Herpy.nu will close down in January 2018 - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018, and years of smear campaigns have given us a reputation that has been hard to shake. We therefore made the choice to close the site and move on to a brighter future. While the forums will be archived as a memory of times of past greatness, new funds have been raised and new admins have been recruited to start working on a entire new community far away from Bad Dragon and any association with that company. The gallery will remain operational in the meantime. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send a PM to Valcyrie.

Herpy have always been my little lovechild since I joined over a decade ago. But he grew up, and as he has aged with dignity its time for his hatchling to take over. A fresh start for a new generation in a new era.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

The Herpy caves

Dwelve into the dark and shrouded parts of role-play with a pink twist? This is the place for you.
Tsidia, the mind player
I am a: Author

Re: The Herpy caves

Post by Tsidia, the mind player » July 29th, 2017, 9:18 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Tsidia was constantly followed by her worst enemy. No matter how far she could fly, it always followed her around, refusing to let go of her mind. That enemy was boredom. It wasn't a surprise that when she could feel another consciousness nearby, something bigger faster, more... alive she almost crashed into the ground, looking for the source. To her surprise even as she layed down vertically it still came from somewhere below. At first she was confused, but quick look around and bit of logical thinking made it pretty clear that there had to be some kind of underground system going in there. Having recently landed she didn't feel like getting back into the air and instead just wandered about until she found a cave leading to deeper tunnel. "haha, no", she said to herself and quickly turned around. Her claustrophobia wouldn't allow her any further.

Before she moved on she reached out all the way to the edges of her range, looking for any signs of something equally interesting in the area. Her only result was frustration, nothing worthy her attention all around. The cave still seemed like a bad idea, but... she didn't really have much choice now did she. After taking few extra scans and looks she slowly crawled into the dark space below. Despite her worries it seemed like she could pick the best area for a first timer. The walls weren't closing in on her, she had enough room to move and turn, even do all standard Tsidia's stretching sessions if she was up for it. Lack of natural light never really bothered her anyway. She just moved towards the point of highest mental traffic. That was all nice and comfortable until a wall suddenly bumped into her. (Not the other way around! :P)She was so close, they were just on the other side! She pushed away the fear before it could get to her. On a closer inspection it wasn't really a wall, more like a rumble, collapsed part of the cave. She was not the one to tell what caused it, but that marked all nearby places as dangerous. And that brought her back to why she came here in the first place. Whoever sticked around here was either stuck or too dumb to know that it's not a good place to hang around. Either case they shouldn't be a threat. The cracks weren't big enough for her to crawl to the other side, but maybe...

She froze in place as the void substance, more commonly known as "the strange thing that makes bad things happen" lazily splashed against her body, slowly covering her entirely, as she closed her eyes. She knew there was a way to get to the other side and it was laughably easy to imagine herself simply standing there. Having confirmed her destination the substance started sinking inside her. The feeling of it feeding on her energy was impossible to get used to. It didn't take too long and she wasn't even breathing heavily yet when her body disintegrated almost instantly, remade and restored on the other side of the mess. When she fell down to her knees it crawled out of her as soon as it got there, quickly evaporating to expose her body the same as before, just in different place now. Proud of that accomplishment she reduced herself to all fours and stretched out like a cat, with a small purr for a better effect. "Anyone needs help of Tsidia?", she asked with a little silly smile and took a glance at who she followed for so long.
"Break your chains and make your move, or you'll only see a dreamwavers wall"

Mazrogal

Post by Mazrogal » August 10th, 2017, 11:23 pm

(welcome too the RP Tsidia! yay for new players! ^.-.^)

*As Mazrogal and zephyr was looking at the strange device beeping they noticed something suddenly materialized before them something went seeped through the cracks in the rubble, and after a while reformed into what looked like a stretching dragoness. That was also some how purring like cat and looking playfull. When it introduced itself they both looked a bit confused and quiet before Mazrogal spoke*

''Um hello? I'm Mazrogal and this is Zephyr''

*Maz said as he pointed towards Zephyr gently*

''And well i don't suppose you know a way out of here since you somehow found us?''

*Also after looking at the cracks and then later at the reformed dragoness Mazrogal looked at her in straight in the eyes*

''More also how the fuzz did you go through walls are you a ghost? never seen this kind of magic before''

*he said while gritting his teeth a bit from the pain coming from his ruined left wing*
''Life is a struggle sometimes just push through and fight never give up''

My steamprofile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mazrogal Feel free to send a friend request^^

Zephyr

Post by Zephyr » August 11th, 2017, 10:08 am

Zephyr eyed the pile of rubble, tapping a claw against the ground as he considered. "Ok I have a really bad idea that might get us out of here, one moment." He places the device on the ground and disappears back into the darkness. The sound of scrapping claws and his soft growl could be heard before a loud snap reverberates through the tunnel. Zephyr reappears with a sizable chunk of the metal in his claws. He digs a small niche into to pile of rubble and buries the chunk into it, his claw pumping energy into the metal as it begins to glow and pulse gently.

