Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

Gallery Access Imminent

This is where we share imporant news, updates and announcements regarding this community.
Ethos
Site Admin

Gallery Access Imminent

Post by Ethos » December 5th, 2016, 6:37 am

First, our apologies for the delays in getting the gallery back online. We were originally going to stick with the old 4images software, but a combination of compatibility issues and previous troubles with the old gallery put an end to that idea. We then decided to try a software package called Piwigo but unfortunately it not only had trouble hosting media other than simple pictures, but only admin could upload anything, which defeated the entire point of a public gallery.

The decision was made to use Coppermine, a proven platform that can handle a variety of image and video files.

Here is a screen capture of the new gallery:

At this point, I am interested in knowing how many members beside Fenveireth have the old gallery archived, so that full restoration of the gallery can be done in a more orderly manner. If you would like to help, please contact me via PM or at herpygallery (at) gmail (dot) com as soon as you can.

As with the old gallery, uploaded images need to be verified by a moderator first, but a new user group will be created for trusted uploaders so that images will appear immediately.

All active artists have had their folders restored and I have now finished the last of beta testing to ensure everything works. The gallery will "go live" within the next couple of days.

You can get a sneak preview of the new gallery's upload mechanics over in the Supplemental section.

Thank you all for your patience.

Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Re: Gallery Access Imminent

Post by Aracth'nil » December 6th, 2016, 5:04 am

Yay! Thanks for the work to all the staff and admins!
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

CrankyMoose

Post by CrankyMoose » December 8th, 2016, 9:00 pm

Happy days
A dream, an illusion, a bubble and a shadow

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » December 9th, 2016, 2:39 pm

Congrats on bringing the gallery back online!
The dragon that inhabited my soul left and now it watches over me.