Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

The Future of Herpy

This is where we share imporant news, updates and announcements regarding this community.

What score would you give Herpy as it is now?

3%
9%
29%
29%
14%
9%
6%
3%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 35

Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Re: The Future of Herpy

Post by Aracth'nil » January 23rd, 2017, 1:00 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Ishiah wrote:
Valcyrie wrote: Oh, it is fine to discuss fantasies, Ish. What we don't like is people going "how to", and that for a number of reasons. It's illegal and the host can take us down if we do, and great many animals can come to harm. So while we don't like anyone who indulges in their lusts in a physical way, we're perfectly fine with the discussion of fantasies.
I'm aware and agree with the rules on the forum, but I hesitate to discuss it too much as I remember reading some very mean things on the discord server shortly after the shutdown.
It was controversial...take a look at Val's post in the Year in Reflection [2016] thread... gives you a good insight into what was going on for the server and website before and after.
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Rendrassa
I am a: Artist

Post by Rendrassa » February 4th, 2017, 1:36 am

Ads for the gallery, so that the site can support itself, is all I can currently think of. Maybe set them up so it's two banners: one up top and one below the image, when you view a specific image? I don't mean only ads for certain images, just that the main hub for finding images be left clean of ads and only advertise stuff above and below the image box. I hope that makes sense.
Clicky? Image

Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Post by Aracth'nil » February 4th, 2017, 12:00 pm

If possible, I think the last posts page should show the date and person of the last post, not the first (or maybe both?) I think it makes more sense.
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

SaintHF

Post by SaintHF » February 17th, 2017, 11:33 pm

Basically, Herpy is an 8

Acostor

Post by Acostor » March 5th, 2017, 9:00 pm

Is it possible to have a dark theme as an option for the gallery, as its quite blinding if your in a dark room.
You may not realize how much you love something until you lose it. So if you find it, never let go.

Steam account: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198254747403/

Rendrassa

Post by Rendrassa » March 5th, 2017, 10:45 pm

I, too, would like a dark theme if possible. Maybe to match the forums.
Clicky? Image

Valcyrie
Site Admin
I am a: Author
Commissions: Temporarily closed

Post by Valcyrie » March 17th, 2017, 5:53 pm

Thank you all for voting and coming with suggestions! I calculated your opinions and overall Herpy came out with a steady 7 outta 10! Not the best, we'll keep working towards that 10 as good as we can, but it sure still is well above the average 5.

I'm currently gathering up all of the suggestions I've recieved and will soon launch a poll section where you all get to pitch in and have your say. I plan to post it later today.
Avatar by Semura. Signature by me and Ember.