Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

A Very Merry Christmas Herpy!

This is where we share imporant news, updates and announcements regarding this community.
Valcyrie
Site Admin
I am a: Author
Commissions: Temporarily closed

A Very Merry Christmas Herpy!

Post by Valcyrie » December 23rd, 2016, 3:45 pm

Hello lovelies!

2016 has been a year like no other. There have been so many tragedies, losses and death. Overall, this year has sucked in so many ways. But, from the ashes new life can make room for itself. While we lost the old community, herpy.net with all its blogs, discussions, art... people had their whole lives tied to that community through emotions, friendships and sometimes even love. Even those who have left Herpy that I still have contact with, all agree that Herpy helped change their life in one way or the other.

But from the complete ruin of the community, we stayed tight, pulled through and depended on eachother to rebuild it. And look where we are now :D While me may mourn material losses for a while, even those we had a strong connection to, we are all able to rebuild and take back what we lost, if we are willing to give it the time and the effort. And while losses of loved ones are terrible to endure, we make it through and while we may miss them sometimes through the rest of our lives, we learn to cherish their life rather than mourn their death. And while some of these tasks can be overwhelming to one self, that is what friends are for. Friends who support you, and who are not afraid to tell you something you need to hear, even if it hurts. And this is why Herpy is so important to me, and has been, still is and hopefully will continue to be for everyone else too. Our friendships and sense of family keep us together.

I do not wish you a pathway free of troubles, nor a life of ease on a bed of roses. I do not wish that you should never feel pain, or endure the bitter pangs of sorrow and regret. I do not wish you these, for they are not the things that matter. My wish for you is that you find courage in times of trial; when the skies darken and the outlook is bleak, when others load their burdens on your shoulders and even blame you for their woes. May you always have friends worthy of the title, who will help in times of need and share your times of joy. And may you always offer friendship in return.

And last but not least, I wish to forward a little piece of Christmas magic to all of you. Much love from me, and all of us in administration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZqrfDd1IEs
Avatar by Semura. Signature by me and Ember.

Drazhenga

Re: A Very Merry Christmas Herpy!

Post by Drazhenga » December 23rd, 2016, 7:32 pm

+rep

I wish you all a very merry christmas. May our bonds be stronger, and as one community, remain in the eternity of friendships.

We are one community, we are herpy.

Merry X'mas

Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Post by Aracth'nil » December 24th, 2016, 1:05 pm

Thanks Val, could not have put it any better. I wish everyone the best leadup to 2017!
May your life flourish in the coming year, and may you have a year that exceeds your best hopes!
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

MajesticDragon

Post by MajesticDragon » December 24th, 2016, 2:12 pm

Merry christmas to everyone! I hope everything good to you Val and for everyone else in this community.

Xaithis
I am a: Author

Post by Xaithis » December 25th, 2016, 8:58 pm

I hope everyone has a great Christmas, and that things will be somewhat better in the new year!
Best wishes to all!-
Typical Session...
PC - "I run towards the lasers!"
Me (DM) - <starts finding a new character sheet>

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » December 31st, 2016, 10:52 pm

I''m super late, but happy new 2017! Let's see what good stuff it brings us!
The dragon that inhabited my soul left and now it watches over me.