Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

NEW HERPY - Official Release of the site

This is where we share imporant news, updates and announcements regarding this community.
Valcyrie
Site Admin
I am a: Author
Commissions: Temporarily closed

NEW HERPY - Official Release of the site

Post by Valcyrie » December 9th, 2016, 5:10 pm

Half a year has passed since our old host decided to flush our entire community down the drain, taking everything down in a matter of seconds. Friends were lost along with memories and a great part of people's lives and journals was lost and gone forever. But we stayed strong and pulled through, and 6 weeks after the takedown the first open beta of the new community was launched. Ever since we have been working to get a better and mode up-to-date forum and we have managed to return everything old Herpy had, along with some updates. We have the forum, the blogs, the galleries and the chatrooms! And Herpy thrive as a communty once more - the only sheer scaley community out there (as far as we know. And if you know differently, be quiet and dont ruin our moment of glory :roll: )!

So today, December 9th 2016, after a long struggle trying to get diferent softwares to work, we can finally and proudly announce the arrival of the so longed for gallery! You can find it here: gallery/

Along with this key feature of the site, we are now moving out of the open beta phase and into the official launch! This has been a moment I have been waiting for for a very long time and I'm very happy to finally see it happen. However, this also brings some important changes: from now on, in order to remain in the Discord chatroom and all of Herpy's off-site groups, you need a activated forum account and at least 1 introduction post. Users who do not fulfill these requirements and do not respond to contact from site staff, will be removed from the chatroom and off-site groups in due time.

We will celebrate this moment with a small little giveaway! I will give away a few dragon figurines to a lucky number of members picked at random (I will upload pics later, I'm posting this from work!). All you have to do to participate is to make a post below! Winners will be picked by Sunday the 18th december 2016.

If you like this site and community and would like to help keep it up, we are more than happy to get a donation from you, please read more here.
Avatar by Semura. Signature by me and Ember.

Raiden

Re: NEW HERPY - Official Release of the site

Post by Raiden » December 9th, 2016, 5:18 pm

Wuhuuuu! Congrats on the official launch! Let's all make this a wonderful scaly place!
A man may change, but mankind always stays the same.

DragonsFire

Post by DragonsFire » December 9th, 2016, 5:24 pm

Whoot, its quit a wonderful day for the Herpy community, our old home is back! Hopefully we can recover the old and the lost and bring them back home. Cheers Val, you earned it ;3
I am a derpy dragon, but Im friendly! <3

Semura
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Post by Semura » December 9th, 2016, 6:11 pm

Congrats, Val! And to all those behind the scenes that were helping as well c:

It's good to see Herpy making a great comeback from that hiccup ^.=.^

Here's to many more years of going strong!
Formerly Jil
::Commissions!::

Walk tall, my friends.

LokiDragon
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Post by LokiDragon » December 9th, 2016, 6:26 pm

Congrats on getting everything back up and running to all the staff. Let the new community live now that we've shed the old skin! ;)

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » December 9th, 2016, 6:38 pm

6 months already? Everything passed so fast that i can't believe it! Congrats on everything you have achieved so far.
The dragon that inhabited my soul left and now it watches over me.

MajesticDragon

Post by MajesticDragon » December 9th, 2016, 6:58 pm

Im so happy because i got the chance to participate in this community.
Because i never made an account on old Herpy i thought that i lost my chance forever when the old host took it down.

I wish everything good for this new community and for all it's wonderful people who made this real again.

Draco Solis
I am a: Musician

Post by Draco Solis » December 9th, 2016, 7:23 pm

Good news all around! :D I'm excited to see how things go from here (even though I don't use the forums as often anymore).
And now we gets to share all of our steamy scalie sexes in the gallery~ x3

Great job Val and everyone else who managed to get this site up and running. ^.=.^ I hope we all get to see the community thrive as it once did.
o.o
I does a stare~

Mydragonsfly
I am a: Author

Post by Mydragonsfly » December 9th, 2016, 7:35 pm

What an awesome time to be around, congrats and thanks to all who made this possible through the donations of their , knowledge, time, and resources. I can't wait to see Herpy return to its full prior glory under a competent and active administration. :geek:

DrachenFyr

Post by DrachenFyr » December 9th, 2016, 8:03 pm

Fantastic, that's great news.
Aim high in life, but watch out for flying boxes.

Acostor

Post by Acostor » December 9th, 2016, 8:38 pm

Congratulations and thank you to all how managed to make this possible, and to everyone who managed to stick together as a community. Now let’s party!! :D
You may not realize how much you love something until you lose it. So if you find it, never let go.

Steam account: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198254747403/

Sliithsss
I am a: Lurker

Post by Sliithsss » December 9th, 2016, 9:02 pm

Woohoo, awesome! Wonderful work Val, and thanks from all of us!