Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

What is so interesting about dinos to you?

A forum for everything that is since long dead and gone, but lives on in our fantasy.
Krakenthekrab

What is so interesting about dinos to you?

Post by Krakenthekrab » August 10th, 2016, 11:02 pm

My interest with dinos all started when i watched Jurassic park when i was 6 i think. Thought dinosaurs were the coolest thing to ever happen. I watched shows about them and stuff it was awesome. Probably for me is the just how many different types, shapes, and sizes of dinos. Something of a miracle of evolution if you believe in that theory. How they all change and adapt. From the sea creatures to the giant ass insects and huge iconic carnivores like the T-Rex. And well the art thats comes out of the cool creatures! :)
Whatever you do, DONT SCRATCH THE PAINT!

Dracokon
Site Admin
I am a: Author

Re: What is so interesting about dinos to you?

Post by Dracokon » August 12th, 2016, 1:25 am

Dinosaurs are kind of like another civilization to me, which is what catches my attention. They were here for millions of years long before we were, and their reign will almost certainly end up being far longer than ours will as well. There's just something primal about them that I really like. :)
#DracokonIsBack
SoFurry -- FurryNetwork -- FurAffinity
Telegram: Dracokon

non-venomous

Post by non-venomous » August 12th, 2016, 3:13 am

Ah yeah.. I enjoyed all the Jurassic park movies, including Jurassic world.

A lot of people hated the second and third films The Lost World and Jurassic Park III due to so many mistakes and dull writing, but I still enjoy watching them even now because IT'S GOT DINOS AND THREE T-REX !! :lol:

Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Post by Aracth'nil » August 13th, 2016, 2:31 pm

I get intrigued by a world that is as alien as fantasy, yet once existed on the land which we live on now. How given enough time and evolution, they could have been like us.
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

LokiDragon
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Post by LokiDragon » August 14th, 2016, 12:11 am

I as a child used to visit the Jurassic coast with my grand father, I've collected fossils all my life. I also saw Jurassic park as well as a lot of other fantasy films most by Ray Harry Houson. It's dinosaurs that made me want to become a film maker!

Valcyrie
Site Admin
I am a: Author
Commissions: Temporarily closed

Post by Valcyrie » August 14th, 2016, 4:59 pm

I used to love dinos when I was little, was like, obsessed with them. Had posters and toys everywhere. Still like them today, but they do not bear the same charm anymore. Dragons took over x3
Avatar by Semura. Signature by me and Ember.

non-venomous

Post by non-venomous » August 14th, 2016, 10:27 pm

I think dragons are more popular because it's considered to be fanciful and of the imagination where as dinosaurs are more scientific and limited to what evidence is found in reality.

However, I believe dinosaurs and dragons alike do exist because they're both referred to in God's word.

Although the word dinosaur itself (which means "Thunder lizard") is only a modern day term, the Bible does described two types of dinosaurs in the book of Job while dragons is mentioned nearly in every book from Genesis to Revelation. Hence is why dragons are more popular perhaps?