Herpy.nu forums are still not fully operational. To stay updated, follow me at https://twitter.com/ValkyrianArts

Anniversary & New Logo for the Community

This is where we share imporant news, updates and announcements regarding this community.
Valcyrie
Site Admin
I am a: Author
Commissions: Temporarily closed

Anniversary & New Logo for the Community

Post by Valcyrie » July 5th, 2017, 3:34 am

So, it is time we finally get around to making a new logo :3

In the polls I made before it was clear that you guys didnt like the old logo, and my new set of banners werent that popular either. Speaking of the polls btw, I have been drowning in work and this week Im finally going on vacation. That means I'll hopefully have the time needed to sit down with this place and do the things that need changing.

At first I was unsure of what to do with the new logo. At first I wasnt fond of the thought of letting members draw the logo they like and the community votes for the one they like the most; because in the past that has caused a lot of drama and "waaah my pic wasnt good enough" stuff. But - that was then. This community - and its members - have grown since then and I think we are all reasonable enough adults to make this happen :3

So, at this hour exactly 1 year ago I was just finallizing the new forums and preparing them to recieve members. In a few hours, New Herpy is at its one year mark, and I feel a new logo competition is a good way to celebrate that :3 Anyone may enter, either draw yourself or commission someone to draw your idea for you - but post your contribution (or at least concept art of it) in this thread and by july 17th (should you feel you need more time that can be arranged) I will gather all contributions and put them into polls! After that, the whole community will vote on the image they like best and that picture will become our new logotype! The winning artist will be featured on the site and will also be paid $25 for their contribution.

HAPPY HERPY ANNIVERSARY EVERYBODY~~!!! Stay awesome, I love you guys~

For some reason, I cant help but think of this song when I think of this community~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEPHLPmt914

Also, stay tuned. Sometime during the anniversary day - july 6th - I will sneak up something special here on the forums for a brief period of time...~
Avatar by Semura. Signature by me and Ember.

Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Re: Anniversary & New Logo for the Community

Post by Aracth'nil » July 8th, 2017, 1:25 pm

The song I guess fits.
Also, what is that song? Geez it's probably going to be stuck in my head.
Thanks for all your work Val!
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!