Zephyr picks up the device and glances at Mazrogal, "Alright now all we need to do is trigger the explosion like before and we're golden." He smiles before his was interrupted by blackness as it pushed into the cracks as reformed on the other side revealing the dragoness. "Oh, hello, didn;t expect anyone else to be here." He glanced over at Mazrogal for a second before examining the dragoness.

Sil'thaera

Post by Sil'thaera » August 14th, 2017, 5:11 pm

(sweet! A dematerialising dragoness! Nifty.

Also, skip me for now, mind is a blank. Sil will follow Xasin's lead.)
"May your dragonfire burn brightly." - Sil'thaera

https://www.furaffinity.net/user/sil-thaera/ ---> My FurAffinity page (may contain NSFW content)

Xasin

Post by Xasin » August 18th, 2017, 10:53 am

Xasin sighed.
He and Sil had been waiting for a few more minutes now, without a sign of the two other dragons. Eventually, pacing up and down the main cave wasn't really enough for the furred dragon.
"We should go and look for them ... Maybe they're just somewhere outside and don't know how to get back here?"
With a sigh, he took a step towards the exit and looked outside.

"...
Sil ...
Can you use your telepathy to try and contact them from here?
Or ... At least give us a clue if they're ...
If they are still ok?"

Before the naganess could reply, the ground suddenly shook lightly once more. Alarmed, Xasin looked up at the walls of the cave, already preparing himself to rush out of it should he see cracks or other signs of fatigue ...
But to his and Sil's luck, the stone there seemed sturdy, and aside from a little dust coming down on them not much seemed to have happened.

"We should go, look for them ...
Now."

What the two did not know was that the rumble came from a spot not too far away from Mazrogal, Tsidia and Zephyr.
For them, the vibrations were quite a bit stronger, enough even to shift the pile of rubble a little and open up a small bit ... Not enough yet for them to climb through, but a possible start to dig out?
For that, they'd have to take the risk of the walls collapsing though, but the only other option was some magic of Tsidia.

Whatever their choice, or options, time was running out - Angel's helmet seemed to have found the source of the quakes, and it had been a part of the tunnel they were in!
Not just dreaming is what I strive to do, but just as much to be the one to make them reality

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Tsidia, the mind player

Post by Tsidia, the mind player » August 18th, 2017, 11:03 pm

Tsidia didn't seem to be thrown off by the stare. She gazed right back at Mazrogal and giggled, her smile melting from half-wild to a silly one. "No, you silly dragon, if I was a ghost I would have done this!" She half-closed her eyes, which now seemed to be a little darker shade of purple than usual. As she crawled over to his back she pushed her consciousness against him, not really trying to establish any kind of connection, just greatly increasing pressure inside his mind. Before he could realise what she was doing, the dragoness already held him in a tight hug, scratching his back with her razor-sharp claws. In that moment he could see that Tsidia's neck had a serious injury, breaking her otherwise perfect line of scales, contrasting with deeper shade of purple than most of her body.

Seeing that Maz was getting back to his senses after her assault she let him go, now crawling over to Zephyr who was in possession of a trigger for something, -which she guessed by listening to the way he moved and talked- could make the entire tunnel collapse. She stood between the pile of rumble and him, her gaze looking directly in his eyes, piercing through his mind and staring directly into his soul. "No one explodes anything without my permission." She tried for a friendly smile, but probably ended up looking like a wild animal. Her normally light and deep purple scales, forming patterns on her oh, so very delicate wing membranes were now covered with a layer of dust, making them fall into one simple tone. The main feature of her body, her ridiculously huge, two-and-a-half-times-longer-than-the-rest-of-her tail, was now freely wiggling around as she sat down. "So you two are lost, hu~"

Her silliness was broken when the worst was starting to happen. The ground was shaking. She felt small and fragile as everything around was out of her control. Either the roof was vibrating or she was hallucinating. Her claustrophobia kicked in. Her hearth rate spiked, adrenaline was rising. She couldn't form a sentence, couldn't form a thought! Driven only by her instincts she slowly crawled over to Mazrogal and curled tightly into a ball, made mostly of her tail. She buried her snout in her coils and waited until... it was over. "O-one s-second", she said weakly, as if unsure if she was alive, and closed her eyes, simply enjoying the closeness of another dragon.

Minutes passed and the extreme feelings slowly faded. When she was strong enough to regain focus she dove into her internal processes and temporarily disabled parts responsible for shock, recovering fully almost instantly. When she opened her eyes her tail was tightly wrapped around Mazrogal's, the spare parts waving invitingly towards Zephyr. She was holding him in embrace like a hero who just saved her life. Her wings were dragged over him, blocking out the outside world. She was purring softly in his ears, scratching the back of his head. Her warmth quite literally vibrated off against the male's chest.

By some kind of miracle, the only thing that changed was the rumble, still not enough to let them through though. "Sorry for that emotional mess I probably just made inside of you. I can get us all out of here, but it will make me really, really tired, okay?"

She smirked quietly to herself. Why? The main thread that spark inside her was that, Zephyr... must have really felt left out.

