maz seems to have hurt his wing, but he's okay otherwise," she told Xasin, "And Zephyr is unhurt... But it sounds like Angel is gone. They just found his armour, empty; Zephyr took something from it. They'll both keep moving forward in their tunnel, and will let me know what they find."

She grinned and nuzzled Xasin.

"See? Things are looking up! Now let's find a way out and see if we can join them!"

https://www.furaffinity.net/user/sil-thaera/ ---> My FurAffinity page (may contain NSFW content)

Xasin

Post by Xasin » July 19th, 2017, 10:15 pm

Xasin paced up and down the cave as he waited for Sil's reply, murring and even whimpering a bit.

Her reply made him sit down and listen closely, and the news of Maz and Zephyr being alive and well seemed to calm him down a lot again.
However, the strange news about Angel left him confused.

"What ... Do you mean, he's gone?", he asked with a worried tone,
"As in ... Bodily gone?
How did that ... "

The dragon murred, but then quickly sighed and took a deep breath.
"Something with his technology must have happened. Let's hope he's alright ...
And also that whatever they have there can help them... "

He seemed to smile some more, and as he felt Sil's cool scales nuzzle his cheek his mood brightened visibly.
With a nod, he shook his wings clean from some of the dust that had settled on them and looked up to the cave entrance.

"Up ... I think that is where we should be heading now.
I really hope we can all get out of these caves before anything more happens...
Ready to fly?"

((Alright, looks like things are moving forwards!
I want to have one more round of us travelling up to the surface, but then I can mix things up a bit.
A new person has asked to enter this RP, and I have a somewhat nice way of adding them to it!
Also, FYI, in Zephyr's post, you two shall find a recently collapsed cave entrance that blocks the only path you found upwards, while I and Sil will get to the main cave unharmed.

You'll see where I take things from there ^^))
Not just dreaming is what I strive to do, but just as much to be the one to make them reality

Hidden Content

Mazrogal

Post by Mazrogal » July 22nd, 2017, 11:47 am

(cool always nice to see new people join our lovely RP! ^^)

*Nodding at Zephyrs words the two of them started too check around for a viable exit out of here since the one behind them where full of rocks and rubble thanks to the collapse earlier*

''Well lets try and find a way out of here Zephyr only way out is probably forward since yeah this tunnel network seems vast''

(sry for short post will make it longer later but you kinda confused me with last part of your post Xasin from what i understand it means Zephyr finds another blocked exit? and we try find a 3rd exit or something?)

Zephyr

Post by Zephyr » July 22nd, 2017, 9:19 pm

Zephyr dips his head before moving forward down the tunnel, his wingtip scrap the side of the tunnel leaving a gash in the wall. He was refraining to light up any more of the metal in case it discharged again. Occasionally he'd look back on his companion, not wanting to leave him behind if the injuries took a turn for the worse.

"I'm not sure how far in we're going to need to go, or if there is another way out this way." He told Maz, another tunnel forked off from the one they were on, Zephyr placed a claw on a thin vein of metal and charged it slightly. A soft glow shot down the tunnel wall briefly lighting up the new tunnel for the pair.

Sil'thaera

Post by Sil'thaera » July 26th, 2017, 8:09 pm

Sil grinned as Xas seemed to brighten up.

"That's the spirit!" she said, giving her own wings a good shake and stretch, before rising into the air, circling low as she looked down at the drake.

"Let's see where our wings carry us," she called down, "I'll follow your lead."

(also yay new player!)

Xasin

Post by Xasin » July 28th, 2017, 9:59 am

Xasin smiled as he watched Sil fly up with newfound motivation.
Quickly he himself sprang up, flying next to the naga for a moment as he answered her.

"Alright ...
Then come along!", he said, almost chuckling happily, as he boosted himself up towards the original cave entrance with a strong flap of his wings.

(( About to do a bit of Godmodding here to get us into the right situation, but I just want to move a few characters around ^^'))

Xasin and Sil quickly found their way back through the tunnels. The dragon's luminescent fur and good eyes helped, and to their luck, none of the tunnels they had to traverse looked damaged or about to collapse.
Still, Xasin urged them to go on forwards fast.
"We don't know how deep those veins went ... And what else could happen.
So ... Let's just try to get back to the cave quickly, alright?", he explained.

