Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

We'll Meet Again, Don't Know Where, Don't Know When...

Introduce yourself and get involved with the community!
Heyaask Vona
I am a: Lurker

We'll Meet Again, Don't Know Where, Don't Know When...

Post by Heyaask Vona » February 7th, 2017, 1:32 pm

Hello there everybody, it's Heyaask, a veteran (if you didn't know already). I don't post much, and I'm definitely an odd man out in this community as far as my preferences for reptiles are concerned, but in any event, here I am.

My interest in reptiles started when I was very young, quite possibly motivated in part by them being cold and smooth scaled rather than fluffy and itchy like mammals (and many toys based on mammals). I can remember a recurring theme/fantasy of mine during my childhood being either being a hatchling (perhaps, as my mother suggested in a discussion I had on the subject, a way of rationalizing difference) or of raising a hatchling reptile from an abandoned egg. I can remember having a longstanding fascination with dragons, with it peaking around 1999-2001 (when I was 7-9 years old), and sympathizing with dragons in tales like that of St. George.

I can also remember having xenophilic (in both the general and specific sexual sense) interests from at least the age of 7, if not far earlier. A recurring fascination of mine (again in both senses) has been good-hearted, "creepy" aliens or other sapient nonhumans who are unjustly despised and/or downtrodden by humans. A relatively recent manifestation of this came from the good South African sci-fi mockumentary/"other" genre film District 9. One other way this manifested was my affinity for the Argonians of Morrowind, though this is far from the first case of me being fascinated with lizard people (one earlier example being my fascination with the green geckos at the Auckland Domain Museum (whose exhibit remains here to this day) and the underrated and nowadays-obscure video game Gex 3D: Enter the Gecko.

Since then, lizard people have been an enduring (though not dominant) interest of mine throughout my adolescence, with me having rekindled this interest and expanded it more explicitly into the sexual realm around 2012 (the year I turned 20). Unfortunately, this is also around the time my depression or depression-like issues, with roots going back at least to 2005, became malignant, but I don't wish to bother about that on a forum of this nature.

I feel I should note that I neither view myself as being reptilian nor desire to become reptilian excepting in a transhuman way (and even then, it's more or less the transhuman equivalent of converting to another religion to get married to someone), which as far as I can tell makes me almost as much of an odd man out here as my sexual preferences. Anyway, I hope to have some interesting discussions here to pass the time while I wait for my depression to end.

Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Re: We'll Meet Again, Don't Know Where, Don't Know When...

Post by Aracth'nil » February 8th, 2017, 11:13 am

Welcome back!
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Valcyrie
Site Admin
I am a: Author
Commissions: Temporarily closed

Re: We'll Meet Again, Don't Know Where, Don't Know When...

Post by Valcyrie » February 12th, 2017, 7:56 pm

Hey there and welcome back! ^.-.^
Avatar by Semura. Signature by me and Ember.