//Sorry if that was too silly. I was mainly focusing on showing off Tsidia's looks and abilities and make her personality shine bright. More serious or not! posts will follow
Last edited by Tsidia, the mind player on August 19th, 2017, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xasin

Post by Xasin » August 18th, 2017, 11:46 pm

((Hi!
Good posting so far, but I think for now I'll have to deny that "purring into Maz' " mind bit.
I am not saying no to your other mental abilities, like what you did when nudging his consciousness, or Sil's telekinesis. But I can imagine that it will be a lot harder for Mazrogal to react properly if he has to take into account being "modified" in such a way, so for now I'd prefer other player's consciousnesses to be unmodifiable.))
Not just dreaming is what I strive to do, but just as much to be the one to make them reality

Hidden Content

Tsidia, the mind player

Post by Tsidia, the mind player » August 19th, 2017, 10:21 am

Update: I made slight wording change to have similar effect without triggering the ability. Hope everything is fine now.

Mazrogal

Post by Mazrogal » August 20th, 2017, 1:35 pm

(Sry for late reply was busy with EF23 con in berlin and it was such a amazing furry con!^.-.^)

As soon as Mazrogal felt Tsidia's hug he grunted abit from the pain of his ruined left wing but once she scratched his back he cooed gently from the smooth feeling of her claws against his scales. When he saw her serious neck wound he was about to ask but before he could have a chance the energetic dragoness jumped over to Zephyr who was still fiddling with the device. And Tisidia looking very serious while chatting with Zephyr.

Then suddenly the cave starting shaking like it was some sort of aftershock. And within seconds Mazrogal felt the Purpe dragoness curl next too him seeking comfort next him due to instinct. And The drake himself putting his not ruined wing around her protecivly as best as he could while the tunnel network was shaking some debri on the cave floor shaking violently.

After it all was over Mazrogal felt her tail coling around his and his instincts told him he was doing the right thing coiling his around hers. "You both Safe?" He asked looking at Tsidia who needed a second and she moved up to him and nuzzled his back with her head and embracing The Drake in a winghug. After a minute of her warm embrace and vibrations that felt soothing on the old drake's white colored chest plates. He let go of her winghug but still had his tail around hers as he also asked Zephyr if he was safe. Before also looking around the room before saying out loud.

"Hmm if you somehow can find a way out for all 3 of us out of here Tsidia i vote yes but i hope you know a way to find our friends Xasin and Sil'thaera also we got seperated a couple of hours ago due to a huge tunnel collapse and i'm in no shape flying once i get out of this cursed place either and i'm worried about them only had a faint connection with them before i had to break due to my wound." He said pointing once more to his ruined left wing using his snout and his older clawmark over his left eye being a bit dusty now from sand and gravel.

(Hope i wrote that decent enough since i did it using my mobile phone at Berlin airport^^)
''Life is a struggle sometimes just push through and fight never give up''

My steamprofile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mazrogal Feel free to send a friend request^^

Xasin

Post by Xasin » August 21st, 2017, 10:51 am

(( Heya again!
Soooorryy for intervening again, but I was talking a little to Mazrogal here, and I just wanted to ask something quickly ...
Who would not be ok with NSFW things in this RP?
I am just making sure to clarify this for the future since I did not set a specific rule at the start, in case uh ... Some dragons want to do something <.<
Maz and I are alright with it, and I have a sneaking suspicion that Sil doesn't mind either (:P), but I just want to ask to get a proper OK from everyone here >.< ))

Hidden Content

Tsidia, the mind player

Post by Tsidia, the mind player » August 21st, 2017, 3:51 pm

I'm not against NSFW themes in case you needed a formal statement like this.
Last edited by Tsidia, the mind player on August 27th, 2017, 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zephyr

Post by Zephyr » August 26th, 2017, 3:09 am

Zephyr looked back at the newcomer curiously as she told him not to blow anything up. The chunk of metal in his claws still glowed a bright blue however, sparks jumping of it occasionally as the material was saturated with his energy. He was about to reply to her when the entire cavern began to shake. He instantly braced himself against a wall, one wing up to protect the rest of him from any falling debris, the thick bony part scrapping along the ceiling knocking anything loose away from above him. The tremors continued for some time, Zephyr looked at the new dragoness huddled around Maz. A touch of amusement tugged at his muzzle and he pawed at and grabbed at the dragons long squirming tail. He'd hold the end of her tail, rubbing his paw against the scales unless she'd tug it away, he'd let go then and pretend he wasn't doing anything wrong.

Sil'thaera

Post by Sil'thaera » August 27th, 2017, 8:42 pm

The naganess shook her wings, getting rid of the dust from the latest quake; she was glad that the area she and Xasin were in had seemed to hold up, but it seemed that the situation was now more urgent.

"Sure, I can try contacting them again, just give me a moment," she agreed with Xasin, concentrating.

She reached out with her mind...

<Zephyr? Maz? Are you okay? Have you found a way out yet?>

She paused, noticing another presence.

<And... Who else is with you? I can sense another mind near you... >

(Hopefully not too GM-emmy)
"May your dragonfire burn brightly." - Sil'thaera

https://www.furaffinity.net/user/sil-thaera/ ---> My FurAffinity page (may contain NSFW content)