As he and Sil made their way through the tunnels, Zephyr and Mazrogal had less luck.
The few branching paths they had found quickly turned out to mostly be dead ends, and so they followed along the only long tunnel. The device, luckily, was able to discern between such a dead end or way and managed to give them at least some bearings, but things looked grim as it displayed an end to also this tunnel ...
From what they could tell and see as they reached this end, it was a collapsed wall. The tunnel continued on just a meter or two after, but they would have to dig out the materials, possibly even risk another collapse because of that.

"Where do you think they are ...", Xasin asked Sil. The two had reached the cave a couple of minutes ago, but with no signs of Maz and Zephyr.
The main cave seemed fine, and it would continue to be a suitable place to be - but that was not enough to cheer Xasin up.

Maz and Zephyr had been discussing what they should do. There was no other way they could take, except one that branched off far behind them, and it would take time to get back there. If THAT one led to an opening, or if it was just another dead end, they didn't know...
Before they could come to a conclusion, however, the strange device interrupted them.
"Space anomaly detected...", it said in its strange voice, and began to show a little blinking icon on the map screen.
As they looked closer, they noticed that the blinking came straight from the other side of the wall. Something - or someone - must be there!

((Set the stage for the new player~
She will be the next to post, before Maz and Zephyr. I have explained to her what to do, but you'll have to wait for her post to find out~))

Hidden Content

Tsidia, the mind player
I am a: Author

Post by Tsidia, the mind player » July 29th, 2017, 9:18 pm

Tsidia was constantly followed by her worst enemy. No matter how far she could fly, it always followed her around, refusing to let go of her mind. That enemy was boredom. It wasn't a surprise that when she could feel another consciousness nearby, something bigger faster, more... alive she almost crashed into the ground, looking for the source. To her surprise even as she layed down vertically it still came from somewhere below. At first she was confused, but quick look around and bit of logical thinking made it pretty clear that there had to be some kind of underground system going in there. Having recently landed she didn't feel like getting back into the air and instead just wandered about until she found a cave leading to deeper tunnel. "haha, no", she said to herself and quickly turned around. Her claustrophobia wouldn't allow her any further.

Before she moved on she reached out all the way to the edges of her range, looking for any signs of something equally interesting in the area. Her only result was frustration, nothing worthy her attention all around. The cave still seemed like a bad idea, but... she didn't really have much choice now did she. After taking few extra scans and looks she slowly crawled into the dark space below. Despite her worries it seemed like she could pick the best area for a first timer. The walls weren't closing in on her, she had enough room to move and turn, even do all standard Tsidia's stretching sessions if she was up for it. Lack of natural light never really bothered her anyway. She just moved towards the point of highest mental traffic. That was all nice and comfortable until a wall suddenly bumped into her. (Not the other way around! :P)She was so close, they were just on the other side! She pushed away the fear before it could get to her. On a closer inspection it wasn't really a wall, more like a rumble, collapsed part of the cave. She was not the one to tell what caused it, but that marked all nearby places as dangerous. And that brought her back to why she came here in the first place. Whoever sticked around here was either stuck or too dumb to know that it's not a good place to hang around. Either case they shouldn't be a threat. The cracks weren't big enough for her to crawl to the other side, but maybe...

She froze in place as the void substance, more commonly known as "the strange thing that makes bad things happen" lazily splashed against her body, slowly covering her entirely, as she closed her eyes. She knew there was a way to get to the other side and it was laughably easy to imagine herself simply standing there. Having confirmed her destination the substance started sinking inside her. The feeling of it feeding on her energy was impossible to get used to. It didn't take too long and she wasn't even breathing heavily yet when her body disintegrated almost instantly, remade and restored on the other side of the mess. When she fell down to her knees it crawled out of her as soon as it got there, quickly evaporating to expose her body the same as before, just in different place now. Proud of that accomplishment she reduced herself to all fours and stretched out like a cat, with a small purr for a better effect. "Anyone needs help of Tsidia?", she asked with a little silly smile and took a glance at who she followed for so long.
"Break your chains and make your move, or you'll only see a dreamwavers wall"