Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

Hello everyone!

Introduce yourself and get involved with the community!
Bubbadoo

Hello everyone!

Post by Bubbadoo » March 7th, 2017, 6:46 pm

Hey, I am ah.. super awkward with introductions so I hope you don't mind.
I am just a person of a separate scalie persuasion, I am a shark!

Hope I can fit in the place alright, I used to lurk the old Herpy but never made an account on it. Was excited when I found this place because I missed the old Herpy's image board. :p

Also let me tell you, man was it a pain to set up an account. I hope I wasn't too much of a hassle for the admins to make this account for me, that captcha thing just did not seem to like me. :lol:

Valcyrie
Site Admin
I am a: Author
Commissions: Temporarily closed

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by Valcyrie » March 7th, 2017, 6:54 pm

Hahah, welcome :lol: Good to finally see you arrive.
Avatar by Semura. Signature by me and Ember.

Bubbadoo

Post by Bubbadoo » March 7th, 2017, 6:55 pm

Valcyrie wrote:Hahah, welcome :lol: Good to finally see you arrive.
Took long enough, eh?
Hahah, thanks again.

Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Post by Aracth'nil » March 8th, 2017, 9:21 am

Hello and welcome!
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

LokiDragon
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Post by LokiDragon » March 8th, 2017, 9:19 pm

Welcome to the forum. Sharks have always puzzled me in regards to Herpy... their not technically reptiles but they are as you say scalie. Definitely one of my favourite non reptile animals, as they come in so many varieties though.

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » March 8th, 2017, 10:05 pm

LokiDragon wrote:Welcome to the forum. Sharks have always puzzled me in regards to Herpy... their not technically reptiles but they are as you say scalie. Definitely one of my favourite non reptile animals, as they come in so many varieties though.
Yeah, sharks are interesting. There is a distinct lack of material though.
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Bubbadoo

Post by Bubbadoo » March 8th, 2017, 10:43 pm

LokiDragon wrote:Welcome to the forum. Sharks have always puzzled me in regards to Herpy... they're not technically reptiles but they are as you say scalie. Definitely one of my favourite non reptile animals, as they come in so many varieties though.
Yeah, sharks are great. ^^
For my species, I am a blacktip shark. I don't really.. have that great of art skill.. nor money to get like a ref so this is all what I have got, drawn myself.

There is also the icon I am using, drawn for me from a friend. Though it isn't quite accurate to my shark now, and he lost the original file for it. It is probably.. the best drawing of my character that I have got though.

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » March 9th, 2017, 11:13 am

Heh...I'm noticing your Visual/Spacial at 35% in your signature. Still better than anything I could do. I stugle even with getting stick figures to pose without looking all disproportionate.

Bubbadoo

Post by Bubbadoo » March 9th, 2017, 8:11 pm

Aracth'nil wrote:Heh...I'm noticing your Visual/Spacial at 35% in your signature. Still better than anything I could do. I stugle even with getting stick figures to pose without looking all disproportionate.
Yeah thanks, I used to think I couldn't draw until like.. a couple years ago on my senior year of high school when I was pushed into an art class because I had nothing else to go to. I have much better drawings than that though!

Like this hand (Except the fingers turned out awful.)

and also two dragons I drew for my friends.
ImageImage

LokiDragon
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Post by LokiDragon » March 9th, 2017, 8:58 pm

That hand isn't that bad... the fingers just need making a bit longer. I noticed you sharksona sketch has the same problem! Hands are tricky you just need to practise. You might want to start your own thread in the creativity section... You can post more sketches in there.

Bubbadoo

Post by Bubbadoo » March 9th, 2017, 9:13 pm

LokiDragon wrote:That hand isn't that bad... the fingers just need making a bit longer. I noticed you sharksona sketch has the same problem! Hands are tricky you just need to practise. You might want to start your own thread in the creativity section... You can post more sketches in there.
Thanks a ton for the advice.
Also maybe, if I get more sketches I'd want to show off.

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » March 10th, 2017, 12:45 pm

That's actually good... I can only get as far as tracing a hand before I start stressing if my planned line will stuff everything up or if an idea will work. I'm not really an art type I think - I don't have a natural interest in it for myself like I do with some other things.